Dixie Chicks learning a lesson

southsider2k5

CK, baggio and the rest are right. Their record sales went down something like 40%.

No. Their billboard spot went from #3 to #34 (the largest drop in billboard history - but they were #1 for 28 weeks prior). But they are still selling records on pace and are back at #3 this week.

No. Their billboard spot went from #3 to #34 (the largest drop in billboard history - but they were #1 for 28 weeks prior). But they are still selling records on pace and are back at #3 this week.

they are selling records with people who dont listen to their type of music...they wouldnt be doing all this apoligizing and interviewing (and posing nude) if they didnt feel in the long term what the said wont have a serious economic effect on them..

they will probably survive this..because as time passes and the anti-war crowd forgets all about them the country music fans will also start to forgive them and buy their stuff again...its just funny to watch them squirm...

People say s*** they end up regretting all the time in public life. If the Dixie Chicks knew their audience, they would never make comments like that in public, ever. This whole nude thing is what will backfire. Are they trying to kill off their careers?

you think so???..you might have a point...i sure dont agree with it..

i like country and i have a dixie chics cd...their cd , "wide open spaces" is excellent...but i sure wouldnt look to them for my politcial ideas reguardless of whether they supported my views or not...they are just singers..for every singer or group that makes it there are thousands that are just as good or better who just cant get the right break..be in the right place at the right time...but these guys that make it always begin to believe the hype around them..i guess its almost impossible not to...chances are everyone around you is feeding you lines of s*** about how great you are as they try and dig into your pockets

It really depends on where the Dixie Chicks want to go. They seem to be moving to an AC (Adult Contemporary) direction, where political statements don't matter. John Tesh could s*** on an American Flag and nobody would notice - they'd probably be put to sleep ages before with his soothing smooth jazz music.

However, if the Dixie Chicks want to stay a Country act, they need to shut the hell up. Before they said what they did, their song "Travelling Soldier" was poised to become the biggest country radio single ever. No song had ever tested as well. But Country listeners tend to be conservative, they tend to remember when artists do stupid things.

Here's my working case study: I work at a radio company with a country and an Adult Contemporary station in the building. Neither station pulled the Dixie Chicks after the comment. The country station was flooded with dozens upon dozens of complaints. The AC station got one.

This is from George Bush's primetime interview

Of the singing Texas trio, who have been outspoken critics of the U.S.-led war, Bush said, "The Dixie Chicks are free to speak their mind."

At the same time, Bush added: "They shouldn't have their feelings hurt just because some people don't want to buy their records when they speak out. You know, freedom is a two-way street."

Bush shouldn't have his snippy assed feelings hurt just because some people don't want to buy his policies. You know, freedom is a two-way street.

The Dixie Chicks, Robbins, Sarandon (one of my favorites, BTW) have got no reason to b**** and moan when people react to what they say. They crossed the line and went into the political arena when they are nothing but entertainers. Once they opened that door, then they reap what they sow. Tough s***.

Now, to the real important stuff.... where can I find these pics of the Dixie Ckicks? :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1
The Dixie Chicks, Robbins, Sarandon (one of my favorites, BTW) have got no reason to b**** and moan when people react to what they say.  They crossed the line and went into the political arena when they are nothing but entertainers.  Once they opened that door, then they reap what they sow. Tough s***. 

Now, to the real important stuff.... where can I find these pics of the Dixie Ckicks?  :lol:

here ya go yas hon.. you know i would do anything for you........ :D

APdixies1.jpg

The Dixie Chicks, Robbins, Sarandon (one of my favorites, BTW) have got no reason to b**** and moan when people react to what they say.  They crossed the line and went into the political arena when they are nothing but entertainers.  Once they opened that door, then they reap what they sow. Tough s***. 

Now, to the real important stuff.... where can I find these pics of the Dixie Ckicks?  :lol:

APdixies1.jpg

those girls need a little meat on their bones...i like a little cushion for da pushin!!!!!

After looking at Mr. Chirac naked, it’s hard for me to say who’s punishing whom,” Mr. Powell said. :lol:

this should remove any doubt about the f***eduppedness of the french

tell me this is another urban legend or whatever and he really didnt do that

MR. CHIRAC, HIS HANDS strategically covering key parts of his anatomy, appears buck naked on the magazine cover with controversial phrases and epithets such as “cheese-eating surrender monkey” written on his body in what appears to be magic marker

:lol:

APdixies1.jpg

those girls need a little meat on their bones...i like a little cushion for da pushin!!!!!

If they were a jeapardy question it would go....I will take SCANKS for $100......Alex

APdixies1.jpg

If they were a jeapardy question it would go....I will take SCANKS for $100......Alex

"What is the country music group that just committed a PR nightmare?"

their sales went up with the anti -war crowd...people who dont listen to thatg genre...within the country music base their sales are almost non existant...when the hoopla from the war dies down and the anti war folks forget all about country music and the dixie chics then what will they do???

what will they do?

My guess is they'll get Mutt Lange to produce a glossy adult-pop VH1 record like he does for his wife, Shania Twain.

If that stuff's country music then Justin Timberlake is Johnny Cash!!

(....and he's NOT....by the way....just for the record.....)

their sales went up with the anti -war crowd...people who dont listen to thatg genre...within the country music base their sales are almost non existant...when the hoopla from the war dies down and the anti war folks forget all about country music and the dixie chics then what will they do???

what will they do?

My guess is they'll get Mutt Lange to produce a glossy adult-pop VH1 record like he does for his wife, Shania Twain.

If that stuff's country music then Justin Timberlake is Johnny Cash!!

(....and he's NOT....by the way....just for the record.....)

Shania does not bill herself as "country" anymore. She said herself she's going after the "pop" market. Doing nicely might I add.

Pop music blows donkey dick

:fyou Pop Music

Yes, but Shania is kinda hot :o

No s***..... so is Britney, Christina, and Jessica et al. I just wish they'd shut their traps, lay on a bed, and spread 'em for the masses of horny men cause their music sucks. :headbang

• 3 weeks later...