Northside Sox

RockRaines

I was thinking about this lately, I live up in Lincoln Park and I was wondering if anyone else lives in the area and does before/after game drinking and eating at one of the local bars. I have a group of about 5 or 6 sox fans and we are always looking for more people to take over a bar. Anyone?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
I was thinking about this lately, I live up in Lincoln Park and I was wondering if anyone else lives in the area and does before/after game drinking and eating at one of the local bars.  I have a group of about 5 or 6 sox fans and we are always looking for more people to take over a bar.  Anyone?

There was a post about a month back regarding a northside bar that was a self-proclaimed Sox bar. :gosox1: Maybe someone else can refer you to it.

At least I think it was on this board. :huh

QUOTE(southsider17 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
Also, I heard that Lucky Strike on Lincoln (just south of Diversey) is a Sox hangout.

I've been there many a time, but never to watch a Sox game.

yeah, I drove by there and saw several white sox flags out front. There is some small bars on halsted and diversey that I figured coulld be over run with a decent number of people.

I was at a small bar on Broadway one night, both the bar tenders were Die Hard Sox fans.....the one lady I think her name was Lee was a freakin baseball nut....I had a friend with me who was a scrubs fan and he made a dumbass remark....she didnt hesitate and smacked him upside the head.....it was great...

There is a bar on Clark I believe called Trace which is a Sox bar. I know this because I went to high school with one of the owners, and he is a southsider/diehard Sox fan. From what I hear, the staff there wear the jersey of the Cubs' opponent when the Cubs are in town.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
Not wrigleyville, its Lincoln park, im south enough to be away from that crap heap.

Crap heap...that's a good one...I'll add it to my list of names for Wrigley...and Lincoln Park is still too close.

Stickney is the place to be :P

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 01:35 PM)
Crap heap...that's a good one...I'll add it to my list of names for Wrigley...and Lincoln Park is still too close.

Stickney is the place to be :P

hahaha, its actually a good neighborhood, alot of girls are easy on the eyes as well. Nice area to walk around though, and every day more and more sox hats show up, nice to see. We have a huge sox flag on our balcony, and nobody has said anything about it.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 02:43 PM)
hahaha, its actually a good neighborhood, alot of girls are easy on the eyes as well.  Nice area to walk around though, and every day more and more sox hats show up, nice to see.  We have a huge sox flag on our balcony, and nobody has said anything about it.

I think nice neighborhood is a little of an understatement...actually, I used to go down there after college...but now I wouldn't...too busy for me...that's why I need some sports bars in Bridgeport...then I'll move there.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 03:14 PM)
yeah, I get off at the EL stop on fullerton every day right there, gotta love those demon dogs

:gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox2:

3 bucks for a hot dog, fries and a small drink. Actually 3.10 now. I was literally sad when it went up 10 cents. Anyways, you can't beat that. I couldn't eat lunch if it wasn't for those prices...

Tastes great too. Great dogs.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 02:21 PM)
:gosox3:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox2:

3 bucks for a hot dog, fries and a small drink.  Actually 3.10 now.  I was literally sad when it went up 10 cents.  Anyways, you can't beat that.  I couldn't eat lunch if it wasn't for those prices...

Tastes great too.  Great dogs.

If you ever get a chance, up the street is a place i used to live right by called Hoagie Hut, the food there is just awesome, great spicy fries and the burgers are good too. Their best sandwich is the grilled chicken with cheese and bacon, marvelous.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
Im a DePaulian as well, Im moving into an apartment on Bissell in the not to distant future.

Goodbar Thursdays.... check that place out.

about 100 feet from my apt, im on burling and wrightwood.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
If you ever get a chance, up the street is a place i used to live right by called Hoagie Hut, the food there is just awesome, great spicy fries and the burgers are good too.  Their best sandwich is the grilled chicken with cheese and bacon, marvelous.

Salt N' Peppers is awesome as well.....

Also for great Mexican Food - dont go to Alendes' it's all about Taco Burrito House on Fullerton and Clybourn

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 03:14 PM)
Salt N' Peppers is awesome as well.....

Also for great Mexican Food - dont go to Alendes' it's all about Taco Burrito House on Fullerton and Clybourn

Love salt n pepper, went there all the time when i worked at Grand Central across the street. I think its all about taco burrito express on halsted, best ever.