Frank leaves game early

Ozzie Montana

Lets face it. We all have had a love-hate fan relationship towards Frank. I don't think anyone can question his career #s and what he has accomplished for our Sox over the last 15+ years. I do remember wanting to not re-sign Frank after his subpar 2002 season when he was a free agent. He always made it public about his contract needs and that just pisses off most fans (ABOZ I know where you are coming from), he also had a bad attitude when things didn't go his way before 2002. But after he signed back with us in 2003- he seemed to have changed for the good. He had a solid 2003 season (should have been an all-star) and we just missed the playoffs. In 2004 he was on pace to repeat what he did in 2003 until his injury. And even with his injury and all the comments Ozzie made towards him- he has been extremely classy, and has been an excellent team player. Everyone seems to bring up old negatives in regards to Frank, but in reality he hasn't done anything negative to the team over the past 3 seasons. He has changed for the good and is near the end of his career. (could be the last in a White Sox uniform) I personally am happy he is back- as our offense could use a presence like Frank to help stir up the opposing pithers thought process. And as far as Frank messing up the team chemistry: I'm not buying it, out team will still have great team chemistry. Ozzie wont settle for less. I was at the game today and when we gave Frank that standing O- i got goosebumps. Definitely a great moment in White Sox history. Welcome back Frank. Hopefully your hip thing aint serious and hopefully he didn't return to the lineup too soon.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
I was at the game today and when we gave Frank that standing O- i got goosebumps. Definitely a great moment in White Sox history. Welcome back Frank. Hopefully your hip thing aint serious and hopefully he didn't return to the lineup too soon.

Yeah the place went nuts!!!!! My little sister was in the fundamentals section and had a 'welcome back frank' sign and were on the scoreboard like 4 times. I was just happy everyone welcomed him back the way they did.

"Hip Flexor Strain Rehabilitation Exercises"

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/sma/sma_iliopsoa_rex.htm

You can begin stretching your hip muscles right away by doing the first 2 exercises. Make sure you only feel a mild discomfort when stretching and not a sharp pain. You may do the last 3 exercises when the pain is gone.

*  Hip flexor stretch: Kneel on both knees and place your uninjured leg forward, with the foot resting flat on the floor. From this position, lean forward at the hip and attempt to press your pelvis down toward the floor until you feel a stretch at the front of your hip. Hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds. Repeat 3 times.

*  Quadriceps stretch: Stand an arm's length away from the wall, facing straight ahead. Brace yourself by keeping the hand on the uninjured side against the wall. With your other hand, grasp the ankle of the injured leg and pull your heel toward your buttocks. Don't arch or twist your back and keep your knees together. Hold this stretch for 15 to 30 seconds. Repeat 3 times.

*  Heel slide: Sit on a firm surface with your legs straight in front of you. Slowly slide the heel of your injured leg toward your buttock by pulling your knee to your chest as you slide. Return to the starting position. Do 3 sets of 10.

*  Straight leg raise: Lie on your back with your legs straight out in front of you. Tighten up the top of your thigh muscle on the injured leg and lift that leg about 8 inches off the floor, keeping the thigh muscle tight throughout. Slowly lower your leg back down to the floor. Do 3 sets of 10.

*  Hip flexion: Stand facing away from a door. Tie a loop in one end of a piece of elastic tubing and put it around your injured ankle. Tie a knot in the other end of the tubing and shut the knot in the door near the bottom. Tighten up the front of your thigh muscle and bring your leg forward, keeping your knee straight. Do 3 sets of 10.

xiliopso.gif

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
Lets face it. We all have had a love-hate fan relationship towards Frank. I don't think anyone can question his career #s and what he has accomplished for our Sox over the last 15+ years. I do remember wanting to not re-sign Frank after his subpar 2002 season when he was a free agent. He always made it public about his contract needs and that just pisses off most fans (ABOZ I know where you are coming from), he also had a bad attitude when things didn't go his way before 2002. But after he signed back with us in 2003- he seemed to have changed for the good. He had a solid 2003 season (should have been an all-star) and we just missed the playoffs. In 2004 he was on pace to repeat what he did in 2003 until his injury. And even with his injury and all the comments Ozzie made towards him- he has been extremely classy, and has been an excellent team player. Everyone seems to bring up old negatives in regards to Frank, but in reality he hasn't done anything negative to the team over the past 3 seasons. He has changed for the good and is near the end of his career. (could be the last in a White Sox uniform) I personally am happy he is back- as our offense could use a presence like Frank to help stir up the opposing pithers thought process. And as far as Frank messing up the team chemistry: I'm not buying it, out team will still have great team chemistry. Ozzie wont settle for less. I was at the game today and when we gave Frank that standing O- i got goosebumps. Definitely a great moment in White Sox history. Welcome back Frank. Hopefully your hip thing aint serious and hopefully he didn't return to the lineup too soon.

Good post.

When the hell did Conan do that "interview"???

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 30, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
Questioning me as a true Sox fan?  LMAO.  You really are a comedian.

Name another person who lives over 5 hours away and routinely goes to 10 games per season.  I'd like to see that list.  It's not long at all.

Soxfest? Check.

Spring Training? Check.

Minor League Games? Check.

At the Cell Often? Check.

Watch nearly every game in its entirety? Check.

Get your facts before making absurd comments.

Or maybe grow a bit thicker skin and realize that not everyone slurps Frank Thomas.  I love him as a player, don't particularly care for some of the stuff that he has done.

:notworthy

I believe we should lay off Abo. After all when the bashers came after Buerhle early last season in the continuing decline thread, Abo calmly added his comments why Buerhle wasn't in decline and accepted the baching of his favorite player.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 31, 2005 -> 06:12 AM)
So this is the guy we are depending on to save the team?  He can't even run "too fast" without getting hurt?  Great.  That makes me feel much better.

Hes just about the best bat out there to add at this point in the season. Best hitter to ever play in chicago and a godly OBP. I think it might work out.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
Hes just about the best bat out there to add at this point in the season.  Best hitter to ever play in chicago and a godly OBP.  I think it might work out.

And what good does that do us if he is hurt again? I am really nervous that we seem to be laying the offensive woes of this team on a guy who just turned 37, has had two year ending injuries in five years, and is in such bad shape right now that he threw out his hip running "too fast".

Sure if Frank can play he should be better than what we have had, but we are back to square one if he struggles or gets hurt again.