On Mike & Mike this AM

EvilJester99

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
If the Rangers trade for Clemens and Angels trade for Sweeney, we better get someone to win this division because there is a strong chance the wild card will come from the west

The Rangers will fade down the stretch, in the heat, as they always do. IMO

Kurkjian was full of fluff today...

ESPN's required weekly Derek Jeter article...http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stor..._tim&id=2073780

Jeter's face is recognizable, but it's not lacquered on every billboard in New York.

[...]

Jeter has a nice face, a rugged face, a handsome face, equal parts black and white, the son of a black father and white mother who had simple rules for him in high school, including being home by 10 p.m. every night and eating his lunch every day. He was taught well, and he has never forgotten his lessons. That's why he is such a good player and team captain. That's why he is the face of baseball.

[...]

During the last 20 games as the Yankees have charged back to respectability, Jeter had batted .266/.326/.418. Meanwhile ARod has gone .350/.547/.700 over that same span. But if it wasn't for Jeter's leadership the Yankees would be nowhere...:rolly

My favorite quote was this one...

Miraculously, Jeter has avoided controversy despite playing in New York.

No s*** Tim, you're to busy writing about how his s*** doesn't stink to generate any kind of controversy.

In other words, Jeter is slumping a little lately. The Yankees have lost 4 in a row. ARod is tearing the cover off the ball, so we better write yet another article about all of Jeter's intangables so he doesn't take any heat for the losing streak. You want to creat come controversy tim, mention that Jeter has just 1 hit in the Yankees 4 losses to the Red Sox and Royals.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

including being home by 10 p.m. every night and eating his lunch every day. He was taught well, and he has never forgotten his lessons. That's why he is such a good player and team captain. That's why he is the face of baseball.

Holy crap, those were similar to my rules. I guess I'm the next big league star, right?

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 05:25 AM)
Tim Kurkjian

My only questions is this; can Texas afford to pick up the $12 million tab to get Clemens for half the season? (Clemens' contract is for $17 mil, and he receives a $3 million bonus if he's traded).