*Official* Eric Chavez Speculation/Dream Thread

GreatScott82

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
He was asking what team would trade for Kendall.  He wasn't sayin the Sox would.

Right now, assuming Oakland doesn't want him in the division (Texas)...about the only contender I can see right now that could use an upgrade at catcher would probably be Arizona.

That is barring a major injury to someone like Posada, Varitek, or Mauer. Almost everyone at the top of their division has a firm catcher who's either entrenched or hitting pretty well.

Yankees - Posada

BoSox - Varitek

Orioles - Lopez (on DL)

Braves - Estrada

Marlins - LoDuca

Twins - Mauer

Angels - Molinas

Us - A.J.

Cardinals - Yadier Molina

San Diego (I don't know the guy, but he's hitting .299 with 6 home runs)

Texas - Rod Barajas and Sandy Alomar Jr.

Arizona - A rookie named Snyder who's hitting about .220.

I could also see the Dodgers making a shot at him, if they want to stay in the race in the NL West.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)
Right now, assuming Oakland doesn't want him in the division (Texas)...about the only contender I can see right now that could use an upgrade at catcher would probably be Arizona.

That is barring a major injury to someone like Posada, Varitek, or Mauer.  Almost everyone at the top of their division has a firm catcher who's either entrenched or hitting pretty well.

Yankees - Posada

BoSox - Varitek

Orioles - Lopez (on DL)

Braves - Estrada

Marlins - LoDuca

Twins - Mauer

Angels - Molinas

Us - A.J.

Cardinals - Yadier Molina

San Diego (I don't know the guy, but he's hitting .299 with 6 home runs)

Texas - Rod Barajas and Sandy Alomar Jr.

Arizona - A rookie named Snyder who's hitting about .220.

I could also see the Dodgers making a shot at him, if they want to stay in the race in the NL West.

Ramon Hernandez is the Padres' catcher (he used to be on the A's, they either traded for him or picked him up via free agency). The D-Backs also have Kelly Stinnett as their veteran catcher, I think. And I doubt they even have money to spend after what they did in the offseason. I don't think Kendall is going anywhere.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 06:17 PM)
Ramon Hernandez is the Padres' catcher (he used to be on the A's, they either traded for him or picked him up via free agency).  The D-Backs also have Kelly Stinnett as their veteran catcher, I think.  And I doubt they even have money to spend after what they did in the offseason.  I don't think Kendall is going anywhere.

Traded him for Mark Kotsay even though he was an All-Star with the A's.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 05:17 PM)
Ramon Hernandez is the Padres' catcher (he used to be on the A's, they either traded for him or picked him up via free agency).  The D-Backs also have Kelly Stinnett as their veteran catcher, I think.  And I doubt they even have money to spend after what they did in the offseason.  I don't think Kendall is going anywhere.

The D-Backs do have that Stinnett guy, but he's got all of 1 at bat this season.

Yeah, I agree Kendall not going anywhere unless someone gets hurt. Especially given how much he's been struggling to start the year.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)
Question is for this year(which KW is going for) is Crede & B-Mac better than Chavez. It's questionable. Who comes up to pitch for El Duque on his next breaks??

felix diaz :huh , or is he still hurt

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
Small sample size for both.

Diaz can't make it in the majors as a starter with just two pitches. In the pen it is a much different story. He will only have to been seen once by hitter not multiple times.

Diaz can't make it in the majors as a starter with just two pitches. In the pen it is a much different story. He will only have to been seen once by hitter not multiple times.

I'm not saying he will or he won't be a good starter or a good reliever. All I'm saying is that the sample size is too small to say that he will be good out of the bullpen.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 07:57 AM)
In a second, I would actually deal Anderson and Sweeney for Chavez.  We still have OF prospects behind them as well.

But they're not on the level of Anderson or Sweeney. I would deal Anderson instead of B-Mac (I'd still prefer to keep Sweeney over Anderson even though he's showing no power whatsoever down at B-Ham) and give up Crede, but no way do I give BOTH Anderson AND Sweeney.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
Cotts, as a starter....

Caller this is Onstar how can we help you

Someone said that Neal Cotts was going to start a game, he is pitching better.  I have shortness of breathe, and think I just vomitted in my mouth.  I may have shat myself also.

Dont worry take a step back Neal Cotts cannot start a game.  That experiment is over.

Thank you.

Onstar is always here for you.  Even when crazy Cotts starting thoughts appear.

omgwtflol

No way in hell should Kenny trade BMac for overpaid Chavez

Too much risk with Chavez's recent #s, and with no pitching depth, we are screwed come any injury to our pitchers (2 of whom are known for it)

Finally, we have 5 solid pitchers + 1 decent back up, and people want to go back to the Diaz, Munoz etc etc days?????

Pitching is ALWAYS a premium. Never give it up easily. And never for someone with huge question marks like Chavez (0.218 = no roids?????)

I am a huge Kenny fan but I hope common sense prevails and he simply looks elsewhere if Beane wants BMac for Chavez. Kenny can pretty much give up anyone else from our prospect list but not a solid pitcher close to playing in the majors.

How about Crede and Fields for Chavez?

The A's get rid of an underperforming, big contract 3rd baseman for a serviceable stop gap third baseman plus a third baseman of the future. They free up money for other young players.

The Sox get a guy they hope returns to Gold Glove, .280 30HR form, which he has consistently done in the past.

If the A's insist on pitching, how about Crede and Sean Tracey? No way do I give them BMac in this deal.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
Does anyone have ESPN Insider?  I heard that Buster Olney's latest blog has the Eric Chavez to the White Sox rumor in it.

Im sure all it says is "the Daily Herald reports the sox might be interested in eric chavez for Crede and BMac"

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
Does anyone have ESPN Insider?  I heard that Buster Olney's latest blog has the Eric Chavez to the White Sox rumor in it.

It basically just mentions the rumor and says how it would make sense.