Scott Skiles

Did not see this mentioned elsewhere....not even in the thread which announced SKiles had closed negs with the Bulls...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

===========

Guess which f*** tard Skiles was referring to here.....yup Cotex boy it seems

"I just wanted to bare my soul a little bit and have him do the same. I don't like to pick up a morning paper and see people bashing the owner of my team. That makes me feel very uncomfortable—let alone bashing me at the same time. It was clear to me it was a situation that was potentially getting very bad that really didn't need to be."

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:30 AM)
Did not see this mentioned elsewhere....not even in the thread which announced SKiles had closed negs with the Bulls...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

===========

Guess which f*** tard Skiles was referring to here.....yup Cotex boy it seems

"I just wanted to bare my soul a little bit and have him do the same. I don't like to pick up a morning paper and see people bashing the owner of my team. That makes me feel very uncomfortable—let alone bashing me at the same time. It was clear to me it was a situation that was potentially getting very bad that really didn't need to be."

I'd bet money it was Sam Smith he was talking about...

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Is everything ok?

I agree with you if they are

Happily, Eddy will probably be having the DNA Test that they're asking for. So we will actually know the answer to that question soon.

With any luck...that contract for Skiles makes signing C & C a lot easier. Both of them now have a guy who can turn them into absolute monsters. We saw that last year.

This team was the 2nd best defensive team in the league, and about 75% of it was due to Skiles. He got Deng to play tough. He worked hard on Gordon. He turned Chandler into a monster in the lane on defense. He still has work to do with Curry...but if Curry's willing to listen to him, then he might be able to play both ends of the floor next year too.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
Happily, Eddy will probably be having the DNA Test that they're asking for.  So we will actually know the answer to that question soon.

With any luck...that contract for Skiles makes signing C & C a lot easier.  Both of them now have a guy who can turn them into absolute monsters.  We saw that last year.

This team was the 2nd best defensive team in the league, and about 75% of it was due to Skiles.  He got Deng to play tough.  He worked hard on Gordon.  He turned Chandler into a monster in the lane on defense.  He still has work to do with Curry...but if Curry's willing to listen to him, then he might be able to play both ends of the floor next year too.

They held teams to the lowest field goal percentage in the league. Field goal percentage is all it comes down to in the end... not the amount of points given up.

I read Kotek boy's column on this & noticed what he left out.

1-Since the Bulls reached the playoffs behind MJ they have been on the most profitable franchises in the NBA. That includes the losing years.

2-Phil Jackson did not just want to coach the Bulls. He wanted to build the team as well. That's the GM's job. It had nothing to do with the $ he was asking. JR would have met that price if Phil would have accepted just being the coach.

3-The White Sox are not one of the most profitable franchises in MLB. They are not even in the top 15. Mentioning them in reference to the Bulls is apples & oranges. How the White Sox operate has nothing to do with Skiles or the Bulls. If JR had the chance to sign a healthy A-Rod or Bonds to 1 yr $30M deal he could not do it. The White Sox could never afford that despite what Kotex boy chooses to believe.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
I read Kotek boy's column on this & noticed what he left out.

1-Since the Bulls reached the playoffs behind MJ they have been on the most profitable franchises in the NBA.  That includes the losing years.

2-Phil Jackson did not just want to coach the Bulls.  He wanted to build the team as well.  That's the GM's job.  It had nothing to do with the $ he was asking.  JR would have met that price if Phil would have accepted just being the coach.

3-The White Sox are not one of the most profitable franchises in MLB.  They are not even in the top 15.  Mentioning them in reference to the Bulls is apples & oranges.  How the White Sox operate has nothing to do with Skiles or the Bulls.  If JR had the chance to sign a healthy A-Rod or Bonds to 1 yr $30M deal he could not do it.  The White Sox could never afford that despite what Kotex boy chooses to believe.

Lost cause, Jug. You can find a multitude of inconsistencies and outright bulls*** in every single one of his columns.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)
To me it sounds like the Bulls called his bluff, and he realized it before it was too late.

I think based on my readings this morning that he actually got a better deal from JR yesterday...

From what I could tell, the Bulls were offering a 3 year contract with a team option on a 4th, and Skiles yesterday got the team to agree to make it a 4 year guaranteed deal.

Either way...I'm glad we're keeping a coach now that we've found one who at least knew how to win a few games.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:53 AM)
They held teams to the lowest field goal percentage in the league. Field goal percentage is all it comes down to in the end... not the amount of points given up.

Well, yeah winning in FG percentage is nice, but you also have to control rebounds and turnovers to keep the points lowest. I consider those topics linked. If you create a lot of turnovers, you give up less shots, and therefore give up less points. If you own the defensive boards (hi Tyson!), you give up less second shot opportunities, and therefore give up less points.

If you don't do those 2 things, then even if you hold FG percentage in check, you still can give up enough points to hurt yourself.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
Well, yeah winning in FG percentage is nice, but you also have to control rebounds and turnovers to keep the points lowest.  I consider those topics linked.  If you create a lot of turnovers, you give up less shots, and therefore give up less points.  If you own the defensive boards (hi Tyson!), you give up less second shot opportunities, and therefore give up less points.

If you don't do those 2 things, then even if you hold FG percentage in check, you still can give up enough points to hurt yourself.

Bulls are a very good rebounding team ( second in the nba) the only thing that kills them are those turnovers( 16.1 per game which was the very worst in the nba).

"I think he deserves it after the job he did," guard Ben Gordon said. "In the end, he got us wins. It was a group effort, but there's good chemistry with [skiles]. It's definitely good to know that I'll be there with someone I've had a year playing for. I know what to expect."

"For me, it's a plus because I know him and know what he expects of me," Curry said. "It's always good to have continuity, both for the organization and the players. There hasn't been a lot of that around here lately."

"Our young guys and our team, they've developed in large part because of Scott's ability to teach the game," Paxson said.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
I think based on my readings this morning that he actually got a better deal from JR yesterday...

From what I could tell, the Bulls were offering a 3 year contract with a team option on a 4th, and Skiles yesterday got the team to agree to make it a 4 year guaranteed deal.

Either way...I'm glad we're keeping a coach now that we've found one who at least knew how to win a few games.

Same deal. He gets 2.75 million next year when he wanted more than 4 million for 4 straight years starting next year. What the Bulls are doing is picking up his option and then giving him 13.25 for the 3 years following that with a 2 million buyout. I heard somewhere that if he gets fired early, he ends up making more dough(already had chem class, so I'm done with numbers for the day). He basically caved in after North made him feel like a jag which is what the whole organization and most Bulls fans were feeling.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:43 PM)
Well, yeah winning in FG percentage is nice, but you also have to control rebounds and turnovers to keep the points lowest.  I consider those topics linked.  If you create a lot of turnovers, you give up less shots, and therefore give up less points.  If you own the defensive boards (hi Tyson!), you give up less second shot opportunities, and therefore give up less points.

Problem is turnovers and the fact that Skiles won't run an offense suitable to his personel's skills. He shouldn't be running pick and rolls with guys(the pickers in this case) who can't hit the jumpshot. The triangle would actually be better suited for this team because it centers around Eddy Curry and opens up guys like Hinrich and Gordon and allows Deng to be the creator(1st option would be Curry, then Deng, which is better because he has a better overall game than Gordon, and then Gordon and Kirk follow that).

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)
HAHAHA @ JR on Comcast

"Jay Mariotti wrote lies, this doesn't suprise me, Jay always makes lies.  I don't care what he says, he says things that are untrue"

The best part was Mariotti's reply...that JR will be hearing from his lawyer.

Man...a guy really has to piss me off to leave me cheering for JR.