Frank leaves game early

Ozzie Montana

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 30, 2005 -> 07:02 PM)
It's all good, I wouldn't expect anything less on a Sox message board.

(End of Frank "f***ing" Thomas 10th all-time in OPS and future HOF bashing.)

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 30, 2005 -> 07:04 PM)
:huh

I missed the bashing at the end. My bad. :cheers

Just saw on Comcast Sports Net, Thomas said he just strained his hip a little due to being a little excited and running extra hard during the game. He says he wanted out because he didn't want to aggrevate it and put him out on the DL for another 2 weeks. Other than that, he feels fine, and he'll just see how he feels for the next game, but he won't be out for any extended period of time.

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ May 30, 2005 -> 08:08 PM)
I missed the bashing at the end. My bad. :cheers

You guys act like I hate him as a player or something. The main reason I ever even call him that is that he pissed me off a few years ago when he b****ed all of ST about his contract. Just not a big fan of players b****ing about their contracts, never have been, never will. Another reason I bashed Maggs heavily once he left and I bash pretty much anyone who talks about a contract. Besides that, got no problems with the guy. He's a hell of a player. The best ever to play for the Sox.

I'm just not surprised he is already hurt. Thought he was rushed back too soon and I had a bad feeling he may not be ready yet.

This may have been just a fluke injury, but I'd like to have 100% assurance that he is ready to go at full-speed before throwing him out there again. With some of the slugs we have burning up the average column, we can't afford to have him come back before totally ready and get injured for the rest of the year.

You guys act like I hate him as a player or something.  The main reason I ever even call him that is that he pissed me off a few years ago when he b****ed all of ST about his contract. Just not a big fan of players b****ing about their contracts, never have been, never will.  Another reason I bashed Maggs heavily once he left and I bash pretty much anyone who talks about a contract.  Besides that, got no problems with the guy.  He's a hell of a player.  The best ever to play for the Sox.

I'm just not surprised he is already hurt.  Thought he was rushed back too soon and I had a bad feeling he may not be ready yet.

This may have been just a fluke injury, but I'd like to have 100% assurance that he is ready to go at full-speed before throwing him out there again.  With some of the slugs we have burning up the average column, we can't afford to have him come back before totally ready and get injured for the rest of the year.

So once again, you dislike Frank because of his contract dispute but like a guy (Bobby Jenks) who burned his own pitching arm with a lighter?

To each his own, I guess.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 30, 2005 -> 11:57 PM)
Willie has the best avatar on this entire site, no question.

BTW, you don't like Frank, that's fine.  But the only people I know who refer to Frank as "Big Skirt" are Cubs fans, and that's mostly out of jealousy.  As for me, I could never talk s*** about a guy with a Top 10 OPS in the history of the major leagues, let alone a guy who is on the team that I've been rooting for since before I can remember.

well he really doesnt just have bobby jenks in his sig its just showing our top pitching prospects... what represents him more is his avatar which is Gio Gonzalez.. :P

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 30, 2005 -> 07:13 PM)
I'm just not surprised he is already hurt.  Thought he was rushed back too soon and I had a bad feeling he may not be ready yet.

This may have been just a fluke injury, but I'd like to have 100% assurance that he is ready to go at full-speed before throwing him out there again.  With some of the slugs we have burning up the average column, we can't afford to have him come back before totally ready and get injured for the rest of the year.

Well, that is different then. I can respect that answer. I can see a good reason to why he was rushed back too, as it seems the management thought this club needed a spark after losing a bunch of games in a row.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 30, 2005 -> 05:13 PM)
This may have been just a fluke injury, but I'd like to have 100% assurance that he is ready to go at full-speed before throwing him out there again.

I'm no trainer, but it's hard to imagine a strained hip flexor is related to his foot injury. Perhaps it is, but Frank is a huge 37 year old man. Pulling a muscle can happen any number of ways. Hell, I've hurt my shoulder from sleeping on it wrong. Nothing like this happened last week in Charlotte, and I think the adrenaline from coming home had as much to do with it as anything.

Good news...

Per Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Frank said he just strained his hip a little due to being a overexcited and running extra hard during the game. He says he wanted to come out of the game because he didn't want to aggravate it and put him out on the DL for another 2 weeks. Other than that, he said he feels fine and he'll just see how he feels for tomorrow's game but he won't be out for any extended period of time.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 30, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
You guys should know that I don't like Frank, get over it.

And enough bashing.

