Kevin Walk-er... HE GAWN!

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
A little blurb from the official White Sox site today, take it for what it's worth:

------------------

For future notice, Gload, Willie Harris and Timo Perez all have options still remaining, although Perez is unlikely to move from the active roster. Utility player Pablo Ozuna is out of options, meaning he would have to clear waivers if designated for assignment when Gload returns.

------------------

So its either Willie or someone going to the DL, and with Carl starting to hit again, I think that eliminates that option. f***.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
Wouldn't the choice have to be either Perez or Harris?

They do not have a backup 1B, so that's Gload.

They need somebody who can play SS and 3B, that's Ozuna.

There are currently 11 pitchers and I think that number will stay put ... even though I agree they can/should ship somebody out and bring someone else in.

But Ozzie only has one boyfriend. It makes me sick, but Timo is going nowhere. It's a shame that performance on the field no longer matters. Someone that is more deserving of a roster spot than Timo Perez will be sent down. Apparently performance on your knees is more important than performance as a baseball player.

Guest JimH
But Ozzie only has one boyfriend.  It makes me sick, but Timo is going nowhere.  It's a shame that performance on the field no longer matters.  Someone that is more deserving of a roster spot than Timo Perez will be sent down.  Apparently performance on your knees is more important than performance as a baseball player.

Remember it is only speculation, anything can happen. You guys crack me up when you overreact like this.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:10 PM)
But Ozzie only has one boyfriend.  It makes me sick, but Timo is going nowhere.  It's a shame that performance on the field no longer matters.  Someone that is more deserving of a roster spot than Timo Perez will be sent down.  Apparently performance on your knees is more important than performance as a baseball player.

We have this overloyalty to crap over the years and it has cost us over and over.

Last year we marched Thriller out because he had some silly record to get. Dropping games in a playoff race due to one morons personal goals.

Koch as the closer.

This year we are marching Timo and Viz over and over. Timo has no range in the OF, he is slow, he cant hit, yet he will be here. Viz cant keep a runner stranded to save his life.

Guest JimH
But we all know it's going to happen.  And this isn't an overreaction.  Timo doesn't deserve to be on this team.

What I was referring to was your colorful manner of describing the situation ... boyfriend, on the knees, etc.

Maybe overreacting is the wrong word, but I think you get my point.

I guess the Sox like Kevin Walker. I see him as a one inning relief pitcher who doesn't usually hit more than 90 MPH with his fastball. He didn't look good Wed, but inactivity will do that I reckon. At least one inning is 2/3rd more than Kelly Wunsch though. Best place is in AAA and getting some work.

Guest JimH
Maybe you just have trouble articulating your point.

Not at all.

Let me try to articulate this, troll:

You're a smarmy ass 24 year old who thinks he's brighter than everyone else. "Wow, I'm in grad school, aren't I smart?"

What you've done since you've come here is try to be your big brother (penis envy, maybe?) and be Mr. Argument. Too bad this board doesn't offer lawyer pay.

What exactly is the problem with your lack of interpersonal skills? Do you not have any at all? Are you this much of a colossal prick every time you go somewhere new? Or are your only friends the same type of cynical s*** stirrers who are frustrated with their lot in life? How many posters have you managed to piss off in the course of 3-4 days? Congratulations, you're up to about a dozen.

Let me review ... hmmm, I think it was articulated rather well.

You're a stain to this board. Go away. However, let me tell you this, if you continue to get in my face I'll be slinging it right back wise ass.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 05:42 PM)
Not at all.

You're a smarmy ass 24 year old who thinks he's brighter than everyone else.  "Wow, I'm in grad school, aren't I smart?"

What you've done since you've come here is try to be your big brother (penis envy, maybe?) and be Mr. Argument.  Too bad this board doesn't offer lawyer pay.

What exactly is the problem with your lack of interpersonal skills?  Do you not have any at all?  Are you this much of a colossal prick every time you go somewhere new?  Or are your only friends the same type of cynical s*** stirrers who are frustrated with their lot in life?  How many posters have you managed to piss off in the course of 3-4 days?  Congratulations, you're up to about a dozen.

You're a stain to this board.  Go away.  However, let me tell you this, if you continue to get in my face I'll be slinging it right back wise ass.

Good show old boy!!! The ball is in the other court. (My money is on you)

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)
I guess the Sox like Kevin Walker. I see him as a one inning relief pitcher who doesn't usually hit more than 90 MPH with his fastball. He didn't look good Wed, but inactivity will do that I reckon. At least one inning is 2/3rd more than Kelly Wunsch though. Best place is in AAA and getting some work.

Thank you for giving us your mature opinion without calling the player names or any other childish stuff.

See how it's done guys?

QUOTE(professionalfan @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)
Thank you for giving us your mature opinion without calling the player names or any other childish stuff.

See how it's done guys?

Didn't realize that the players were so sensitive...or that posters were so sensitive to the feelings of the players.

I'm surprised Crede hasn't killed himself yet, if this is the case.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
Not at all.

You're a smarmy ass 24 year old who thinks he's brighter than everyone else.  "Wow, I'm in grad school, aren't I smart?"

What you've done since you've come here is try to be your big brother (penis envy, maybe?) and be Mr. Argument.  Too bad this board doesn't offer lawyer pay.

What exactly is the problem with your lack of interpersonal skills?  Do you not have any at all?  Are you this much of a colossal prick every time you go somewhere new?  Or are your only friends the same type of cynical s*** stirrers who are frustrated with their lot in life?  How many posters have you managed to piss off in the course of 3-4 days?  Congratulations, you're up to about a dozen.

You're a stain to this board.  Go away.  However, let me tell you this, if you continue to get in my face I'll be slinging it right back wise ass.

That was clear as a bell, to me anyway.

Hey, can I re-register under another name? I was thinking of "I hate I-HATE-CREDE."

(Damn, I try not to be confrontational, but just seeing that guy's user name told me volumes about him. Pardon my outrage.)

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 06:42 PM)
Not at all.

Well lets see you just felt like you had to drill someone because I mixed it up a bit earlier. What a copy cat. But it was a nice post. Are you sure you got your point across? The grad students are under alot of pressure these days maybe you will need to come back a couple more times just to be sure.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:02 PM)
Are you inferring that Wunch is still in our organization?

He was chased out by KW. Its a hypothetical. What if he was still here, would you rather have Wunch out there or Cotts/Walker/Crap on a stick.