Our manager is clueless with the bullpen

aboz56

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
things could be worse folks.

The Yankees have lost two straight to Kansas City.

Carrasco beats Randy Johnson.

Perspective, everybody

No offense, but that is getting really old. We should be mad after tonight.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:45 PM)
things could be worse folks.

The Yankees have lost two straight to Kansas City.

Carrasco beats Randy Johnson.

Perspective, everybody

The problem is these problems could have been avoided.

Play Kong, we have an off day tomorrow. No reason for Timo F'n Perez. He is worthless.

Put in a suitable pitcher in the 7th (Cotts, Politte or Marte) not Kevin "Triple A Fodder" Walker and then Vizcaino. These guys are both mop up men.

Flat out horrible managing by a guy who I am losing confidence in as the days go by. Some of this stuff is just plain out painful to watch.

Everyone please relax!! We one the series that is what matters. Sure I would have enjoyed the sweep, but we now have a rested bullpen for the weekend series against a division opponent. You guys have to remember this is a marathon not a sprint. Walker will be gone in day or so, and I think KW will continue to work on our bullpen. There will be different pitchers in the pen come august and sept.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:46 AM)
Even Ozzie probably doesn't know how he won 2 of these 3 games.  I love seeing Iguchi and Konerko sit on the bench while Uribe bats with the bases loaded. :rolly

And just the other day you were b****ing about Konerko playing. Then he has a day off, you still aren't happy. Imagine that. :rolly

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
Brently on ESPN just took more shots at Ozzie for his BP handling

Specifically at not bringing in Hermy in game 1, which we almost lost thanks to that move, and now bringing him in for mop up hurting his 0.00 ERA

MInd you, Brentley predicted Hermy would nto do well before he even pitched his first pitch (becoz it was not a save situation)

In game 1 Brantley was flat out wrong... Bringing back Buehrle is a fine move. Bringing in Marte to face McPhereson was the right move too. After that you could make an argument that he should have gone to Hermanson, but Brantley's argument was erroneous. It sounded like a former closer who thinks that saves are automatic. That the other team isn't any good, like they're not a bunch of professional hitters or something. Brantley was just whining to hear himself talk. He thinks "closers" are only to be used to get the last three outs of a game that you're leading by 3 or fewer runs. That's just dumb, not effective use of your pen. You're limiting the effectiveness of your best reliever by not necessarily putting him in the highest leverege situations.

Tonight, and I didn't hear, because I'm local, he probably liked bringing in walker because he had a 0.00 ERA. We all knew Walker was a bad move. He had a 0.00 ERA despite pitching like crap.

The argument that Hermy wouldn't do as well because it wasn't a save situation is a red herring straw man piece of crap argument. How did he get guys out before he was the closer Jeff?

I felt the same way, but I felt that Hermy was going to give up runs because he looked like crap recording the save in his last outing vs. the Angels, allowing towering outs to Molina and somebody else.

Did K-Rod allow a run just so it felt like a save situation, Jeff? Brantley is boob.

As critical of Konerko as I am, with a day off tomorrow, there is no reason to sit him today, much less put Timo at 1B over Ozuna who has played the position before, but either way, Konerko shouldn't of sat.

it was a poorly managed game.

timo shouldn't have been at first.

Walker shouldn't be on the team.

I don't disagree with any of that.

But I think it was OK to give a couple of the bullpen guys back to back days off.

It's a long season. You can't pitch guys four or five times a week.

just have to hope we play better against Cleveland.

The bright side of this is we could have easily been swept and we won two out of three.

And just the other day you were b****ing about Konerko playing.  Then he has a day off, you still aren't happy.  Imagine that.  :rolly

1.) Timo at 1st base... LOL.

2.) Walker as the first man out of the pen... LOL.

3.) Vizcaino to clean up Walker's mess... LOL.

'Nuff said. :rolly

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
And just the other day you were b****ing about Konerko playing.  Then he has a day off, you still aren't happy.  Imagine that.  :rolly

It makes sense to do this after you call up Gload, not when you have no glove Timo out in the field. The dude has a problem in the OF.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)
it was a poorly managed game.

timo shouldn't have been at first.

Walker shouldn't be on the team.

I don't disagree with any of that.

But I think it was OK to give a couple of the bullpen guys back to back days off.

It's a long season. You can't pitch guys four or five times a week.

just have to hope we play better against Cleveland.

The bright side of this is we could have easily been swept and we won two out of three.

Good points, but he doesn't use Hermanson or Cliff enough as it is.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:53 AM)
If you would've rather seen Politte and Marte even though they pitched consecutive days, raise your hand.  I'm so sick of babying bullpen arms.

Marte hasn't thrown many pitches at all the last few games. Marte also clearly gave us the best chance of getting out of the 7th without allowing a run. No doubt in my mind.