Our manager is clueless with the bullpen

aboz56

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)
I'm sure Ozzie will go off on Brantley again.

Brantley is a moron. He ripped Ozzie for leaving in Buehrle, when Buehrle was at 90-some-odd pitches and pretty much cruising. Then, he ripped him for not bringing in the "closer".

I disagree with the moves Ozzie has made this week, but Brantley is a jagoff, IMO.

The reason i think Perez was in there cause I think he wanted to get as many lefties in there against Byrd whose a hell of alot worse against lefties then righties..And I can't really remember a day off he's had..

"Perez was starting for Paul Konerko, who was given the night off to rest and even skipped pregame drills"

With 2 straight days off he should be ready to go another month without a break like all robots.

Reading this thread made me sick to my stomach and started to really be dissapointed with my fellow sox fans with Ozzie the worst ,manager and he should be fired even though we have the best record in baseball is pretty retarded.

We don't know the situation was with Marte and marte is always the first guy Ozzie brings out of that bullpen in these sits, but I sure he felt he couldn't go..maybe Marte said something..maybe it was Ozzie's call..But I'm sure all you would want to pitch the late innings are Marte ,Pollite, and Herm the rest of the year..

But this isn't a video game, they aren't machines to be called every single day..The innings pitched is deceiving cause I've seen multiple times here Marte has been warming up in the pen and ended up not brought into games.

And those warm up pitches also to add up at the end of the year..But I don't want our guys arms falling off in August..We HAVE to use guys like Vic and Shingo..We CAN'T be just using 3 damn guys out of that pen..

It be nice for us to have a like a 7 run lead going into the 8th so now we can put Vic and Shingo for mop up, but we've been involved in like what..over 20 one run games this year? So in the end it be nice for us just to use Cliff and Herm...and the amount of s*** I've been hearing about Marte sucking this year if he'd off blown this game we would be calling for his head and Ozzie's head..

"Why didn't he bring in Herm to pitch the last 3 innings?!?!? He hasn't pitched ina while and he was a starter..he could go 3!"

Lets face, the Angels had 4 lefties going in a row..Cliff does better against righties, we have Walker on the roster just for this situation..To get lefties out..Hasn't pitched in a while..He didn't get the job done..maybe it was Ozzie's fault for not pitching this guy only 2 innings the past 2 weeks..The guy was a rusty mess... I guess Ozzie was put into a corner..He thought Marte couldn't go and I'm sure Walker is gonna be sent down when Orlando is activated.

I guess he had confidence that Walker would get the job done..

Didn't work out, but to call out someone's incompetence with out context is shameful.

I'm sure if you guys were the manager we would be undefeated and on to being 162-0 cause you know everything...:rolleyes:

Lets see what Ozzie has to say...and not to be petty and call for someone head cause it makes you sound silly..

But hey, maybe our guys will take our players back to the lab for some fine tuning and maybe some state of the art replacement parts so we'll be able to go with the same 12 players on our roster with out a days rest.

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)
Yeah, I thought about that after posting, but I assumed the point was understood. Walker is a virtual rookie, having pitched 28 2/3 since 2001 and only 95 in his career. At this point, at the big league level, evaluating his performance is no different than evaluating a rookie.

Ah, yes. Figured as much. Sounds good.

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
The reason i think Perez was in there cause I think he wanted to get as many lefties in there against Byrd whose a hell of alot worse against lefties then righties..And I can't really remember a day off he's had..

"Perez was starting for Paul Konerko, who was given the night off to rest and even skipped pregame drills"

With 2 straight days off he should be ready to go another month without a break like all robots.

Reading this thread made me sick to my stomach and started to really be dissapointed with my fellow sox fans with Ozzie the worst ,manager and he should be fired even though we have the best record in baseball is pretty retarded.

We don't know the situation was with Marte and marte is always the first guy Ozzie brings out of that bullpen in these sits, but I sure he felt he couldn't go..maybe Marte said something..maybe it was Ozzie's call..But I'm sure all you would want to pitch the late innings are Marte ,Pollite, and Herm the rest of the year..

But this isn't a video game, they aren't machines to be called every single day..The innings pitched is deceiving cause I've seen multiple times here Marte has been warming up in the pen and ended up not brought into games.

And those warm up pitches also to add up at the end of the year..But I don't want our guys arms falling off in August..We HAVE to use guys like Vic and Shingo..We CAN'T be just using 3 damn guys out of that pen..

