Homework Help Needed...

SoxFan1

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:16 PM)
Psycho was a groundbreaking Hitchcock film because it was a revolutionary film.  It was controversial because it was one of the most sexually explicit movies for the time period.  It was also one of the most graphic films for the time period and was a very important contribution to the film community at large and the genre of horror movies.

http://www.research.umbc.edu/~landon/Film%...mary_Psycho.htm  It has a lot of information about the importance of the movie.

Thanks! :headbang

A couple of little tidbits on Psycho. First of all in the shower scene, the most famous scene in the movie, was interesting for two reasons. #1 they killed off the female lead, a star, early in the movie, this was rare. #2 When Norman comes in to kill her you never actually see the knife stabbing her. You see him stabbing and then you see blood running down the drain as she is screaming.

There is also a classic shot of Martin Balsam (I think) coming into the house going up the stairs and then Norman dressed as dear old Mom comes out and stabs him. It is a great seamless shot without a cut , following him as he enters and goes upstairs, then after the stabbing Balsam flails his arms as he falls down the stairs, he actually was stationary, and they used a special effect to make seem as if he was falling.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 05:49 PM)
I would have failed out of high school if I didn't cheat. I think I speak for nearly 95% of the student body when I say that.

I didn't do a single hw assignment in high school by myself.

QUOTE(whitesoxmurph @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:02 PM)
A couple of little tidbits on Psycho.  First of all in the shower scene, the most famous scene in the movie, was interesting for two reasons.  #1 they killed off the female lead, a star, early in the movie, this was rare.  #2 When Norman comes in to kill her you never actually see the knife stabbing her. You see him stabbing and then you see blood running down the drain as she is screaming.

There is also a classic shot of Martin Balsam (I think) coming into the house going up the stairs and then Norman dressed as dear old Mom comes out and stabs him.  It is a great seamless shot without a cut , following him as he enters and goes upstairs, then after the stabbing Balsam flails his arms as he falls down the stairs, he actually was stationary, and they used a special effect to make seem as if he was falling.

Gracias.