Would anybody be interested in Mondesi

Wanne

Who'll probably be let go this week. I know he has a history of bein a pain in the ass...but Bobby Cox swears he's been great in the clubhouse and Mondesi claims he's been slowed by a quad injury that happened last year. He's only hittin around .210 right now (not much different from Dye). Would you consider him as a bat off the bench maybe. The Latin influence on this team may just give the guy a spark. The dude belongs in the AL at this point.

QUOTE(Wanne @ May 31, 2005 -> 07:11 PM)
Who'll probably be let go this week.  I know he has a history of bein a pain in the ass...but Bobby Cox swears he's been great in the clubhouse and Mondesi claims he's been slowed by a quad injury that happened last year.  He's only hittin around .210 right now (not much different from Dye).  Would you consider him as a bat off the bench maybe.  The Latin influence on this team may just give the guy a spark.  The dude belongs in the AL at this point.

We have enough pieces of crap that can't get over the Mendoza line on this team.

Guest JimH
Who'll probably be let go this week.  I know he has a history of bein a pain in the ass...but Bobby Cox swears he's been great in the clubhouse and Mondesi claims he's been slowed by a quad injury that happened last year.  He's only hittin around .210 right now (not much different from Dye).  Would you consider him as a bat off the bench maybe.  The Latin influence on this team may just give the guy a spark.  The dude belongs in the AL at this point.

Good points but as whitesoxin' says there really isn't a spot for him. As I understand it he's gone home to the Dominican Republic for a few days to talk things over with his family. The Braves seem to think he's finished.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 31, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
We already have Raul Mondesi... he is named Jermaine Dye.  No thanks.

I'm sure Mondesi would have made that diving catch tonight...NOPE

No Thanks...I'll take a pass on Raul Mondesi :banghead

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 31, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
I'd rather have Timo Perez than Raul Mondesi........seriously.......

OK guys, I know you're going to be shocked, but ...... I actually agree with this.

Mondesi is clubhouse AIDS. He's worse than clubhouse cancer. Completely incurable.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 12:24 AM)
OK guys, I know you're going to be shocked, but ...... I actually agree with this.

Mondesi is clubhouse AIDS. He's worse than clubhouse cancer. Completely incurable.

Clubhouse Ebola?

Mondesi's not only a clubhouse cancer, but he's also one of those guys who mysteriously dropped a decent amount of weight in the offseason.

We've got enough guys who are hitting .220. The last thing we need is a guy who might have another reason why, aside from just poor play.

QUOTE(Wanne @ May 31, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)

No, ever since he pulled the stuff he did in Anaheim I'd stay totally away from him. Getting an ass whose a superstar is one thing, but one whose career is twindling is another.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 31, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
I'm sure Mondesi would have made that diving catch tonight...NOPE

No Thanks...I'll take a pass on Raul Mondesi :banghead

That was an awesome play. Probably the best outfield catch I've seen all season by the Sox.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 01:12 AM)
That was an awesome play.  Probably the best outfield catch I've seen all season by the Sox.

Seriously? I think Rowands forward diving catch in short centerfield was the best dive for the Sox this year. Honestly I though Dye misjudged the ball at first , and had to dive to make the play.