Don't know what Oz thinks....

Wanne

At some point this dude is gonna have to be held a little accountable at least. All the horses*** about working on Crede's swing...pfffffffffffft...great results. I know you can't blame the guy for everything...but what's his job again?!? One other thing I did notice yesterday....I didn't see PK resting the bat on his shoulder...but judging the results...who really gives a s***.

Ahhh....the traditional White Sox scapegoating method; fire the hitting coach.

The memories.....Ron Jackson....Von Joshua....Walt Hriniak....

Don't worry, Walker's time will come. It is his destiny....

C'mon aboz, this one has Chicago White Sox written all over it.

We really should have a forum pool. $1 for each date you think Walker will be made the sacrificial lamb for Joe Crede, Jermaine Dye and Carl Everett all being in the same lineup.

QUOTE(ISF @ May 31, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
C'mon aboz, this one has Chicago White Sox written all over it.

We really should have a forum pool. $1 for each date you think Walker will be made the sacrificial lamb for Joe Crede, Jermaine Dye and Carl Everett all being in the same lineup.

I thought he was s***ty last year, he got his arm hurt, Baines was interim coach, our bats got real hot, Walker came back, ice cold.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 31, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
Wow, another crappy thread pops up.

Why am I not surprised?

Gee...I'll try to look to you in the future as my Posting Guru!

I'm not blaming Walker for everybody's slumps...just basically for the lack of seeing any evident difference with Crede.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 31, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
I thought he was s***ty last year, he got his arm hurt, Baines was interim coach, our bats got real hot, Walker came back, ice cold.

Walker works with Carlos Lee last year at the end of his 28 game hitting streak. Changes him from a guy with a compact swing hitting doubles driving in runs like crazy to a extend the arms homer hitter.

Every quote from a sox player is "Greg Walker has worked with me on my swing, we tweaked it" And then you see said hitter pull the ball like crazy and hit some homers, then the pitchers start to pitch them outside and their average drops.

Crede, His pet project. Failure

He was the minor league hitting instructor. Everyone from that era comes up with freakishly long looping swings.

Anyone who wants to shut the sox down just has to spot the fastball on the outside corner and its over. Corpseball pull only goes into effect.

The inablity to hit situationally. Have you ever seen so many times over the last few years of men on in scoring position with less than two outs and we are swinging for the fences. Come on. Shorten the swing up a bit.

We cant bunt at all outside of a few players. Pitchers can learn to bunt in an afternoon. Our positional players cant at all.

But hey this is a formula for sucess, 6 out of 9 guys are hitting terrible. But we have the best record in baseball. Walk will turn them around. They will hit 255. And remember Home Runs are cool.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 31, 2005 -> 06:17 PM)
Can't you see aboz, if the Sox lose, it wasn't because the other team was the better team that day, it's because someone on the White Sox is f***ing up. Hell even when we win.

That's why these threads are worthless.

I've already deleted about two just like this today.

It's crazy how much people b**** about a team with the best record in baseball.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 31, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
Can't you see aboz, if the Sox lose, it wasn't because the other team was the better team that day, it's because someone on the White Sox is f***ing up. Hell even when we win.

I am sure that plenty of pitchers get out of multiple bases loaded no out jams witth only 3 runs.

If that was any other team a 5 spot goes up on the board. They were begging for a hurting.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 31, 2005 -> 05:17 PM)

All the regulars, save Scott Podsednik, have batting averages below their career norms. But I guess we're just being irrational.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 31, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)
Point was that there was already 15 other threads b****ing about what and who is going wrong. That's the point me and aboz are trying to make.

I looked at the front page and no where did I see another Greg Walker thread. Maybe you can point me to it.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 31, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)
Point was that there was already 15 other threads b****ing about what and who is going wrong. That's the point me and aboz are trying to make.

I thought that the purpose of boards like this was to discuss with sox fans about the sox. If a topic doesnt hold merit people will ignore it and move on. I never understood where people read something they dont like and then get mad at people for bringing up the point. Whitesox fans are pessimistic by nature. And I am sorry if I am not just overjoyed by this anemic offense we have. Our pitching is great.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ May 31, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
If we get a new hitting coach, there better be a moratorium on b****ing about our hitting coach for the rest of the season.  When Crede still sucks, I don't want to hear anymore whining about why our hitting coach can't fix Crede.

Crede will always be terrible.

However the entire team outside of one or two guys cannot be slumping at the same time. The law of averages say this cannot happen.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 31, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
The reoccuring theme is that a bunch of newbies are posting the same crap over and over.

That cannot be disputed.

Ya know...I didn't see any either...sorry for wasting your reading time and not spending my life on here other than an occassional viewing to see what was going on and reading what knowledgable sox fans have to say instead...the "newbies" get chastised. Whatever dude...that's one of the reason's I left Interactive.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 31, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
I thought that the purpose of boards like this was to discuss with sox fans about the sox. If a topic doesnt hold merit people will ignore it and move on.  I never understood where people read something they dont like  and then get mad at people for bringing up the point.  Whitesox fans are pessimistic by nature.  And I am sorry if I am not just overjoyed by this anemic offense we have. Our pitching is great.

That's all good and all, but it has gone on in other threads. The same crap is being recycled everyday about 10 times a day. Again, Aboz, I suggest stickying a "I want to b**** about the White Sox thread". Anyone who doesn't b**** in there and takes it elsewhere gets a temporary ban.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 31, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
Crede will always be terrible.

However the entire team outside of one or two guys cannot be slumping at the same time.  The law of averages say this cannot happen.

I mean as much as I think Crede sucks right now, he was a two time minor league MVP and there is a chance that he could get hot at some point this season.

This is not Crede defending, this is just logic.

QUOTE(Wanne @ May 31, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
Ya know...I didn't see any either...sorry for wasting your reading time and not spending my life on here other than an occassional viewing to see what was going on and reading what knowledgable sox fans have to say instead...the "newbies" get chastised.  Whatever dude...that's one of the reason's I left Interactive.

Don't worry about it, and don't stop posting.

People are angry right about now. :angry: :angry: :angry: