Josh Paul sent down to AAA

chunk23

Guest hotsoxchick1

ummm did we loose burke????? i kinda thought he could do fairly well if we needed him for a short time...........ie.....sandy goes out for a bit....... :huh:

This is the version of the story in the Sun Times today.

-A day after saying he was trying to make the best of a tough situation, White Sox catcher Josh Paul cleared waivers Wednesday and was sent to Class AAA Charlotte.

Paul was replaced on the major-league roster by left-handed reliever David Sanders, one of the last roster cuts before the season started.

"Triple-A [stinks],'' Paul said Tuesday. "It's hard, yeah. I'm just doing my best to stay ready for when they need me.''

Paul, who was out of minor-league options, made the roster out of spring training partly because the Sox were worried that they wouldn't be able to slip him through waivers.

"We've been monitoring the waivers for the last few weeks, and we were optimistic that we could get him through at this time,'' Sox assistant general manager Rick Hahn said. "The decision was more motivated by wanting to get the 12th pitcher up here and the third lefty.''

Sanders was 0-1 with a 2.57 ERA and 12 strikeouts in five appearances at Charlotte. During spring training, he had a 5.00 ERA and nine strikeouts in nine appearances.

"I was told to come into the manager's office, and I thought maybe I got traded,'' Sanders said. "It was a good surprise, definitely.''

Guest hotsoxchick1
Not a good attitude to have their Josh.  It's about time he got sent down, he should have never been up here to begin with.

Rowand will be sent down in a bout a week if he continues to fail to hit himself out of a paper bag.

the problem with josh is thats been his attitude all along.. he thinks hes the best and he shouldnt be bounced around.... well someone foregot to tell him that sometimes thats how things work...........if he cant change his attitude problems and quit throwing the baby fits its going to hamper his playing abilities all the time.............

Not a good attitude to have their Josh.  It's about time he got sent down, he should have never been up here to begin with.

Rowand will be sent down in a bout a week if he continues to fail to hit himself out of a paper bag.

the problem with josh is thats been his attitude all along.. he thinks hes the best and he shouldnt be bounced around.... well someone foregot to tell him that sometimes thats how things work...........if he cant change his attitude problems and quit throwing the baby fits its going to hamper his playing abilities all the time.............

HSC, kind of off topic, but sort of related. You and a couple others seem to know the players more intimately than any of us. My question is which players are the good guys on the team? Which ones are the team players and have the best work ethics? Are there any real suprises in that group?

Guest hotsoxchick1

some of the people who have the best work ethics ......rowand is one of them......(you would never know it by the way hes hitting though lol j/k).......crede, valentin, maggs, buehrle, koch, loz,garland, glover, wunch, olivo, lee, alomar, marte, graff, stewie, and white(they are always working hard) and even this season (surprise) thomas has joined the bunch of having good work ethics ( in a teamate sense).....most of these guys can be seen on off days in town at the lisle facility doing their rituals....they are also some of the guys who do regular conditioning programs at the park during work days.......most of the guys on the team are good guys.. im not sure what you want from that question.. any of them whos path i have crossed have always been very cool with me or my kids.....of course its no secret that theres pretty much only one guy on the team i dont care for very much and thats jimenez.....he has an attitude and i dont care to deal with it.......other than that i dont have problems with any of the players nor their families who i sit around............

if i have to pick an all around fun type of guy on the team those honors go to two guys... wunch and rowand who are the pranksters and jokers of the group... they pretty much keep everyone on their toes and laughing.........koch is trying to fit the more sarcastic type of this role and its not sitting well with a few of the vets contrary to what some of the press may think.......does that answer your question a bit????

I'll add to HSC's reply.. there really are no "bad apples" in the group (with the exception of lazy boy ;) - but so far that hasn't been too much of a distraction I hear). I will definitely agree that Rowand is a workhorse! Most just want to get to the park on game days and do their thing. There are some weird rituals out there.. LOL.

As far as personally.. I'm not even going to go there in divulging personal stuff that I've seen. It all comes out in the wash. But they are just like you and me. They have their good days, and they have their bad.

Guest hotsoxchick1

quite honestly i belive he is not 100% yet.....his shoulder and back have been giving him a bit of trouble and i know hes been working it out alot harder than usual but maybe its been a tad overboard and hes just not being patient enough with the healing process...........hes a very determined person.......and this slump is killing him on a personal level...i just hope he doesnt take it too much to heart and loose it completely...

HSC , if he hurt sit down, if he is not SIT DOWN, Rowand is not working for this team anymore.

If you knew AR.. you'd know this is not an option for him - not condoning it.. just stating a fact. He is a total workhorse. He's been working out every single day since he got the OK. He refuses to be told no. I understand his determination, but I don't agree with it. Especially with his youth. He's scared to lose his job. He's not going to ask to sit. I'm with Michelle. I hope he can find a bit of patients and take it one day at a time. Luckily he is young and those bones are strong. I do feel that once he finds his groove that the hitting will come easier and the stress (pain?) will be less and he'll flourish. (Fingers tightly crossed!!)