*Official* Eric Chavez Speculation/Dream Thread

GreatScott82

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
I'm looking at the print edition of the Daily Herald right now.  Scott Gregor wrote a column this morning that this rumor exists.  There is no mention of how and where the rumor got started, nor are there any comments from Oakland or White Sox sources.

The Article says that Chavez has been pushing the White sox rumor himself see the bottom of the article.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
how dare this have its own thread!!!!  Where is the  thread police?    Someone please merge this or we all will die!!!!

We, the thread police, sentence you, Jabroni, to death by flaming!

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
McCarthy injurs himself or fails to improve, at worst, he's another bust prospect. Available money is spent on a stop-gap starter. Chavez injurs himself or fails to perform, which we've seen this year is a possibility, we're left with 30 million dollars.

This trade isn't just 'McCathy's 2007 potential' vs. 'Chavez' 2005-2009 numbers.' A lot of money is riding on Chavez.

I'd rather trade for Randa and forsake up less of our future.

I Run up the figures for 2007. Podsednik won't come cheap anymore, Dye will be gone, Thomas might be gone, AJ will either be gone or command a higher salary. I'm sure there are numerous other players due substantial raises as well. If the payroll continues to increase, as it has these last few seasons, we're in good shape.

Dye is gone but Anderon or Sweeney is in his place-saving money, signing Spods. Aj may be gone, but 2 years from now im sure something will be in his place, if not, maybe we tie him up in a contact this year through that year. Contreas;s high salary will be gone, and we have several prospect that may be able to take his spot. If not there will be more payroll flexibility with his salary to get a starter to fill in. All you are really losing in our young rotation is El Duque for sure, which KW could fill in with our next great phenom or a free agent with that money. 1B will not be kong cause his money would be tied up in Chavez, so you would have Rogo or Gload playing that position. Would you rather have the money tied up in a young all-star 3B or Kong at 1B with more holes that you can imagine with crede gone, and Dye gone etc. Its easier to pick up a pitcher and a 1B than a pitcher and an all star 3B IMO.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
I'm looking at the print edition of the Daily Herald right now.  Scott Gregor wrote a column this morning that this rumor exists.  There is no mention of how and where the rumor got started, nor are there any comments from Oakland or White Sox sources.

I doubt they would say anything in the preliminary stages of a negotiation, if there were anything to it. Kenny doesn't like ANY info to get out, so you know no one from the Sox is saying anything. And judging by the shock of some of his deals this winter, Billy Beane seems to operate in the same manner.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
Sorry.  I just assumed that someone would have created a new thread for this rumor.

I don't care. You asked for the link and I posted it. No big deal to me.

The Article says that Chavez has been pushing the White sox rumor himself see the bottom of the article.

Yep...

With Oakland already buried in the AL West basement, Chavez is there for the taking. And he wants out of Oakland so bad that he’s the one who apparently is fueling the trade rumor to the Sox.

Of course, there is one big catch. Chavez is only in the second season of a six-year, $66 million contract. But if the White Sox continue winning, the fans are going to be packing the Cell this summer.

And if Chavez is in the starting lineup, they’re going to watching a team that should be favored to win the World Series.

Maybe he wants to come to the Sox and befriend the guy who broke his hand? :huh :lol:

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
I doubt they would say anything in the preliminary stages of a negotiation, if there were anything to it.  Kenny doesn't like ANY info to get out, so you know no one from the Sox is saying anything.  And judging by the shock of some of his deals this winter, Billy Beane seems to operate in the same manner.

i think the eric is the one who started this rumor and is keeping it going

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)

Excellent post and I believe this is exactly the case.

We have now confirmed this rumor exists. We are really making some positive strides. :banghead

Edited by AddisonStSox

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
I doubt they would say anything in the preliminary stages of a negotiation, if there were anything to it.  Kenny doesn't like ANY info to get out, so you know no one from the Sox is saying anything.  And judging by the shock of some of his deals this winter, Billy Beane seems to operate in the same manner.

thats what makes me think this is just a smoke screen to make people think that BMAC is available so that KW can field some calls of what people are offering.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
i think the eric is the one who started this rumor and is keeping it going

That's why I threw the "if there were anything to it" in there. Personally I don't think anything is going to happen on this front.