Soxtalk Mock 1st Round Signups

danman31

The idea of the community mock draft as was thrown around in the other thread got me thinking that maybe we should do something like that here. I'm hoping we have enough people to sign up for all the teams, but likely people will need to double up. I figure we can bang this out in a few days once we get it rolling as long as people pay attention to it because we can just post the selections and then move on to the next pick. Here is the first round order (edited with who has taken certain teams):

1. Diamondbacks- Punch and Judy Garland (random)

2. Royals- maggsmaggs

3. Mariners- Soxheads

4. Nationals- Cerbaho-WG

5. Brewers- Palehosefan

6. Blue Jays- Fotop

7. Rockies- thomsonmi

8. Devil Rays- aboz56

9. Mets- Punch and Judy Garland

10. Tigers- Rowand44 (random)

11. Pirates- CWSGuy406

12. Reds- He Gawn (random)

13. Orioles- Chisoxrd5

14. Indians- Cerbaho-WG

15. White Sox- DBAH0

16. Marlins- farmteam

17. Yankees (from Phillies)- JDsDirtySox

18. Padres- danman31 (random)

19. Rangers- JDsDirtySox

20. Cubs- thomsonmi

21. Athletics- WHarris1

22. Marlins (Giants)- farmteam

23. Red Sox (Angels)- thonsonmi

24. Astros- White Sox Josh

25. Twins- White Sox Josh

26. Red Sox (Dodgers)- thomsonmi

27. Braves- danman31 (random)

28. Cardinals (Red Sox)- dasox24

29. Marlins (from Yankees)- farmteam

30. Cardinals- dasox24

The Phillies, Giants, Angels, and Dodgers do not have first round picks so we have 26 teams to fill.

Edited by danman31

We may not get 26, but we can probably get most of the way there. Since it is just one round, it could even be at a slower pace like the course of one night as opposed to in just onehour or something. How do you feel about random team assignments? Would that be better than calling dibs? Curious what you think

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 28, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
Can I take the A's or am I not qualified?

We're going to need people so I'm not going to say no to anyone.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 28, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
We may not get 26, but we can probably get most of the way there. Since it is just one round, it could even be at a slower pace like the course of one night as opposed to in just onehour or something. How do you feel about random team assignments? Would that be better than calling dibs? Curious what you think

Yeah, I kind of figured it would take a few days since we have about a week and a half until the draft. I would assume people would like to be able to pick their team, but I don't really care. It's up to whoever signs up, we could just take a vote.

I'll do it.

Also, if we get a assigned a team like the Red Sox or Marlins who have two picks in the first round, do we pick for both picks, or just one of them? If we do pick both picks, I'd like to have the Marlins or Red Sox. If not, it doesn't really matter.

QUOTE(farmteam @ May 28, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
I'll do it.

Also, if we get a assigned a team like the Red Sox or Marlins who have two picks in the first round, do we pick for both picks, or just one of them?  If we do pick both picks, I'd like to have the Marlins or Red Sox.  If not, it doesn't really matter.

Both picks.

So, who's gonna get the White Sox? Dan, I'm guessing you or Jas will get 1st dibs on that choice. Or, for the Sox can we start a seperate "poll" thread when it's time for the #15 pick, and have people vote, and the player w/ the most votes is that pick and then continue on with the draft.

Btw, can I have the Cardinals?

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE(dasox24 @ May 28, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
So, who's gonna get the White Sox?  Dan, I'm guessing you or Jas will get 1st dibs on that choice.  Or, for the Sox can we start a seperate "poll" thread when it's time for the #15 pick, and have people vote, and the player w/ the most votes is that pick and then continue on with the draft.

Btw, can I have the Cardinals?

I'll be out of town until the day before the draft so I won't be able to participate at all. I'll be around till Thursday than I get back that Monday.

Alright, I started randomly selecting people who said they didn't care to teams. I'll keep editing the first post to update which teams are taken/available. I'll start allowing people to take 2 teams late on Sunday so more people have a chance to play.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ May 28, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
I'll take the Royals, BTW when do you expect this to go down, because with school, I won't be available always (basically during the day) to make the draft go super quick.

We'll probably have this sometime during midweek, but the first round will probably take place over a couple days so don't worry about not being home because of school. If we get in a bind timewise I'll have people PM their top choices in order when their pick is close so I can auto pick for them sometime.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ May 28, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
Is it going to be just a 1st round mock? I'll take the Brewers by the way, if I'm somehow late for my picks, anyone can feel free to remind me via pm or email.

It's just the first round.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 29, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
I'll take the White Sox if no-one else jumps in, otherwise Dan can assign me a team.

My guess is that Dan is gonna chose the Sox himself, unless we do what I suggested earlier, and that's have us vote on who we'd think the Sox should take.