Our manager is clueless with the bullpen

aboz56

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with all the criticism, but allow me to speculate on what was going through Ozzie's head, or even a directive from KW.

With El Duque coming back, someone has to be sent down. It's reasonable to think the Sox management wanted to see Walker one more time before deciding who that would be. This is pure guesswork on my part, but if KW and Ozzie were torn between Walker and Shingo (or even Vizcaino), they may have wanted to see Walker today before deciding.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)
Apparently, Paulsy needs 2 days rest to continue his suckiness at the plate.  At least he can actually play 1st base.  Timo's first career MLB game at 1st base...  gotta love it.

see jabroni, your hilarious tonight because for once everyone's pissed off with you, there is no optimism tonight, nor should there be.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)
Apparently, Paulsy needs 2 days rest to continue his suckiness at the plate.  At least he can actually play 1st base.  Timo's first career MLB game at 1st base...  gotta love it.

Tonight was actually worse than Jermaine Dye at Shortstop...and that my friends, says a lot.

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 03:17 AM)
I agree with all the criticism, but allow me to speculate on what was going through Ozzie's head, or even a directive from KW.

With El Duque coming back, someone has to be sent down. It's reasonable to think the Sox management wanted to see Walker one more time before deciding who that would be. This is pure guesswork on my part, but if KW and Ozzie were torn between Walker and Shingo (or even Vizcaino), they may have wanted to see Walker today before deciding.

In all honesty, that's probably pretty accurate. It's kinda sad though that we have so many guys that need to be off the team.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)

This is what confused me about the Burke for Walker move in the first place. Burke has actually played a few games at first base - only a few, but errorless games nonetheless. He certainly couldn't have done worse than Perez.

I think they knew Walker sucked before tonight. He got out of two jams with runners in scoring position before tonight. Walk-er, Jizzcan, and Dingo all deserve to go. I wasn't on the Baj bandwagon but I am now. Kenny needs to trade for a couple of lefty relievers that can actually get the job done.

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)

I'm just glad we didn't let the outcome of our game get in the way of deciding whether or not Kevin Walker is actually our worst bullpen arm.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
Good point about the hitting.  I'll agree with you that they looked to be on everything we threw.  It might also be because our pitchers this series didn't seem very sharp at all.

I also wanted to go hide when Walker came in. I'm sure Ozzie did not feel good doing that. He was presenting an unknown lefty who was supposed to get 3 outs. Didn't work. I'm sure he felt that Marte, Politte and Cotts weren't available. If the Sox had 6 relievers at the top of their game at the moment, then he has no problems with his decision making. For the record, and it's just my personable opinion, I have not completely given up on Viz. The season is long and it seems to me his stuff is not bad. His location is. To me, this is fixable. Of course I have been called gullible before. :huh

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)
I think they knew Walker sucked before tonight.  He got out of two jams with runners in scoring position before tonight.  Walk-er, Jizzcan, and Dingo all deserve to go.  I wasn't on the Baj bandwagon but I am now. Kenny needs to trade for a couple of lefty relievers that can actually get the job done.

Viz didnt give up a run tonight and he did a good job stoping the damage the walker had caused.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
Viz didnt give up a run tonight and he did a good job stoping the damage the walker had caused.

Being a Jizzcaino apologist around here won't get you far. Just some fair advice.

I just got back from the game and all I can say is BRUTAL!!!

I was in total shock that the Sunday lineup managed 7 runs tonight but naturally when we score the dirtbags in the pen ( Walker and Jizzcan in this case ) hand the lead right back to them.

Walker better be on the red-eye flight to Charlotte tonight! Viz should be traded for whatever we can get for him. He's that bad.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)

DID YOU WATCH THE SAME GAME THE REST OF US DID?!??!?

Jiz couldn't get anybody out. It was like a parade around the bases with him. Everything off him was hit hard even the outs.

:rolly

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
Walker better be on the red-eye flight to Charlotte tonight!  Viz should be traded for whatever we can get for him.  He's that bad.

Actually he is on a greyhound back already and hopefully it's a long ride.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 09:08 PM)
Goddamit.  These Ozzie apologists are going to make me puke.  Once I saw Walker coming into the game, I said to my girlfriend, "Oh s***."  I'm not an MLB manager but even I knew that trouble was brewing once Walk-er was put into the game.

One of these things is not like the other...

One of these things just doesn't belong...