F THIS WHITE SOX WINNER

AddisonStSox

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 30, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)
Hermanson couldn't go today, but whatever why let facts get in the way.

You can't possibly be talking to me?

EDIT: Let's just hope you weren't talking to me. If you are questioning my lambasting of Ozzie Guillen after that game you are seriously out of it. Go back and think about some of those decisions and get back to me on that. He get's out of it because Hermanson may or may not be hurting? You have to be f***ing kidding me. Unreal. But, you know, why let facts get in the way?

Edited by AddisonStSox

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 30, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
lol it still makes me laugh that Harris, Crede, and Perez helped win it for the Sox. Those guys get hammered like no other around here. Dye had a decent game too.

Miracles do happen.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ May 30, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)
Our approach??? So Crede's approach was good last year?  Uribe didn't have any slumps?  Frank actually listens to hitting coaches??

Uh, and who was Crede's hitting coach last year?

I'm just wondering why under the watchful eye of Greg Walker, guys like Konerko, Crede, Dye, and even AJ have become dead-pull hitters?

Edited by Frankensteiner

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 30, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
Hermanson couldn't go today, but whatever why let facts get in the way.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 30, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
That's bad news about Hermanson.  He's had some minor health problems so far this year.  I would be shocked if he doesn't spend some time on the DL sometime this year.  Hopefully he's ok though.....we need him.

Can anyone confirm what I heard? B/c I haven't heard anything more about it, so I'm really thinking that I probably just misheard this... (If so...eep...sorry....here's the chair, do yr business....)

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ May 30, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
This was a pathetic game. The fact that we won should be no excuse for Ozzie to not be totally b****ed out over this. I mean the hottest closer in the AL and he doesn't even come out of the pen!

I just got back from the game and I was pissed!!!! I walked out after Marte walked in the lead run and I missed the ending but that game was f***ing brutal. We souuld have won that game 10-2 with all the opportunities we had and we kept right on letting them off the hook. About the only guy who got it done consistently all game was AROW.

There's no f***ing reason why Hermanson should have been watching that 9th inning. If you want to leave MB in there to finish I can see that as he only had like 92 pitches to start the 9th but after that 1st batter got on it should have been Hermey time. Of course that error by Gooch didn't help but bringing Marte in there who is notoriously bad with runners on base was a HUGE mistake.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 30, 2005 -> 06:17 PM)
The stuff about Hermanson, I totally misheard that.  Like I said, I wasn't listening very close, I heard Ozzie talking about "Hermy" telling him something was tight, and I just thought Hermanson.  I totally forgot about Herm Schneider.  Sorry, all.

Me

:stupid

Wait, so you're telling me there was nothing wrong with Hermanson?

Well, why let facts get in the way ey' WHarris?

Wow. In a weird way, I was almost hoping something was wrong with Hermanson, to at least give Ozzie somewhat of a chance to defend his decisions.

I was at the game and can say honestly I didn't even cheer when we won the game. I was steaming the whole ninth inning. f*** you Ozzie, youre lucky your boy Timo did something for the first f***ing time this year.

That was the most frusterating game I've ever been to, I can't believe we won. Nice job Scotty! Nice job Aaron! Nice job Frank! Nice job Beuhrle! Nice job Cliff!

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 30, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
Wait, so you're telling me there was nothing wrong with Hermanson?

Well, why let facts get in the way ey' WHarris?

Wow.  In a weird way, I was almost hoping something was wrong with Hermanson, to at least give Ozzie somewhat of a chance to defend his decisions.

Was there something wrong with Hermanson or not?! I'm getting both sides of it and he seemed fine to me when I was watching him warm up.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 30, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
Also, what the...

If Iguchi turns a routine DP, no one has a problem...

Yeah no doubt but I'm not going to get mad at him for one game he's been a rock all year even if we lose this game I'm not b****ing at him. I still can't believe he was pinch hit for in the 9th, worst decision ozzie's made in his career and he's made some bad ones before, absolutely terrible decision there. That being said Timo saves the day, awesome.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 30, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)
Yeah no doubt but I'm not going to get mad at him for one game he's been a rock all year even if we lose this game I'm not b****ing at him.  I still can't believe he was pinch hit for in the 9th, worst decision ozzie's made in his career and he's made some bad ones before, absolutely terrible decision there.  That being said Timo saves the day, awesome.

Things actually balanced out this time. I'll gladly take the W.