Scott Skiles

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)
You're kidding...that's wonderful news.  And 1 day after the talks supposedly exploded underneath them.

Man, what the Hell happened today?

Sounded like JR and Skiles got it done. Funny how this whole thing worked. I wonder what f***nuts Mariotti is going to write about now that both coaches got long-term deals.

QUOTE(HSC's Biggest Fan @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 05:10 PM)
Sounded like JR and Skiles got it done.  Funny how this whole thing worked.  I wonder what f***nuts Mariotti is going to write about now that both coaches got long-term deals.

How Reinsdorf finally did 2 things right in a row?

Hell, I don't like JR that much as an owner, but the events of today are enough to make me sit back and applaud.

I would've made the asshole wait and sweat. Ric Bucher on ESPN said that Phil Jackson said he would love to coach Chicago again and that they were on his few list of teams he would coach. Even LA was afraid of the Bulls not signing Skiles because they thought Chicago would have a great chance of swooping him away the same way they did with Kobe last year.

Skiles acted like an ass throughout the whole negotiation process to even blasting the organization. If he got the money he wanted he's now paid like a top 5 coach. Newsflash, he isn't a top 5 coach. He shouldn't be getting paid the same amount as Larry Brown.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
I would've made the asshole wait and sweat. Ric Bucher on ESPN said that Phil Jackson said he would love to coach Chicago again and that they were on his few list of teams he would coach. Even LA was afraid of the Bulls not signing Skiles because they thought Chicago would have a great chance of swooping him away the same way they did with Kobe last year.

Skiles acted like an ass throughout the whole negotiation process to even blasting the organization. If he got the money he wanted he's now paid like a top 5 coach. Newsflash, he isn't a top 5 coach. He shouldn't be getting paid the same amount as Larry Brown.

All the jackson talk was nothing more than a good pr move by the bulls in my opinion.

Mulligan;

"Where are we at? We pessimistic? Optimistic?"

Keith Glass (sp?);

"I think it's done" (meaning that it doesn't look good)

He mentions the "leaks" to the media about the contract.

Buffone;

"I read the deal, and honestly I thought the deal was fair"

Glass;

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I understand that. I see how numbers are made to "look" in the paper"

He goes on to further say;

"I would be surprised at this point if it gets done. This has been going on TOO long. There is no reason for this. I am very dissappointed, Scotts dissappointed. Our goal is to stay in Chicago"

Mully;

"So are the negotiations suspended?"

Glass;

"I am not talking anymore. Scott has a contract. If they pick up his option, he will honor that" (goes against what Kashul reported on CLTV). This is NOT just about the money."

Glass adds;

"They are going to start lambasting Scott in the media and they've already started doing it. We know about the Bulls"

"I have NEVER went through anything like this before"

Mully;

"Is JR the reason?"

Glass;

"It's possible. I have never dealt with JR, only Paxson"

Mully;

"Would Scott negotiate during the season?"

"If he says he wont, HE WONT".

Glass went on to say that he thinks that Scott will not be coaching the Bulls after next season.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 07:11 PM)
Can you link me to a Skiles quote bashing the org?

Skiles, not his agent.

He was on the Score this morning at 9:30AM with Mike North. Mike North layed into him pretty good because the deal he rejected was 4 years worth 17 million which would've made him paid like a top coach already. He said it's about more than money and then said the respect is shown by the money you're offered. The Bulls right after that contacted Phil Jackson(reported by the Score and ESPN tv and Radio).

He also said he probably wouldn't coach the Bulls next year if they picked up his option(which is stupid since he should have to because that's the deal he signed a few years back). He kept feeding the Bulls crap about it being just about respect and not about money when it was just about the money. He also tried to give out the notion that JR is a bad guy and that he shouldn't have leaked the numbers(when it wasn't even JR who leaked them).

Skiles is now getting as much money as Larry Brown. He causes problems everywhere he goes. In PHX no one and I mean no one liked him. Here he has caused riff raff with EC, Deng and Gordon.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
He also said he probably wouldn't coach the Bulls next year if they picked up his option

Really?

Glass;

"I am not talking anymore. Scott has a contract. If they pick up his option, he will honor that" (goes against what Kashul reported on CLTV). This is NOT just about the money."

And when was this s*** started with Deng?

Edited by WHarris1

I guess it's the opposite of Ozzie.

The media seems to like Skiles, and as you say, I don't know, but the players are having problems with Skiles.

The media doesn't like Guillen, and it seems the players really like him.

I think it's something that can be dealt with if it equates to winning.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
Really?

Glass;

Yes, he said it today on the Score on Mike North's show and went on about how unfaitful and loyal the Bulls were and talked about how it was going on since February.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 01:20 AM)
He causes problems everywhere he goes. In PHX no one and I mean no one liked him. Here he has caused riff raff with EC, Deng and Gordon.

