Derrick Focking Lee

sox-r-us

Just got his 5th hit of the game (5 for 5) and hit a 3 run bomb

Man this guy is awesome. Currently, he is a triple crown winner candidate (only 4 players from the NL have ever won it).

What would I give to have him on the Pale Hose? Why did the Marlins let him go? Stupid move by the Marlins. Instead of paying Delgado, they could have kept him instead.

Edited by sox-r-us

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)
Derrick Lee has been just AMAZING this year, no doubt about it. Look in his locker to see if you can find anything from BALCO.

why wasent he at the congress hearings

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
Just got his 5th hit of the game (5 for 5) and hit a 3 run bomb

Man this guy is awesome. Currently, he is a triple crown winner candidate (only 4 players from the NL have ever won it).

What would I give to have him on the Pale Hose? Why did the Marlins let him go? Stupid move by the Marlins. Instead of paying Delgado, they could have kept him instead.

They got Paul LoDuca and Mota at the end of it right?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:39 AM)
Lee has 17 homers now, correct?

I gotta bold prediction - he won't hit 40.

Honestly, I can't possibly see that prediction coming true unless Lee gets hurt.

As soon as I heard about the Cubs getting him, I thought "he'll hit 40+ for them for sure". Without his customary slow start, he's basically a lock for 40 or more.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 07:48 AM)
Honestly, I can't possibly see that prediction coming true unless Lee gets hurt.

As soon as I heard about the Cubs getting him, I thought "he'll hit 40+ for them for sure". Without his customary slow start, he's basically a lock for 40 or more.

I look at it considering that Lee has almost always hit most of his homers in the first half of the year rather than the second - last year of course was an exception, but even last year, hitting 20 in the second half, he was considerably worse in the second half than the first half, putting up a .249 average and an .826 OPS to go along with those 20 homers.

What IS scary to think about is that June has been the best month of his career. .312 33 96 .405/.590/.995 splits for June in his career.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)
They got Paul LoDuca and Mota at the end of it right?

LoDuca and Mota came from the Dodgers in exchange for Brad Penny and Hee Sop Choi.

Lee originally came to the Cubs in exchange for Choi and a player to be named (i have no idea who that was)

• 3 months later...
QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)
Cubs fans say he's already won the Triple Crown.

What I dont get is all the Cubs fans say the Sox will cool off but Lee will get better.

The f***ers gonna cool off.  He's not that good.

Yeah, he has cooled off. As I predicted, he wouldn't get the RBI's to even have a chance with the Cub offense.

Funny, he isn't leading the HR category, hasnt for a while. He has fallen off the RBI pace by quite a bit and is only 9 points ahead of Pujols for the AVG title. At this rate he won't have any of the three at seasons end.

Yeah, he has cooled off. As I predicted, he wouldn't get the RBI's to even have a chance with the Cub offense.

Funny, he isn't leading the HR category, hasnt for a while. He has fallen off the RBI pace by quite a bit and is only 9 points ahead of Pujols for the AVG title. At this rate he won't have any of the three at seasons end.

[/quote

still the flubs fans scream MVP