College World Series Field

Go Titans. Fullerton lost there final two games of the season, but one of the games was blown (first time there closer had given up a run in like 17 or 22 innings). Better than that it was the first start of one of their better starters in some time so it looks like they are getting healthy right in time.

However, the two losses right at the end could bump them from #1 overall.

Looking forward to another College World Series run...well hopefully :cheers :headbang

Now how the hell the Titans went from #1 overall to #6 overall with two losses after clinching things up, I'll never freaking know.

Man looking over the bracket my Titans got f***ing jobbed. They must have the hardest freaking regional of the group and they are one of, if not the best 3 teams in the country yet they get stuck with the hardest bracket.

Than ASU somehow gets a freaking cakewalk of a bracket that they host, well compared to the Titans bracket with Arizona and Missouri both in it.

However if Fullerton can move on they'd face ASU's bracket, but who knows if that will happen.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 30, 2005 -> 09:52 AM)
U of I was leading the big 10 going into the big 10 tourney too, what a shame.

I was kind of surprised they didn't get in, but then again the Big 10 isn't known as a baseball conference. If it makes you all feel better Caly Poly didn't get in and for a while they were basically tied with Fullerton in there conference (which is made up of two of the best teams in the country: Fullerton and Long Beach State).

That was probably the single most jobbed team, imo. On a sidenote, what the hell happened to Georgia Tech.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 30, 2005 -> 10:11 AM)
Wasn't Poly tied with Long Beach?

Ya, I'm pretty sure they finished tied with Beach. Poly also played the Titans really tight as well as LBSU. I don't get how a team conference can have 2 1 seeds and than the team that finishes pretty much tied with one of the 1 seeds doesn't get an at-large bid.

As far as Cal Tech goes thats a different school. There is a Cal Poly Pomona (the one I'm speaking of) and a Cal Poly San Louis Obispo.

Cal Tech must be a school of some sort, but the only time I hear there names are when there is an earthquake. You always have someone from Cal Tech on talking about it.

QUOTE(farmteam @ May 30, 2005 -> 10:20 AM)
Yeah, Cal Tech is an uber smart school.  The only reason I asked is because I think the whole name is California School of Polytechnics or something.

I'm assuming its similar to MIT and such.

QUOTE(Heartattack19 @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:48 PM)
Is it true that UIC is tearing down the baseball foeld on Roosevelt to make way for a Chemistry Building.  If so, that is a shame, it is a great field and has a great veiw of the Skyline.  Plus, it is the site of my only home run i ever hit over a fence!

I haven't heard anything about that. I know we wont' be using the old Phys Ed Building(I think they're tearing that down) and their building a new Phys Ed building on Halsted & Harrison.

Let's go Irish? :P

I haven't really followed the team much this year, but my RA this past year was on the team the last time ND made it to Omaha. We're always pretty good, so I look forward to the action. CWS is pretty underrated, IMO.