Robbie Gordon is a freaking twit

Current NASCAR racer Robbie Gordon is quite infuriated by the concept of Danica Patrick, a female, being able to race along with the big boys. His reason? Women weigh less than men, and he thinks that's an unfair advantage.

Robby Gordon accused Danica Patrick of having an unfair advantage in the Indianapolis 500 and said Saturday he will not compete in the race again unless the field is equalized.

Gordon, a former open-wheel driver now in NASCAR, contends that Patrick is at an advantage over the rest of the competitors because she only weighs 100 pounds. Because all the cars weigh the same, Patrick's is lighter on the race track.

"The lighter the car, the faster it goes," Gordon said. "Do the math. Put her in the car at her weight, then put me or Tony Stewart in the car at 200 pounds and our car is at least 100 pounds heavier.

"I won't race against her until the IRL does something to take that advantage away."

The Indy Racing League does not consider the weight of the driver in its race specifications. The car has to weigh at least 1,525 pounds before the fuel and driver are added, and teams in Indy have estimated that Patrick will gain close to 1 mph in speed because of her small stature.

Although her rivals in Sunday's race have said she doesn't have a huge advantage, pole-sitter Tony Kanaan told reporters he would like the Indy Racing League to look into the issue.

"Right off the bat, a guy my size is spotting her 105 pounds," Gordon said. "That's the reason she's so much faster."

Yeah, so I think Gordon's next step will be to make sure that no one in racing goes on a diet. He also will try to pass a rule such that everyone he races against must be unable to fit in an airline seat.

In other news...Robbie Gordon also wants male baseball players to be forced to swing concrete bats, because the fact that men tend to be able to swing a bat harder than women puts them at a huge disadvantage, and you know how he wants everyone to be on a level playing field.

Tiger Woods must also replace his normal golf balls with pieces of rock collected from Hawaii. Otherwise, it's just unfair to everyone else on the tour.

I never thought about that advantage before. I guess he's right about that, but still. Let her race and have a good time. It's good for the sport, even though I got tired of hearing nonsense about her all last week. Like, what's your favorite color and that sort of stuff was getting old fast.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
You're gonna start seeing midgets driving in NASCAR just like a jockey. Book it.

It dont make a difference how big you are all the cars weigh the same anyways. Newmans a big guy and hes always on the pole while Lefflers really small and he still sucks.

fed is right. all cars should be weighed with drivers so that no one, male or female, will have an unfair advantage of another...at least in that area. robbie showed his true self in the way he went about it though-- whining that he won't participate against her until irl does something about it.

If its such an advantage, why are these drivers weighing 200+ lbs. This is taking whining to a whole new level. Do they b**** and moan about drivers who weigh 150? Danica did herself proud today. Dan Wheldon, the guy who won the race and has won 4 out of 5 races weighs in at 157. Maybe Robbie Gordon should go on a diet.

Edited by Dick Allen

Robby Gordon needs to shut the F up and eat a salad.

Gordon on Basketball: "I'm not playing against Shaq, he's to tall."

Gordon on Baseball: "I'm not playing against Buerhle, he pitches to quick."

Gordon on Football: "I'm not playing football even the kickers are tougher than me."

Gordon on Hockey: "I'm glad they're locked out because I can't skate.

Gordon on Tennis : " I'm not playing Tennis, Serena has bigger thighs than me."

Danica Patrick is big enough where it counts Gordon, she's got bigger balls than you.

QUOTE(whitesoxmurph @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
Danica Patrick is big enough where it counts Gordon, she's got bigger balls than you.

Great line!

Also, race car drives have said for years that they are athelets. Well, Patrick weighs less then Gordon and probably has less muscle, yet is a better driver. Wouldn't that make her a better athlete than him? hmmmm......