A Twins/ Braves trade?

beck72

*The Atlanta Braves need an outfielder, and Braves superscout Jim Fregosi was at the Metrodome for Tuesday night's Twins-Indians game. Twins general manager Terry Ryan declined comment on the possibility of a deal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could see the Twins trading Jacque Jones, now that he's cooled off. I wonder what the Twins would add from the Braves? Ideas? Thoughts?

Maybe the Twins would take back Danny Kolb possibly, Atlanta have soured on him pretty quick. Jackass Jones really isn't good enough to keep his head above water as an everyday starting outfielder.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 03:05 PM)
Maybe the Twins would take back Danny Kolb possibly, Atlanta have soured on him pretty quick. Jackass Jones really isn't good enough to keep his head above water as an everyday starting outfielder.

Kolb makes more than minimum wage and his control sucks. Not a good fit for the twins. Jones has plummeted to a .270 avg and a .370 obp, after tearing it up earlier in the yr. Now sounds like the time to trade him and put Ford in RF.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
Andy Marte is supposed to be ready to come up, they just dont have a place to put him.

So Chipper would move to LF [provided his legs are healthy] and Marte slide in at 3b? Brian Jordan shouldn't be starting in the OF for a decent team. Hence the need for Jones in RF. If ATL traded Langerhans, they should throw in some cash with Jones

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 06:30 AM)
I just looked at the sites for both teams, and I see they're talking about Furcal possibly being part of the deal.  I know he's having a down year, but the Twins getting him scares the hell out of me.

The way Bobby Cox loves pitching and defense, trading Furcal would be a big blow. Esp. as they don't have any solid options for SS. I think furcal will stay a brave

The Braves need bullpen help in the worst way. Their bullpen hasn't been this bad since the late 80s.

Who are the keepers in their current pen?

A. Bernero (Closer)

D. Kolb

C. Reitsma

J. Sosa

K. Gryboski

R. Colón

Absolutely atrocious, the Royals might have a better bullpen. They won't make the playoffs unless they acquire a couple of guys. The Twins have amazing bullpen depth with Nathan, Romero, Rincon, Crain, etc. If there is a trade in the works, I doubt that the Braves would be looking at Jacque Jones or any other hitter from the Twins, because offense is not or should not be an issue with Chipper Jones, Andruw Jones, Marcus Giles, Rafael Furcal, Adam Laroche, etc. It's all about the pen.

I just looked at the sites for both teams, and I see they're talking about Furcal possibly being part of the deal.  I know he's having a down year, but the Twins getting him scares the hell out of me.

There is no way the Twins will be asking for Rafael Furcal. He is going to be a free agent and the Twins won't be able to afford him. They would most likely be trading Jacque Jones to the Braves for Andy Marte and/or Wilson Betemit.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)
There is no way the Twins will be asking for Rafael Furcal.  He is going to be a free agent and the Twins won't be able to afford him.  They would most likely be trading Jacque Jones to the Braves for Andy Marte and/or Wilson Betemit.

If the Braves make a deal for Jacque Jones that involves Andy Marte fans should burn Atlanta down. The only way Marte should be traded is if you are getting a top flight player... not a guy like Jacque Jones.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 09:28 AM)
If the Braves make a deal for Jacque Jones that involves Andy Marte fans should burn Atlanta down.  The only way Marte should be traded is if you are getting a top flight player... not a guy like Jacque Jones.

I dont think the Braves were scouting the Twins. It is a rarity when two first place teams swap players, they were probably checking out the bullpen of the Indians, because they are perceived out of it right now.