Timo

C_LEE45

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hanky Panky @ May 30, 2005 -> 11:06 PM)
I think that is why Iguchi's defense was not its best today.

Iguchi's error in the 9th had nothing to do with the sun/shadows. He tried to rush the flip when he should have just tagged the runner and then thrown to first. Iguchi was way off at 2nd base all day today.

I just got back from the game.

Was I the only one wondering why Iguchi was pinch-hit for in the ninth? I mean, 2nd and 3rd, don't you want a good contact hitter up there? Then maybe Everett pinch hit for Timo if Gooch can't get the job done?

Nice job, Timo. You get a one-week repreive. Hopefully, that will be the last time I see you in a Sox uni until the September call-ups.

I booed the s*** out of him both times he was announced to the plate, and after the game fans pointed at me and gave me "I told ya sos" but bottom line, Timo Perez doesnt not belong on an MLB roster, unless of course he's on a different AL Central roster :P

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ May 30, 2005 -> 06:10 PM)
I booed the s*** out of him both times he was announced to the plate, and after the game fans pointed at me and gave me "I told ya sos"  but bottom line, Timo Perez doesnt not belong on an MLB roster, unless of course he's on a different AL Central roster  :P

Dude, you weren't the only one booing Timo. In Sec 147 where I was there were at least a dozen people around me booing and making jokes about him. What really cracked me up though was when he first came in the game there was this teenage girl 3 rows behind me who said "are you hungry timo?" I don't know why but I just busted out laughing when I heard that.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 30, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)
As the founder of the OMIT TIMO saying, I'm not afraid to admit I hate Timo's guts.  However, I'm more of a Sox fan than a Timo hater, so I say this......way to go Timo!!!  Great time for him to get a hit.

My sentiments exactly...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 30, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)

Was I the only one wondering why Iguchi was pinch-hit for in the ninth?  I mean, 2nd and 3rd, don't you want a good contact hitter up there?  Then maybe Everett pinch hit for Timo if Gooch can't get the job done?

I thought the same thing.... I think Ozzie just wanted Iguchi out of the game. He had already had 4 defensive miscues in the game. -- He hadn't even had 4 defensive miscues all year -- His head wasn't in the game.

All in all, it was a terrible F'n game. Thank God we won, or this board would have blown up, even on a holiday.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 30, 2005 -> 06:08 PM)

Was I the only one wondering why Iguchi was pinch-hit for in the ninth?  I mean, 2nd and 3rd, don't you want a good contact hitter up there?  Then maybe Everett pinch hit for Timo if Gooch can't get the job done?

Nice job, Timo.  You get a one-week repreive.  Hopefully, that will be the last time I see you in a Sox uni until the September call-ups.

Taking Iguchi was by far imo the worst move ozzie has ever made. Gooch has been our best hitter all year and he takes him out for a struggling everett, absolutely idiotic, ozzie just falls in love with the righty-lefty bulls***, unreal at times.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 30, 2005 -> 11:00 PM)
For the record timo still blows.

I say sign him to a contract extension. Sorry Qwerty, but the sweet intoxication of a victory has clouded my otherwise sheer horror of some of the last few at bats I have seen Timo look terrible.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 30, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
Taking Iguchi was by far imo the worst move ozzie has ever made.  Gooch has been our best hitter all year and he takes him out for a struggling everett, absolutely idiotic, ozzie just falls in love with the righty-lefty bulls***, unreal at times.

i agree Everett sucks,,iguchi should of been up there just so he can try to make up for the bad play in the 9th.By far 1 of ozzies worst games,i know mark was pitching good BUT hey Ozz thats what we have a CLOSER for that should have been Hermys 9th :gosox1:

This is why Timo's still on the team. He gets hits when he needs to. I have never disliked Timo. Has he struggled? Yes, and he probably will be like that(which is why he isn't a starter) but he's a supersub(ala Hollandsworth who's just in a hitting slump like the rest of the team. For him, it's magnified simply because everyone wants the bench to bat over .300

This is why Timo's still on the team. He gets hits when he needs to. I have never disliked Timo. Has he struggled? Yes, and he probably will be like that(which is why he isn't a starter) but he's a supersub(ala Hollandsworth who's just in a hitting slump like the rest of the team. For him, it's magnified simply because everyone wants the bench to bat over .300

Timo blew a game earlier in the season when he couldn't hit a sac fly and struck out instead. He just made up for that game. He still doesn't deserve a roster spot when El Duque and Gload are back. I'd rather see Everett, Ozuna, and even Gload in the lineup and outfield than Timo.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:52 AM)

The supersub part actually made me laugh.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 31, 2005 -> 06:43 AM)
Yep...Timo can play Rightfield AND Centerfield!!

A true definition of utility player!

Nice job Timo, but I still think you f***ing suck and have no business being on this team.

Is that any way to talk about the Super sub? That is what they called him on the cover of the Sun times...oh my God!