It be nice for us to have a like a 7 run lead going into the 8th so now we can put Vic and Shingo for mop up, but we've been involved in like what..over 20 one run games this year? So in the end it be nice for us just to use Cliff and Herm...and the amount of s*** I've been hearing about Marte sucking this year if he'd off blown this game we would be calling for his head and Ozzie's head..

"Why didn't he bring in Herm to pitch the last 3 innings?!?!? He hasn't pitched ina  while and he was a starter..he could go 3!"

Lets face, the Angels had 4 lefties going in a row..Cliff does better against righties, we have Walker on the roster just for this situation..To get lefties out..Hasn't pitched in a while..He didn't get the job done..maybe it was Ozzie's fault for not pitching this guy only 2 innings the past 2 weeks..The guy was a rusty mess... I guess Ozzie was put into a corner..He thought Marte couldn't go and I'm sure Walker is gonna be sent down when Orlando is activated.

I guess he had confidence that Walker would get the job done..

Didn't work out, but to call out someone's incompetence with out context is shameful.

I'm sure if you guys were the manager we would be undefeated and on to being 162-0 cause you know everything...:rolleyes:

Lets see what Ozzie has to say...and not to be petty and call for someone head cause it makes you sound silly..

But hey, maybe our guys will take our players back to the lab for some fine tuning and maybe some state of the art replacement parts so we'll be able to go with the same 12 players on our roster with out a days rest.

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto

I'm assuming Ozzie was giving Marte the night off, at least i hope that was what he was thinking.

Edited by sayitanitso

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:49 PM)
You cant defend Timo Perez at first.

It just can't be done.

I rather Wille Harris at 1B the Timo. Timo has to be the worst to start this year at 1B in the whole MLB

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
I love watching Konerko sit on the bench with the bases loaded.  f*** you, Ozzie.

Not to pile on Oz like he deserves with a) Timo at 1st and B) Walker which I think everybody is agreed upon. But did anybody see PK go up to OZ and say, "hey...lemme hit..." or "I'm f***in battin Skip"? Didn't I read already that PK was completely given the night off and skipped pregame as well? My point is...if PK had some nads...he shoulda thrown 'em on the table.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
Not to pile on Oz like he deserves with a) Timo at 1st and B) Walker which I think everybody is agreed upon.  But did anybody see PK go up to OZ and say, "hey...lemme hit..."  or "I'm f***in battin Skip"?   Didn't I read already that PK was completely given the night off and skipped pregame as well?  My point is...if PK had some nads...he shoulda thrown 'em on the table.

He looked a little perplexed in the dugout when he didn't get a chance. If Uribe only waited a millisecond more on the next to last pitch, the Sox win 11-10.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
Ummm, no.  Walker is not a rookie.

Which is why I said virtual rookie. If not for his first big league season in 2000, I believe he would be classified as a rookie. From '01-'04, he's appeared in 16, 11, 11 and 5 games. 28 2/3 innings pitched over a four year span. For all intents and purposes, evaluating his performance at this level is no different than evaluating a rookie. He's untested, unproven. That was the point I was making. It's not like the Sox management can use past performance in evaluating and deciding whether to keep him or send him down. If he had been lights out for that inning or even two, he might have earned a roster spot. That may be what Ozzie and KW were trying to determine.

Edited by nvxplorer

it's as simple as this, Ozzie has faith in guys that he shouldn't, and even when they completely f*** him he still gives them a shot. He's like that guy whos still marrying his bride even though she would rather run away than marry him(RETARDED)

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
Which is why I said virtual rookie. If not for his first big league season in 2000, I believe he would be classified as a rookie. From '01-'04, he's appeared in 16, 11, 11 and 5 games. 28 2/3 innings pitched over a four year span. For all intents and purposes, evaluating his performance at this level is no different than evaluating a rookie. He's untested, unproven. That was the point I was making. It's not like the Sox management can use past performance in evaluating and deciding whether to keep him or send him down. If he had been lights out for that inning or even two, he might have earned a roster spot. They may be what Ozzie and KW were trying to determine.

Trying to determine if a guy is worthy of a roster spot by throwing him into that situation when he has appeared in exactly 1 game for 1 inning the last 17 days would the craziest thing Ozzie has ever done.