White Sox and al-Qaida

HuskyCaucasian

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=804649

Al-Zarqawi also claimed that his insurgent followers had won this month's bloody battle against U.S. troops at the town of Qaim near the Syrian border.

"It was one of the greatest battles of Islam," the speaker said. "We would like to assure you that we are continuing on the path of jihad, we are committed to our pledge. We will either win or die trying."

LMAO!!!! :lolhitting

They stole our marketing idea!!!

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
not as much as I hate A-rows commercial with that stupid devil.

I hated the Arow commercial when it first came out too, however it has grown on me. The Devil is so f***ing annoying, stupid and hokey that it has now become funny. ROWAND YOU'RE MINE!

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 31, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
I hated the Arow commercial when it first came out too, however it has grown on me. The Devil is so f***ing annoying, stupid and hokey that it has now become funny. ROWAND YOU'RE MINE!

I hate the devil, but i like the end where they leave him on the ground after he catches it.

The buses downtown are hilarious......a lot of them have sox advertisements on the with the win or die trying slogan or like Grinderball rule number.....the funniest one I saw so far was this morning.....it was a picture of HOT CARL at the plate and the line was "Grinderball rule #123, Getting something done" I had a good laugh at that one

I like the radio commercial about Podsednik being cute and guys shouldn't get outfield seats for the game with their girlfriends because of it. The announcer suggests seats behind home plate - but then you get to see A.J. bending over all game! If you asked me - those are the best seats in the house! :P

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
The buses downtown are hilarious......a lot of them have sox advertisements on the with the win or die trying slogan or like Grinderball rule number.....the funniest one I saw so far was this morning.....it was a picture of HOT CARL at the plate and the line was "Grinderball rule #123, Getting something done"  I had a good laugh at that one

Grinder ball? Its more like 'Run it into the Ground' ball!

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 31, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)
I don't like "Sox pride."

I love that too. I've loved everything the marketing team has done up until the new Aaron commercial, I love the slogan and I absolutely loved the commercials up until this new one.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 31, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)
This article brings only 1 thing to my mind.

"If the White Sox don't win the world series...THEN THE TERRORISTS WIN!"

*Does best Bush impersonation*

"For the sake of defeating the evil doers, them.... them..... White... Sox... I got my self a pair of them on right now.....their comfy, need to win the World Series. It's for the good of America."

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ May 31, 2005 -> 02:42 PM)
It's still better than the "LINE SHOT" action-film campaign of 1997.

But then again, the White Sox were fighting Terrorists in that series of ads.

I guess it all comes full circle! :D

LOL.. Robin, Frank, and Albert trying to act was hysterical. I have a box of crap from that shoot somewhere in my basement.. I wonder if it's eBayable.. :rolly

QUOTE(skidoochic @ May 31, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
I like the radio commercial about Podsednik being cute and guys shouldn't get outfield seats for the game with their girlfriends because of it.  The announcer suggests seats behind home plate - but then you get to see A.J. bending over all game!  If you asked me - those are the best seats in the house!  :P

I actually don't like that one because, even though I get the idea of that commercial, it still comes off ( to me at least ) as telling people NOT to go to the game, but to listen to it in the car instead.

I just don't think it's a good message to send, even unintentionally.