Soxtalk Mock Draft- 1st Round

danman31

With Bogusevic, Carrillo, and high schooler Mark Pawelek still on the board the Padres have a lot of options at pitcher. Jacoby Ellsbury also interests them. The Pads have gone with college players more in the 1st round with the exception of Bush last year so I'm thinking they go with Brian Bugosevic out of Tulane.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)
He may have better results this year, but I think Townsend has more upside than Carillo.

I don't like the fact that he's sat out a whole year. And everything i've read points to Carillo having more upside and a better chance of advancing quickly through the minors. Besides that, i've also heard that many think Townsend will be best suited in a relief role. I don't think we should waste a first round pick on a guy like that.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 09:44 AM)
Let's say Zimmerman somehow falls to the Sox in the real draft.  Do we take him?  I think we'd have to seriously consider it.  He'd probably rate as the best player still on the board.

Hell yes, no doubt about it either.

With the 25th pick of the draft the Twins select IF Cliff Pennington out of Texas A&M. We considered going with Mark McCormick however he would be hard to sign because of him being a boras client. We like Pennington's overall game and we think he fits our style of play. If Bartlett doesn't work out, we have a replacement and we can always convert him to 3B.

QUOTE(thomsonmi @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 12:05 PM)
Danman, you know I was just giving you s*** with the whole bastard thing.

Don't worry about it. I'm pissed off Pennington is gone. I went with Ramos for the Braves. He is a lefty and looks like a good one.