My White Sox Experience

Since I live in New Jersey, I get few chances to see the White Sox live. Yesterday me and my dad decided to take the drive down to Baltimore.

Camden Yards is the greatest stadium I have ever been to. I have been to 10, it is easily number 1.

During batting practice I saw Hawk and DJ in the booth, so I yelled to Hawk who his pick to click is he said, Maggs.

I also saw at least 20 other Sox fans while wandering the stadium.

Then the game started. Wow did we look terrible. Colon looked like he had nothing but a fastball out their. The offense looked aweful. 450 miles round trip to see a team play like crap.

This has left me thinking that the Sox need to fire Manuel, I have always been a supporter of him but 3 losses in 4 games to Cleveland and Baltimore is ridiculous. This season is getting ugly already. We need a new manager that can bring a spark.

Also unless the Sox win a playoff game, I say Manuel is done after this season anyways. If Manuel is fired during the season the Sox will likely have an interim manager...like Bruce Kimm. Then in 2004 I would love to see Tom Kelley as the Sox manager. Other prominent possibilities are Bobby Valentine (just waiting for that phone to ring) and Jeff Torborg (most thing florida executives want him out)

Any thoughts on possible managers...

Also is Larry Himes still around anywhere? He should be rehired as GM or a draft coordinator at least

Guest hotsoxchick1

well im sorry your experience wasnt all that good....but things could be worse....imagine getting to see that same ol stuff each and every homestand....... :o ......i am very sorry but i can not put all this on jerry........not when i know for fact that kw holds the puppet strings and makes alot of the calls from his little tower up above...........sure jerrys problem is he doesnt have enough balls to tell kw mind his own business and let me do my job..........that i can fault him for.......but fireing him isnt going to make things any better up here.........get rid of kw first just may be what we need to start a chain reaction... and believe me when i say that uncle jer is now watching him more closely and now that eddie is feeling better he is voicing his opinion in the matter more often.........scream about jm all you want but its not all his fault............hes only doing what he is told to do.........

Hasn't JM given us 4 straight 500 or better seasons?

I realize, we only went to the playoffs once... got swept when we did... etc. But what's so bad about JM? In 2001, we firesaled way early. Before we were even close to out of contention for the playoffs. In 2002, we underacheived - but even after our team was eliminated from contention, the team played great ball down the stretch. Best in the majors, in fact.

JM's Sox has faced the same problems that the As seemed to have faced in recent years. We dig ourselves into a hole early in the season. This year, so far so good. We haven't lost a series since the opening sweep by the Royals... we're the only team to beat the Royals more than once this year... and we're the only team in the Central not digging a huge hole to come out of, besides KC.

So whats the big deal?

I realize, we only went to the playoffs once... got swept when we did... etc. But what's so bad about JM? In 2001, we firesaled way early. Before we were even close to out of contention for the playoffs. In 2002, we underacheived - but even after our team was eliminated from contention, the team played great ball down the stretch. Best in the majors, in fact.

JM's Sox has faced the same problems that the As seemed to have faced in recent years. We dig ourselves into a hole early in the season. This year, so far so good. We haven't lost a series since the opening sweep by the Royals... we're the only team to beat the Royals more than once this year... and we're the only team in the Central not digging a huge hole to come out of, besides KC.

So whats the big deal?

I absolutely LOVE the optimism!!

We need more fans like you!

Guest hotsoxchick1

jerry needs more fans like him........lol

hey hows our baby girl doing these days... ill bet shes ready for a sox game soon huh??? we should get her and sages little girl togther and throw a big coming out party at the park for them.. wadda ya think..........

I'm in. We need to get her some bigger Sox outfits. She grew out of all the ones she's got. (No, that's not a solicitation!)

What's the policy on kids at games? How old can they be until you have to buy a ticket for them?

Guest hotsoxchick1
I'm in. We need to get her some bigger Sox outfits. She grew out of all the ones she's got. (No, that's not a solicitation!)

What's the policy on kids at games? How old can they be until you have to buy a ticket for them?

i dont know the policy but i know i never paid for my kids till they had to use a seat on their own...lol.....do you think with our crowd you would actually have to get her a ticket??? come on adam look at who you hang with........lol lol lol lol.....im thinking a call to the stadium club to arrange a lunch or dinner is in definate order for this... let me email mrs. sage, danno, and a few others to see what their schedules are like and ill get back to ya with this one.............i love planning parties..... :D :headbang

btw what size is our princess these days?????? just wondering......

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol ........ :lol: ok adam.. i should have known better than to ask you size.. i should have asked you compared to a pony keg, half barrel or a full barrel ........lol.......geez us..........10 months is good enough for me i can get her what she needs for her special occasion............thanks........ ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1

i think that kattie is going to be celebrating her first birthday soon if she hasnt already... i know it was right about this time (maybe earlier like feb?) that she was born.....geez how time flies..........and im so good at remembering things like birthdays..(yeah right lol).......but i know shes comong up on a year or is a year now......so the girls are not that far off from eachother...........should be a fun time..........get that pencil in her hand now and start teaching her how to keep score... cw can help ya out if you need it.. hes an expert.. i never saw someone so intense on score keeping in all my life like he is........well ok i used to be like that, but then i turned legal age and the beer cup took up my hand and i had nowhere to put a pencil........... :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
I  think you're right about her being born sometime in February.

ya know what now that i think of it your right.. i think it was in feb.. right around soxfest.......... :huh:

I  think you're right about her being born sometime in February.

ya know what now that i think of it your right.. i think it was in feb.. right around soxfest.......... :huh:

It was not born around me........................................ :D

well im sorry your experience wasnt all that good....but things could be worse....imagine getting to see that same ol stuff each and every homestand

Unfortunately I saw all that stuff before I moved, in August 2001.

So whats the big deal?

The big deal is that we play like crap too often. We dig ourselves into holes ever May, I wrote an article about it for Soxnet.net you can read it in the Archives...but Manuel just sits on his ass and watches this rather than kicking some butt. In Manuel's 5 seasons we have had 3 .500 or better seasons, but 2000 was the only great season. The team finished strong behind Belle in 1998 to finish near .500, 1999 was rebuilding...2001 was gross underachieving, same with 2002 (until August).

Maybe HSC is right and KW is the problem, but JM isn't helping getting these guys motivated for the season.

BTW what the hell was Magglio thinking on that fly down the line, he has to call off DJ

Heres the thing, KW doesn't call JM and tell him when he can argue and when he can show fire. I haven't had many problems with who JM has brought in from the pen.

My flaws came to him not showing life after that homer and not playing Rios near enough while he has a hot bat.