Morneau

jerseysox

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:26 PM)
I don't know what goes on in Minnesota, but I just saw that Morneau left the game early on. Does anyone know what happened?

No but if Morneau is injured it makes the division alittle easier to win! :gosox3:

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:26 PM)
I don't know what goes on in Minnesota, but I just saw that Morneau left the game early on. Does anyone know what happened?

The guy is a walking calamity. He gives injury prone a whole new meaning.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:41 PM)
The MLB site that gives you play by play said he left in the top of the fifth with an injured elbow. No further info.

thanks man. probably just got plunked. i'm sure it's not season-ending. but a guy can hope, can't he?

Stolen from an ESPN.com chat:

"News: Justin Morneau was removed in the 5th inning of Thursday's game against Cleveland with a left elbow strain. He was replaced by Matt LeCroy.Analysis: Morneau will be re-evaluated after the game. The extent of his injury is unknown at this time."

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
Stolen from an ESPN.com chat:

"News: Justin Morneau was removed in the 5th inning of Thursday's game against Cleveland with a left elbow strain. He was replaced by Matt LeCroy.Analysis: Morneau will be re-evaluated after the game. The extent of his injury is unknown at this time."

If he was plunked, i dont think they would call it a strain. I think it would be called a bruise. Strain sounds to me like he landed on it funny.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)
If he was plunked, i dont think they would call it a strain.  I think it would be called a bruise. Strain sounds to me like he landed on it funny.

I think it m ore than likely had to be related to a swing - he grounded out in the half of the inning before he was replaced. I doubt he had to dive or anything, but I didn't actually see the play.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
Punto just went down with some sort of hamstring injury.  Too bad he hit that 2-run homer first.

damn, those guys are dropping like flies on a twinkie

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
damn, those guys are dropping like flies on a twinkie

i was going to say they are going down like hookers in the back of a movie theatre, but yours is good too.

morneau is simply day-to-day, just like the rest of us ;)

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
i was going to say they are going down like hookers in the back of a movie theatre, but yours is good too.

morneau is simply day-to-day, just like the rest of us ;)

What theater do you go to?

:D

Edited by marsh

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
well not really, b4 just had a bad infection, than got beamed in the head... more bad luck than injury prone.

The guy has a black cloud over his head. He is prone to get injured.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
If he was plunked, i dont think they would call it a strain.  I think it would be called a bruise. Strain sounds to me like he landed on it funny.

It's usually from throwing or holding up a swing. I believe he is a lefty so it would be his back arm. Typically you don't get that. It's usually the front arm. Did he do it while in the field?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
If Uribe's shot had been a few feet to the right...

Now if that was Lew Ford he hits a double to right center and keeps the conga line running. Uribe swings for the fences and tomahawks a ball over his head. Thats why our comeback fizzled out and thats why their team keeps chugging.