Frank Thomas is the best Sox player in our generation, and your a White Sox fan, and you bash him.

Am I missing something?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 30, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
So once again, you dislike Frank because of his contract dispute but like a guy (Bobby Jenks) who burned his own pitching arm with a lighter?

To each his own, I guess.

LOL Bobby jenks burning himself with a lighter is f***ing hilarious!!! :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 30, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
I don't care what reasons you have. NO true sox fan would  EVER call Frank that.

Questioning me as a true Sox fan? LMAO. You really are a comedian.

Name another person who lives over 5 hours away and routinely goes to 10 games per season. I'd like to see that list. It's not long at all.

Soxfest? Check.

Spring Training? Check.

Minor League Games? Check.

At the Cell Often? Check.

Watch nearly every game in its entirety? Check.

Get your facts before making absurd comments.

Or maybe grow a bit thicker skin and realize that not everyone slurps Frank Thomas. I love him as a player, don't particularly care for some of the stuff that he has done.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 30, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
Questioning me as a true Sox fan?  LMAO.  You really are a comedian.

Name another person who lives over 5 hours away and routinely goes to 10 games per season.  I'd like to see that list.  It's not long at all.

Soxfest? Check.

Spring Training? Check.

Or maybe grow a bit thicker skin and realize that not everyone slurps Frank Thomas.  I love him as a player, don't particularly care for some of the stuff that he has done.

Frank has done a lot for the white sox. Sure he has made mistakes. He is human. If you are a true sox fan you should know the media blows up everything that has to do with Frank. This man had season ending injuries that would have been career ending for some. He went through a divorce, the death of his father,loist his business, losing custody of his kids all within a 2-3 year period. Give him a break. I'm just saying as a sox fan you should back up the Greatest sox player to ever live. I'm not saying have his back no matter what he does. What I am saying is... I'm sure their are bill fans who still have OJ's back. :P

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 30, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
Frank has done a lot for the white sox. Sure he has made mistakes. He is human. If you are a true sox fan you should know the media blows up everything that has to do with Frank.  This man had season ending injuries that would have been career ending for some.  He went through a divorce, the death of  his father,loist his business, losing custody of his kids all within a 2-3 year period.  Give him a break. I'm just saying as a sox fan you should back up the Greatest sox player to ever live.  I'm not saying have his back no matter what he does. What I am saying is... I'm sure their are bill fans who still have OJ's back. :P

You act like I hate the guy. This has gotten blown up WAY too much.

He is the greatest player in Sox History. Let's leave it at that.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 30, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
You act like I hate the guy.  This has gotten blown up WAY too much.

He is the greatest player in Sox History.  Let's leave it at that.

I'm sorry . Thier are 3 players I will defend like that. Mark B , Frank, and Arrow.

Didn't mean to get on your case. I didn't read this entire thread. Now that I'm reading it I realize enough people got on you.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 30, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
Questioning me as a true Sox fan?  LMAO.  You really are a comedian.

Name another person who lives over 5 hours away and routinely goes to 10 games per season.  I'd like to see that list.  It's not long at all.

Soxfest? Check.

Spring Training? Check.

Or maybe grow a bit thicker skin and realize that not everyone slurps Frank Thomas.  I love him as a player, don't particularly care for some of the stuff that he has done.

ABOZ no one should ever question you as a sox fan. As a frank thomas fan thats different. I personally think Frank is ht ebest sox player I have ever seen and would like him to conitnue that path for this year and next. its going to be tough but the guy was indeed the best. plain and simple, and no carl everett or jermaine dye will ever take that away. THis guy is really the only guy I will ever defend. he won way too many ballgames for us. and I believe he can win more.

I think we should all apoligize for going after abooz. There's no doubt he's a die-hard. And for us to be questiong that is not farr. He is a White Sox fan, and just as we dislike players, he has all the right to have his opinion on Frank.

Sorry Abooz, kind of like an automatic response for us Sox fan's, he bashed Frank, he must not be a true fan.

Aboz wouldnt be an admin. here if he wasn't a damn good Sox fan. I love Frank and I'll admit I've called him the Big Skirt a few times. I got all kinds of his baseball cards , statues , toys, and magazines with him on the cover. I just wish he'd run over the catcher once in a while as big as he is. I've seen a lot of weak slides into the plate by Frank and get frustrated. But I'm like a little kid now that he's back and hope he can do a great job. I will no longer wish for him to crush a catcher because of all his injuries.