Would you make this trade

Cubs Suck23

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ May 31, 2005 -> 05:01 PM)
A Padres fan would like to see his team make this trade...

Buehrle,Mccarthy,Anderson and Uribe for Jake Peavy,Khail Greene,Trevor Hoffman

I don't see Khalil that much of an upgrade over Uribe. Peavy is better than Buehrle, McCarthy has more trade value than Hoffman IMO because he is a young pitcher who could be a stud and Hoffman is older already. Anderson would be in there to match Buehrle and Peavy I presume.

So the base of this trade would be Andersen and Sweeney for Peavy. Thank you, but no bait simply because Peavy is not that much of an upgrade in terms of helping us win more than Buehrle will and we're throwing in an asset.

Hey Jabroni, why you dont just ignore it?

Let's guys who want to discuss trade, discuss it.

Well, this trade would NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER happen so what's the point? I would also trade Joe Crede for Scott Rolen but I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 31, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
Well, this trade would NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER happen so what's the point?  I would also trade Joe Crede for Scott Rolen but I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon.

Yes, I know it, but let others dream...

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ May 31, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)
A Padres fan would like to see his team make this trade...

Buehrle,Mccarthy,Anderson and Uribe for Jake Peavy,Khail Greene,Trevor Hoffman

The thought of Peavy in a Sox uniform pretty much gives me a boner but in the end, I probably don;t do this trade for a few reasons:

1) Hoffman, while still good, has a large contract and up there in age

2) Greene has fallen off the face of the earth

3) Buehrle has been pitching EXTREMELY well lately but getting bad luck

4) McCarthy and Anderson are our future

This is completely stupid and I wouldnt be in favor of it, but for those of you who think Greene isn't good or isnt an upgrade over Uribe, Greene is hitting .282 with 3 Hrs and 18 RBI, OBP of .345, Uribe is hitting .243 with 4 HRs and 23 RBI and his OBP is a whopping .276. I also think Greene may be a better fielder than Uribe, and he is obviously a more disciplined hitter.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 31, 2005 -> 06:20 PM)
The thought of Peavy in a Sox uniform pretty much gives me a boner but in the end, I probably don;t do this trade for a few reasons:

1) Hoffman, while still good, has a large contract and up there in age

2) Greene has fallen off the face of the earth

3) Buehrle has been pitching EXTREMELY well lately but getting bad luck

4) McCarthy and Anderson are our future

1) Hoffman is in the last year of his deal and is making $5 mill.

2) .248 4 23 .665 VS .282 3 18 .830. Guess who is who

3) If by bad luck you are referring to him not getting wins in his past 2 starts when he could have gotten wins, you are correct. That is not unlucky, because wins mean very little, if anything at all. We have won those past 2 games that he has pitched in, and that's all that matters to me, quite frankly. Matter of fact, the Sox are 9-2 in Buehrle starts this year. I will take that any day of the week. That is really not unlucky whatsoever.

4) While McCarthy is looked at right now as the future ace of the rotation, I would honestly not be surprised to see Anderson in a different uniform by the end of the year. I realize odds of this are small, but with both Rowand and Podsednik looking very solid for the Sox, and both being relatively young(Rowand is 27, 28 in August; Podsednik turned 29 in March), with Sweeney, Young, and Owens coming up, it would not be out of reason to think that KW could look to get a stud hitter at the deadline (an Abreu-type hitter). Given, he could also not look to giving up 2-3 very solid prospects, including Anderson, to try and get a stud, while keeping Anderson and having a solid OFer come up within the system.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 31, 2005 -> 05:54 PM)
1) Hoffman is in the last year of his deal and is making $5 mill.

2) .248 4 23 .665 VS .282 3 18 .830.  Guess who is who

3) If by bad luck you are referring to him not getting wins in his past 2 starts when he could have gotten wins, you are correct.  That is not unlucky, because wins mean very little, if anything at all.  We have won those past 2 games that he has pitched in, and that's all that matters to me, quite frankly.  Matter of fact, the Sox are 9-2 in Buehrle starts this year.  I will take that any day of the week.  That is really not unlucky whatsoever.

4) While McCarthy is looked at right now as the future ace of the rotation, I would honestly not be surprised to see Anderson in a different uniform by the end of the year.  I realize odds of this are small, but with both Rowand and Podsednik looking very solid for the Sox, and both being relatively young(Rowand is 27, 28 in August; Podsednik turned 29 in March), with Sweeney, Young, and Owens coming up, it would not be out of reason to think that KW could look to get a stud hitter at the deadline (an Abreu-type hitter). Given, he could also not look to giving up 2-3 very solid prospects, including Anderson, to try and get a stud, while keeping Anderson and having a solid OFer come up within the system.

I think the question in everyones mind right now is if there was to be a trade for a big hitter and the other team wanted either Sweeney or Anderson which one would be best to part with?

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ May 31, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)
I think the question in everyones mind right now is if there was to be a trade for a big hitter and the other team wanted either Sweeney or Anderson which one would be best to part with?

Very hard question to answer.

Anderson is essentially guaranteed production, while Sweeney is more of a project with a higher ceiling.

As of right now, I'd probably propose Chris Young and Felix Diaz rather than either of them. ;)

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 31, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
Whoelse was great in their rookie years last year......hmmm, Shingo?

WTF is your point?

Shingo is a junkball reliever who can be adjusted to.

Khalil Greene is a hitter who does not have a specialty that can make adjustments.

Frank Thomas was also a rookie at some point, and so were Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Timo Perez, Juan Castro, Jack Wilson, Denny Hocking and however many other players there are in the league. If they are not a rookie, they have been at some point in time.

Your point holds no ground.

Two words: HELL NO!

That is quite possibly the worst trade the White Sox could realistically make. Take Buehrle and Hoffman out and replace Anderson with a lesser prospect, and I'd do it in a heartbeat, because Jake Peavy already is what we're all hoping Brandon McCarthy is going to be.