LaChoke Hawkins

DBAHO

This keeps getting better and better; ;)

LaTroy Hawkins was reportedly the victim of racism in Chicago.

''He showed me a whole bunch of his letters that opened with the big 'N,' you know what I'm saying?'' Cubs manager Dusty Baker told Chicago reporters. ''You think that's not real, but it still happens in 2005. It's not very pleasant to read, especially when this is your own hometown.'' He's from Gary, IN, which is very close to Chicago.

I get the vibe LaTroy either never really wanted to be here, or got turend off very quickly. Remember when he boycotted the media before they'd even written anything about him? That's just being too damn defensive.

On the other hand, don't let the white collars and big salaries fool you, white people with money can be the biggest biggots.

QUOTE(soxman352000 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
No one deserves to be treated like that. If this is true Cub fans have reached a new low, which is pretty hard to do for them

In every fan base, there is a wide-spectrum of intelligence. There's a section of very intelligent fans in every base, a middle group, a bunch of idiots, and a group of total morons. Certainly, each fan base has different percentages that fit into each, and some have more idiots than others in general. There are many smart Cubs fans, so it's important to not paint the Cubs fanbase with too wide of a brush. I'm sure this behavior isn't the norm for Cubs fans and we shouldn't judge all of them based on this. I mean, if we think that, then it would be reasonable for Cubs fans to paint all of us on Soxtalk as the kind of guys that would "get drunk and attack a 3rd base coach" as has happened in our recent history.

LaTroy Hawkins was reportedly the victim of racism in Chicago.

''He showed me a whole bunch of his letters that opened with the big 'N,' you know what I'm saying?'' Cubs manager Dusty Baker told Chicago reporters. ''You think that's not real, but it still happens in 2005. It's not very pleasant to read, especially when this is your own hometown.'' He's from Gary, IN, which is very close to Chicago.

Where the hell is Gary, IN??? :huh

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:45 AM)
I hate to say it.  But how often do Prior,  Wood or any of the white players get booed there?  Not often.  Then look at how guys like Hawkins and Sosa were treated.  Just sayin.

don't forget how alfonseca was treated. I never heard borowski get booed when he sucked.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:45 AM)
I hate to say it.  But how often do Prior,  Wood or any of the white players get booed there?  Not often.  Then look at how guys like Hawkins and Sosa were treated.  Just sayin.

Please.

Sosa had all the right-field f***heads swingin' off his nutsack until he started to suck. Then ALL OF A SUDDEN he's a selfish, overpaid, hypersensitive, phony, defensively-challenged clubhouse cancer.....gimme a break. He was ALL of those things ALL ALONG, but when he stopped hitting 60 bombs a year they turned on him. I'm sure that a portion of the booing was from racists, but not the bulk of it.

And Hawkins turned the fans off right away with his attitude. They'd cheer when he did his job, but how many Hawkins jerseys did you ever see? Why is that? Because he is African-American, or because he was pouty, defensive, and standoffish from day one?