Which is sexier

Texsox

Which is sexier?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which is sexier?

• Front Closure?
    • Rear Hooks?

The first modern brassiere to receive a patent was one invented by a New York socialite named Mary Phelps Jacob in 1913. Mary had just purchased a sheer evening gown for one of her social events. At that time, the only acceptable undergarment was a corset stiffened with whaleback bones. Mary found that the whalebones poked out visible around the plunging neckline and under the sheer fabric. Two silk handkerchiefs and some pink ribbon later, Mary had designed an alternative to the corset. The corset's reign was starting to topple.

An unhealthy and painful device designed to narrow an adult women's waist to 13, 12, 11 and even 10 or less inches, the corset is attributed to Catherine de Médicis, wife of King Henri II of France. She enforced a ban on thick waists at court attendance's (1550's) and started over 350 years of whalebones, steel rods and midriff torture.

Mary Phelps Jacob's new undergarment complimented the new fashions introduced at the time and demands from friends and family were high for the new brassiere. On November 3, 1914, a patent for the 'Backless Brassiere' issued. Caresse Crosby was the business name Jacob used for her brassiere production. Running a business was not enjoyable to Jacob and she soon sold the brassiere patent to the Warner Brothers Corset Company in Bridgeport, Connecticut, for $1,500. Warner (the bra-makers, not the movie-makers) made over fifteen million dollars from the bra patent over the next thirty years.

Mary Phelps Jacob was the first to patent an undergarment named 'Brassiere' derived from the old French word for 'upper arm'. Her patent was for a device that was lightweight, soft and separated the breasts naturally.

More at link

Any red-blooded male who voted for the rear hooks option obviously never saw that Phoebe Cates scene from Fast Times at Ridgemont High... :D

Besides, front clasp = one handed manipulation, while a couple of back hooks = you'd better be Houdini.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 30, 2005 -> 06:27 PM)
I am the rear hook master and it still is not very sexy at all.

I don't know...I had a guy friend who could unhook a rear bra with one hand (and very stealthly) it really was an artform.

Unless of course he took you for surprise with a hug in the caf. But, man, nothing is sexier than a man who can get in your knickers (no matter how complex) expertly. With the possible exception of someone *not* being able to get into them at all. The look of torment and frustration is also pretty hot.

Edited by ChiSoxyGirl

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ May 30, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
I don't know...I had a guy friend who could unhook a rear bra with one hand (and very stealthly) it really was an artform.

Unless of course he took you for surprise with a hug in the caf. But, man, nothing is sexier than a man who can get in your knickers (no matter how complex) expertly. With the possible exception of someone *not* being able to get into them at all. The look of torment and frustration is also pretty hot.

I take my girlfriend's bra off with one hand all the time. I really don't understand why some people have so much trouble.

The one hand trick is dependent somewhat on the fit of the bra. There needs to be just a little slack to allow the thumb to ease against the reinforcement while the other fingers pull the hooks towards the other side. One key is hesitating slightly before releasing the two sides. No need to waste that moment.

The advantage of front clasps is then everything moves out of the way. Rear hooks leave too much stuff right in front. Nice for a back rub, bad for anything else.

QUOTE(soxman352000 @ May 30, 2005 -> 11:15 PM)
Girlfriend, right sure you do :P

inflatables have bras? :huh

I kid, because I care™*

*Used my permission.

Winodj, got anything to add ;)

Edited by Texsox

QUOTE(soxman352000 @ May 30, 2005 -> 11:15 PM)
Girlfriend, right sure you do :P

Ha, nice. There's really nothing to it, though. I just use my thumb on one side, index finger on the other, and bring the two together and pull away from the skin at the same time. Once in a while though, only one of the latches will unhook, but I guess only one would be too easy. :P

Front is sexy if she is taking it off.....

As for access...it's much easier to take off the back clasp. One hand, one move and bam...its off....and once its off she usually won't stop you to put it back on. So you get to feel on a lot more girls then you would if you were incompetent and had to ask her to help you take it off. Once she stops and has a second to think about it....the moment is gone and she will probably just stop ya right there.

Good Luck boys.

Practice practice....could be the difference between a single and a double

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 31, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
I think thongs are the sexiest things a girl can wear.  Comfortable, too :P

Second sexiest... with sexy outfit number one being a garter belt and a dry martini. :)

I actually think that was an old Dean Martin line about what wives should wear be wearing when they ggreet their husband at the door in the evenings.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 31, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
Second sexiest... with sexy outfit number one being a garter belt and a dry martini. :)

I actually think that was an old Dean Martin line about what wives should wear be wearing when they ggreet their husband at the door in the evenings.

I had to search who Dean Martin was :P

If you forgot, you just had a birthday. Happy Birthday again. Geez old guys.

Haha, that Phoebe Cates scene...I remember in the special features where the guy who played the brother (what his name? In real life it was Judge something...Nelson?) said that the actress who played Phoebe was supposed to walk into the bathroom and act surprised, so they didn't tell her what the brother would be doing. Turns out, he was masturbating with a dildo. Needless to say, it sufficed enough to get a good scare out of her.

Also, in the poolroom scene, Mike Damone was also supposed to have some nudity. They cut that out to get away from an (as it was called then) "X" rating. Also, the part where Phoebe was teaching the other girl how to give a BJ in the cafeteria was originally supposed to be done with the two girls in a Hot Tub.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 31, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)
I think thongs are the sexiest things a girl can wear.  Comfortable, too :P

I'll have to take your word for it on the comfort thing, but only a chick with a great ass can get away with cheeky panties...thongs are on their way out.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 07:31 AM)
...but only a chick with a great ass can get away with cheeky panties...thongs are on their way out.

Pretty sure you would need a great ass to get away with a thong also. Not so sure I would be all that excited to see somebody with Aretha Franklins body sporting a thong.

I have been told by VERY reliable sources that thongs are very uncomfortable, unless you enjoy wedgies.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
Pretty sure you would need a great ass to get away with a thong also. Not so sure I would be all that excited to see somebody with Aretha Franklins body sporting a thong.

I have been told by VERY reliable sources that thongs are very uncomfortable, unless you enjoy wedgies.

Of course, but I think a thong creates an illusion that can improve the appearance of almost, almost any rear.

With cheeky panties, you gotta be bringin' it.