This guy is scum.

EvilMonkey

On this day, of all days, you would think this asshole could just take a moment and thank veterans of all wars for making this country a safer place that allows him the freedoms to make an ass of himself. But no, he has to take yet another swipe at our President, and use a grieving mother to do it with. Michael Moore, you are a big fat idiot. I hope you choke on a cheese fry.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=2825

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ May 30, 2005 -> 06:54 PM)
On this day, of all days, you would think this asshole could just take a moment and thank veterans of all wars for making this country a safer place that allows him the freedoms to make an ass of himself.  But no, he has to take yet another swipe at our President, and use a grieving mother to do it with.  Michael Moore, you are a big fat idiot.  I hope you choke on a cheese fry.

Why do you waste your time reading what Michael Moore has to say. Everyone here from right all the way through the far left agrees that he is a dumbass blowhard. Giving him hits on his website and commenting on his latest drivel only encourages him.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 31, 2005 -> 01:10 AM)
Why do you waste your time reading what Michael Moore has to say.  Everyone here from right all the way through the far left agrees that he is a dumbass blowhard.  Giving him hits on his website and commenting on his latest drivel only encourages him.

Actually, I think all those liberal institutions of higher learning that paid $30,000+ to have him give political speeches under the guise of higher education encouraged him. But you are right, he is a dumbass blowhard.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 30, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
Why do you waste your time reading what Michael Moore has to say.  Everyone here from right all the way through the far left agrees that he is a dumbass blowhard.  Giving him hits on his website and commenting on his latest drivel only encourages him.

After doing a lot of reading about Fahrenheit 9/11 I've gotten pretty pissed off at Moore. While he doesn't lie to the extent of say Ann Coulter he has completely delegitimized any and all documentaries which are in any way left leaning or criticized the administration. If Moore really cared after F911 he would go and do a powerful documentary about Sudan or some s***hole in need of attention. I had some hope about his health care movie but then he announced a sequel to F911. He's more interested in money now. Right now his movies don't really do anything except piss of everybody, and he certainly has the talent to make a movie that will motivate and educate.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ May 30, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
On this day, of all days, you would think this asshole could just take a moment and thank veterans of all wars for making this country a safer place that allows him the freedoms to make an ass of himself.  But no, he has to take yet another swipe at our President, and use a grieving mother to do it with.  Michael Moore, you are a big fat idiot.  I hope you choke on a cheese fry.

I'm not exactly sure how Michael Moore 'used a greiving mother to take a swipe at our President' by posting an unedited/unaltered birthday remembrance from a mother who has like many become disillusioned by what she has seen.

As far as not taking a moment to thank veterans... let's see, his site has a permanent (as in today... tomorrow, every day...) front page link entitled "How Can I Help The Soldiers" that includes URLs for anysoldier.com, HomesForOurTroops.org, and theWounded Warrior Project.

Yeah, what an asshole.

Links

Homes For Our Troops

Their mission is to build specially adapted homes for our severely disabled soldiers and their families. Since they started this organization, they have had an outpouring of support from all across America including monetary donations, donations of building materials and equipment, and fundraisers being hosted in their benefit.

The Wounded Warrior Project

The "Wounded Warrior" project seeks to assist those men and women of our armed forces who have been severely injured during the conflicts in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere around the world. Many of the injuries are traumatic amputations, gunshot wounds, burns and blast injuries that will retire these brave warriors from military service. These wounded soldiers will return to civilian life minus one or more limbs, or with serious wounds or disfiguring scars, and will face greater challenges today obtaining assistance and finding opportunities that would enable them to provide for themselves and their families.

I lump Moore with all the other celebrity political movements. Whether from the left or right, I don't value their opinions anymore or anyless than I do the posters here.