Would anybody be interested in Mondesi

Wanne

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 07:06 AM)
Seriously?  I think Rowands forward diving catch in short centerfield was the best dive for the Sox this year.  Honestly I though Dye misjudged the ball at first , and had to dive to make the play.

Thats what DJ said last night as well....either way though it was still a nice play

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 07:06 AM)
Seriously?  I think Rowands forward diving catch in short centerfield was the best dive for the Sox this year.  Honestly I though Dye misjudged the ball at first , and had to dive to make the play.

He was full out on that play from what I saw, and yes I had a good view...It was a sensational play as I had all ready yelped "thats gonna fall in" whine, whine, whine...and then he caught it...

1. Dye (even batting .230) >>>> Raul Mondesi

2. Dye has come up big a few times in the last couple weeks, his numbers (namely his BA) are going to keep improving.

3. when Frank returns regularly :pray , we'll already have one too many DHs

4. The one huge thing this team has going for is its chemistry/unity/whatever cliche term you want. I'm not saying therefore KW should make no moves, but certainly Mondesi is not worth doing so.

So basically, no.

Mondesi is a cancer, and an unproductive one at that. We have nowhere to play him, and I'd be more inclined to call up Anderson for any opening in the OF than bring someone of Mondesi's mediocrity in.

This is another of those threads...the principle behind which really troubles me.

We have several guys who are in the midst of some major struggles and are trying to turn it around. Dye (although he's hitting like .270 this month), Konerko, Crede, Uribe.

Over and over again I keep seeing these threads pop up where people are saying maybe we could improve the team by picking up this or that player (Mondesi, Lowell) who is himself in the midst of a nasty slump.

The thing I can't figure out is...why exactly should we replace our slumping guys with guys from other teams who are slumping either nearly as bad or sometimes even worse? Why exactly should we give up young talent for a guy who might come out of a slump in order to replace a guy who might come out of a slump?