SOX vs. Angels 5-30-05

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 30, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
Man... yes, we are struggling, but we're up 3-2. 

I don't think you'll be happy until we win 15-0 every day with no errors.

That's the thing. A lot of us feel like the score should easily be like 7-2, etc. I guarantee you there'd be 100 times less complaining on here if that was the case.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 30, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
This game has the worst vibe ever, correct?

It's odd how this team performs against Washburn.

As if, no matter how well we're hitting or poorly he's pitching, our offense only scratches across 3 runs.

However, we'll need more than 3 tonight. I don't believe Buehlre or the pen will shut down the Angels from this point on. Every out recorded in the outfield by Rowand/Pods/Dye is crushed. Only a matter of time before one finds the seats.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 30, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
I don't think we are going to score another run in this one.  I smell a loss here.

that would be likely, say, if we were trailing. step back from the ledge please.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 30, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
I don't think we are going to score another run in this one.  I smell a loss here.

Not quite yet. I have faith in Buehrle to keep his lead. But, if he does let them tie, I feel we'll lose. Only way to win, most likely, is for Buehrle to shut them down as has been the case this entire season.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 30, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
Have you watched the game?  They should have easily scored more than 3 runs.

It's kinda like yesterday. They should have scored more then they did, I think they left 9 on base.

They're getting on, they just can't clutch hit to save their lives right now... which is total opposite in April.

I agree in the sense that we need a 15-2 kinda game to break out. Then I think we'll get back on the horse and get going again.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 30, 2005 -> 04:47 PM)
It's kinda like yesterday.  They should have scored more then they did, I think they left 9 on base.

They're getting on, they just can't clutch hit to save their lives right now... which is total opposite in April.

I agree in the sense that we need a 15-2 kinda game to break out.  Then I think we'll get back on the horse and get going again.

I think they left more like 17 on base.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 30, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
I'm with DJ and hoping those shadows shut down the Angels' offense for the rest of the game.  I have no faith in our offense scoring any insurance runs.

We have got to retire Chone leading off next inning. Finley scares the crap out of me with how he's swinging now.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ May 30, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
Although, after seeing how crappy of a bunter he is, it might catch them by surprise.

with his speed, the third baseman can be in the outfield grass and probably still throw him out.. :bang :bang

QUOTE(fathom @ May 30, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
They left 11 on base yesterday.  The 20 is personal LOB, which isn't the real stat.

You're right, it was 9 through 7 innings... then they left two more in the eigth.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 30, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
We have got to retire Chone leading off next inning.  Finley scares the crap out of me with how he's swinging now.

That moment will dictate the remainder of this game.

Retire Figgens, and at worst, it's a tie game if Finley jacks one.

Figgens reaches, Ozzie may want to consider using Marte against Finley.