Jason Kidd and Anfernee Hardaway ain't even trying to her anything that the coach is telling them. I'd be an insufferable prick as well if I were Skiles and I had to coach a bunch of spoiled brats. Thank the lord for guys like Chandler, Duhon, Hinrich, Nocioni, and Deng. If we had the Knicks personnel, Scott would be gawn.

And what about this riff raff with Deng? I could understand if there were problems with our pair of knuckleheads (Curry, Gordon), but I never heard jack s*** about problems with Luol. I sure as hell hope that ain't the case.

Ok I'm listening right now.

Skiles just said that no one in the whole situation should be a vilian. Some serious bashing there. :lolhitting He just says things don't get done and it's no ones fault.

Says Bulls offer was low, their offer was high. Tried to meet in the middle.

Skiles wants to work with Pax 100% and hes a great guy.

Skiles camp was willing to meet in the middle, Bulls weren't. Talks came to a natural ending.

Skiles doesn't want to see JR or JP portrayed as bad guys in this, because there aren't. Well that sure doesn't agree with what you said...

Skiles thinks he could work with Jon for decades. He has a great relationship.

Skiles is grateful the Bulls picked him up.

Skiles says no doubt he can coach under these circumstances, NEVER ONCE SAID HE WOULDNT HONOR THE OPTION, NOT ONCE. ROFLMFAO, Skiles says he can definitely coach this year without a long term deal. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

The only thing he said about loyalty is that coaches aren't treated with too much loyalty. Nothing specific, good call there.

Skiles praising JR for buying out ER and picking up the Deng pick.

Skiles said this could still be fixed. And now we know it was. He says if they met him in the middle he would sign in a minute.

Skiles says that he never ever felt disrespected. Says the situation has been odd.

Skiles doesn't want to get into details so no one gets mad at anyone, it's not a single persons fault. Once again, no one is the vilian, NO ONE!

Skiles never said the situation couldn't be fixed when asked. :lolhitting

Says that neither him nor Jerry deserve being ripped, it's no ones fault, again, like the 100th time.

HE WOULD LIKE TO STAY AS THE BULLS HEAD COACH...using the phrase of course.

26 minutes of quality interview, not one f***ing organization bashing. Hmm...............interesting.

Nothing but complementary of the franchise and the talks ending are no ones fault. WOW

Like to listen for yourself? Maybe you can try and hear the things you thought you heard ealier if you play it backwards.

Edited by WHarris1

He also said he probably wouldn't coach the Bulls next year if they picked up his option(which is stupid since he should have to because that's the deal he signed a few years back).

No he didn't. HE said flat out that he definitely would coach w/o a long term deal.

He also tried to give out the notion that JR is a bad guy and that he shouldn't have leaked the numbers(when it wasn't even JR who leaked them).

No he didn't. He said at least 6 times that it was no ones fault, not him, Glass, JR or Pax. He said no one is a vilian things just weren't working.

Q: Luol Deng has had to answer questions about his so-called lack of athleticism. As a guy who has survived in the league many years without being considered a great athlete, are you tired of hearing that?

Skiles: You’re being kind to say that I wasn’t considered a great athlete. We’re not worried about Luol’s athleticism. He’s a very unique guy. He’s ahead of where we thought he would be already. He has very good basketball instincts. He could shoot the ball. He sees the game, he sees the pictures of the way the game is played and he has length. So we’re not worried. Is he going to have many crowd-pleasing dunks or anything like that? Probably not. But that’s not his game and we really liked him. We think it was something that was tagged on him and it’s not fair.

Aw s*** skiles is a meanie.

Deng was chewed out by coach Scott Skiles for failing to follow a defensive assignment on Carmelo Anthony in the second quarter of the Bulls' 99-81 loss to the Nuggets, the Chicago Tribune reports.

Praise.

Deng seems to have earned regular minutes with his solid play. Said coach Scott Skiles: "It's a simple game for Luol. He's one of those guys that shoots when he's open and passes when he's covered. I know that sounds ridiculously simple, but there are a lot of guys in the league that don't know that."

“You don’t have to look much further than the story of his life to be impressed by this kid,” declared Bulls Head Coach Scott Skiles, the day after the team made Duke University freshman Luol Deng their second pick in the first round (and seventh overall) in this year’s NBA Draft.

The three newest Bulls were immediately dubbed “gym rats” by Paxson and Skiles.

Aka gordon, duhon and deng.

What are you talking about? Nothing but good thing about deng from skiles mouth. Did he possibly b**** out deng before? Did it really hurt dengs feelings that bad?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 05:06 PM)

f*** Phil Jackson. That piece of s*** can kiss my ass. Let me see him do something with a team that doesn't have two of the best 5 players in the NBA.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 01:23 AM)
Yes, he said it today on the Score on Mike North's show and went on about how unfaitful and loyal the Bulls were and talked about how it was going on since February.

Why are you making s*** up? All he did was praise the bulls even though North was giving him s*** the whole interview. He also said he would coach the bulls if his option got picked up.

He said JR and Paxson were good people too... maybe you heard a different interview or made one up?