Offense is showing some signs of life.

NUKE_CLEVELAND

We managed a bucket full of hits tonight and managed to put up a few runs for a change. The offense is slowly but surely coming out of it even though we have a few laggards.

We need to see a lot more of what we had going on back in the 1st inning where we strung some hits together.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 31, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
We managed a bucket full of hits tonight and managed to put up a few runs for a change.  The offense is slowly but surely coming out of it even though we have a few laggards.

We need to see a lot more of what we had going on back in the 1st inning where we strung some hits together.

I agree. Pods and Gooch have been consistent all year. But now we've got Rowand starting to look like 04 Rowand. Konerko's average is still low, but his power numbers are very good. Crede and Uribe are looking a little better. I still wanna see more consistency from Everett and Dye. Not to mention Frank and hopefully Ross Gload returning. That will help a ton.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ May 31, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
I agree.  Pods and Gooch have been consistent all year.  But now we've got Rowand starting to look like 04 Rowand.  Konerko's average is still low,  but his power numbers are very good.  Crede and Uribe are looking a little better.  I still wanna see more consistency from Everett and Dye.  Not to mention Frank and hopefully Ross Gload returning.  That will help a ton.

I agree with all you said except for Crede. Yeah he had the dinger today but this last month his average has been falling like a stone. He needs to get his s*** together and start hitting.

Uribe has been terrible lately as well but he has gotten a few big hits during the last week.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 31, 2005 -> 09:05 PM)
I agree with all you said except for Crede.  Yeah he had the dinger today but this last month his average has been falling like a stone.  He needs to get his s*** together and start hitting.

Uribe has been terrible lately as well but he has gotten a few big hits during the last week.

My bad on Crede. I thought he was atleast around .240. He's at .227. :puke

I have no doubt the offense will be fine, the one guy that worries me is Crede. Juan will be fine, gooch, pods and aaron are fine right now. Pauly needs to get more consistant but atleast he's driving the ball. Aj's fine and he'll get better. The dh spot doesn't worry me cause that's franks spot and his swing looked fantastic on Monday and then between Carl and Jermaine in rf we should get some production, no doubt in my mind this O will be fine. That being said Crede still worries me a ton, though he was getting his hands through the zone much quicker today, hopefully that continues.

Yes that is a good observation... at the start of the season we would only score 2 or 3 runs a game, and yet still win them thanks to excellent pitching and clutch hitting, now we are scoring 4 or 5 runs or more it seems, with not as great of pitching but still pretty decent. Hopefully the pitching stays level while the hitting continues to rise, as it is likely with warmer weather.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 31, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
I just watched the replay of Crede's homer at WhiteSox.com.  That was probably his best swing in his career.  It was perfect.

Tonight he still had the hitch in his back and bringing his hands down, however he got his hands through the zone quick, hopefully he can keep the swing short and sweet.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 31, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
I just watched the replay of Crede's homer at WhiteSox.com.  That was probably his best swing in his career.  It was perfect.

I agree. Can we fasten him to a chair somewhere and force him to watch that swing over and over and over and over until that's the only swing he can envision which will hopefully force him to swing that way all the time?

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 31, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
I agree with all you said except for Crede.  Yeah he had the dinger today but this last month his average has been falling like a stone.  He needs to get his s*** together and start hitting.

One good sign was that the ball was hit to right center, and it was a short swing. Who knows if it will last, but that is exactly what Joe needs to do to be effective.

Overall I feel optimistic about this offense and them turning it up....especially with Thomas back. However, I feel the only solution for Crede is to go somewhere else. He had that great hitting streak this year, and since then has gone back to the old Crede. Unreal. I really hoped he was going to turn it around this year.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 31, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
Tonight he still had the hitch in his back and bringing his hands down, however he got his hands through the zone quick, hopefully he can keep the swing short and sweet.

it was the shortest home run swing I've ever seen him have.