Who should be our centerfielder?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be our centerfielder?

• Aaron "No Stick" Rowand
    • Armando Rios
    • Willie Harris
    • Joe Borchard
    • Platoon the position

It should be a real treat starting next week when we begin our West Coast (see: GOOD TEAMS) swing.

Well, atleast we'll be there live on Tuesday to watch them attempt and beat the A's. :headbang

If we play like we have been, we will have another BRUTAL west coast trip. This isn't the AL Central anymore. We will be playing REAL teams.

Well I picked Rios but thats if we don't make any moves. I want Rowand down in AAA with Harris coming up for the time being. Lets see what Willie can do. I know one thing, Willie will drop some bunts, hustle his ass of (Rowand does too) and will provide a crapload of speed. Lets give the kid a shot, he can't possibly do worse then Rowand.

Then give Borchard a bit more time, mainly to get healthy and readjust some more and then bring him up if Harris isn't doing it. I want Harris to get the at bats to prove whether he can do it or not.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well if you want joe up here then why move aaron.....they are doing about the same thing with major league pitching arent they???? i say go with rios till one of them gets their collective s*** together and can hit a ball..........now for me to say this (all of you knowing how much i love borchard and like rowand) rios has got to be the soulition for now.......... :D

Maybe we need to send Aaron down till he finds his stroke. This may be after effects of the injury, like Frank's was last season. If that's the case, we can't afford to let Rowand scuffle along up here until he begins to hit. Bringing up Harris could cause a problem, as Jiminez is doing great in the lead off spot, though Harris could be a real threat there. I think we should send Rowand down, bring up Harris and bat him 8th, in front of Olivo and 9th when Alomar is catching. Having Harris on base will get Olivo some good pitches to hit, and he has enough speed so as not to clog the bases for DJ and JV.

I like Rowand, and believe he can be a good ballplayer, but I'm afraid this injury he suffered is still affecting him.

Guest wsc425
I'm moderately concerned about our team. Anybody else?

I've been concerned since Botch blew that 5-4 lead in the 9th to the Royals. It should be a real treat starting next week when we begin our West Coast (see: GOOD TEAMS) swing.

I'm concerned that Thomas is still popping it up alot.