Attendance 05-30-2005

southsidefan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 30, 2005 -> 06:51 PM)

I'd say a lot more. I walked up today and had to get standing room only tickets . We were on fundlementals watching the game. Plus the fan deck was prett packed. The concourse was packed too. I'd say a little over 40,000 .

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 30, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
Wow, a positive attendance thread.  Quick, somebody, take a picture.

I was there and the place was packed to the gills. But if you want a bad attendance thread, wait until Wednesday.

No special promotion, early start time. My guess: 21,000.

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 31, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)
I'm telling you. I was there. I could not get a seat. Standing room only for a lot of us.

Dont you need a ticket to get in? how could there be standing room for a lot of you go to the seat that your ticket is for.

I'm glad I got my tickets a few weeks ago. We got two bleacher seats 14th row.

On the 20th I got 5 tickets 8th row which is awesome.

Something else I noticed, I like how they don't sell beer in the bleachers on half price nights anymore. There were a lot more families than drunks. There were two drunks in front of me, and one of them yelled "f*** You!" to Pauly when he GIDP and the Priest next to us yelled at him. :lol:

Edited by whitesoxin'

On the way to the park from the parking spot WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down by Pershing ( I got the last one in that lot, they were steering people to 33rd and State after I got in ), I heard someone grumble to us, "....I hope you got your tickets already, they're not even selling standing room anymore...."

And OF COURSE I got a Cubbie f***tard sitting DIRECTLY behind me!!!

:angry:

And the guy wouldn't even get vulgar so I could get the security involved - he was just saying stoooooooooooopid s*** like "You shouldn't be able to see the field until you come up the stairs, like at Wrigley. You get a magical feeling seeing that field come into view".....excuse me, that line is making me :puke

And then there was this gem:

"I don't even like this place, and I hate the Sox."

"Then why are you here???" says his friend.

"I'm just cheering on my Angels! They're my American League team.....so who's that pitching? Who's number 58?"

.....f***ing imbecile....also whining the ENTIRE TIME about the lack of beer vendors in the bleacher area.....fun.....

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 30, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
On the way to the park from the parking spot WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down by Pershing ( I got the last one in that lot, they were steering people to 33rd and State after I got in ), I heard someone grumble to us, "....I hope you got your tickets already, they're not even selling standing room anymore...."

And OF COURSE I got a Cubbie f***tard sitting DIRECTLY behind me!!!

:angry:

And the guy wouldn't even get vulgar so I could get the security involved - he was just saying stoooooooooooopid s*** like "You shouldn't be able to see the field until you come up the stairs, like at Wrigley. You get a magical feeling seeing that field come into view".....excuse me, that line is making me  :puke

And then there was this gem:

"I don't even like this place, and I hate the Sox."

"Then why are you here???" says his friend.

"I'm just cheering on my Angels! They're my American League team.....so who's that pitching? Who's number 58?"

.....f***ing imbecile....also whining the ENTIRE TIME about the lack of beer vendors in the bleacher area.....fun.....

Wow.....stereotype down to the T. So funny I'd be extremely disappointed if it wasn't true. :lolhitting :lolhitting

I went to the game today, 1st row section 159, great seats until the 6th or so inning when the sun was in your eyes. But it was a great time Buehrle was, well, Buehrle, and the Sox f***ed up then found a way to win again. THere was waaaay more then 38,000+ there i think close to 40,000. the place was rocking the hole time. loudest ovation was when Buehrle was introduced during the Thunder-struck intro, Thomas, as expected, got a great ovation as well....great game, 34-17 awesome day...well except i am so f***en burnt right now from sitting in the sun for like 5 hours, but it was a WHITE SOX WINNER so it was all good!

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ May 30, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
I went to the game today, 1st row section 159, great seats until the 6th or so inning when the sun was in your eyes.  But it was a great time Buehrle was, well, Buehrle, and the Sox f***ed up then found a way to win again.  THere was waaaay more then 38,000+ there i think close to 40,000.  the place was rocking the hole time.  loudest ovation was when Buehrle was introduced during the Thunder-struck intro, Thomas, as expected, got a great ovation as well....great game, 34-17 awesome day...well except i am so f***en burnt right now from sitting in the sun for like 5 hours, but it was a WHITE SOX WINNER so  it was all good!

If you say Marks ovation was greater than Thomas you're nuts. I'm sure people who were at the game would agree. The greatest ovation was Thomas' 1st ab. People were still clapping and cheering after the 1st couple pitches.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 30, 2005 -> 09:37 PM)
I was there and the place was packed to the gills. But if you want a bad attendance thread, wait until Wednesday.

No special promotion, early start time. My guess: 21,000.

Game starts at 7:05 Wednesday.. :huh

QUOTE(JimH @ May 31, 2005 -> 08:53 AM)
They changed it, it's a 6:05 start, I believe it's under Press Releases on the Sox website.  They also announced it during the game yesterday.

They did...?? Any reason??