Allow me to open a big, fat can of worms.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
If the Cubs were completely healthy, they would be a better team than the Sox. Discuss.

Yeah, you say this now that they've won 6 in a row? OK

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
If the Cubs were completely healthy, they would be a better team than the Sox. Discuss.

to be a better team they would have to be at least 36-17. They have no closer , healthy or not. not worth discussing

I actually agree because when healthy, their pitching is as good as ours and their O is so much better.

I actually think there is a chance we see an all Chicago WS this year. Call me crazy, but after the Bo Sox win last year, all bets are off now.

Neifi Perez is an upgrade from Nomar defensively, and he certainly hasn't hurt them offensively. Wood is mediocre, despite the hype.

Prior being out hurts them most.

Cubs have better players at 1B and 3B, but outside those 2 positions, I'm not sure where you could call them better.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
to be a better team they would have to be at least 36-17.  They have no closer , healthy or not.  not worth discussing

I didn't realize the season was only 53 games long. I don't think record is indicative of the best and worst teams yet.

Simply put, the last 20 games the Sox have been playing like crap.

OK, I'll take the bait.

Their lineup sucks at least as bad as ours. And, their starting pitching is ridiculously overrated. I like Mark Prior as a talent but in reality what has he actually accomplished as a Major League Pitcher. And, Kerry Wood has been around for years and still not done s***. It's all about performance and even at their best the Cubs rotation doesn't match up with our rotation.

Finally, their bullpen is one big collossal disaster.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
Fact remains their bullpen blows balls...

If Borowski returns to being good, Remlinger comes back, Prior and Wood get healthy, and Williamson gets healthy, that is not true. Once their starters get healthy (if they do), it trickles down to the BP.

Starters

Wood

Prior

Zambrano

Maddux

Rusch

BP

Remlinger

Borowski

Dempster

Scott Williamson

QUOTE(thomsonmi @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
OK, I'll take the bait.

Their lineup sucks at least as bad as ours.  And, their starting pitching is ridiculously overrated.  I like Mark Prior as a talent but in reality what has he actually accomplished as a Major League Pitcher.  And, Kerry Wood has been around for years and still not done s***.  It's all about performance and even at their best the Cubs rotation doesn't match up with our rotation.

Finally, their bullpen is one big collossal disaster.

I agree Wood is overrated, probably the most overrated starter in the game. I agree their bullpen blows. We have plenty of holes there two, just not in the closer spot. Contreras is still iffy at best in my opinion.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
If Borowski returns to being good, Remlinger comes back, Prior and Wood get healthy, and Williamson gets healthy, that is not true. Once their starters get healthy (if they do), it trickles down to the BP.

Starters

Wood

Prior

Zambrano

Maddux

Rusch

BP

Remlinger

Borowski

Dempster

Scott Williamson

I count 5 "if's" in that statement. That saids it all for me.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
I think it's an interesting debate, that's all. Lee is having a mammoth season, Ramirez is certainly a better 3b option than Crede, Nomar is a seriously SS upgrade, Walker is a good offensive 2b, and the Starters are really close comparitively.

He may be but not this year right now he isnt even playing and when he left what was his BA.

All there is to know about Nomar is that the Red Sox won the WS after they dumped him. The guy is done. Believe it or not, I'd rather have Uribe than him.

And, Todd Walker can't wear Tadahito's jock strap. Hell, I think I'd take Willie over Walker. Walker is a terrible fielder.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)

Starters

Wood

Prior

Zambrano

Maddux

Rusch

BP

Remlinger

Borowski

Dempster

Scott Williamson

Wood-never won 15 games

Prior-never healthy

Zambrano, pitching like last year was over his head

Maddux-done

Rusch-horrible

As for their lineup-they have the most unbalance and incomplete lineup in their division. No lead-off hitter, terrible fundamentals, cant even bunt. Their coaching is horrendous, their defense is below average, should I say more.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:32 PM)

when the Toronto Series started. I said to myslef I would be happy if the sox would go 13-13 over the stretch of games that just ended here with anaheim here at home. The sox went 14-11 with one rain out. Im happy with that. You play .500 against the good teams and win the majority of the easy games.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
Wood-never won 15 games

Prior-never healthy

Zambrano, pitching like last year was over his head

Maddux-done

Rusch-horrible

As for their lineup-they have the most unbalance and incomplete lineup in their division.  No lead-off hitter, terrible fundamentals, cant even bunt.  Their coaching is horrendous, their defense is below average, should I say more.

Can we really make fun of their coaching after what ozzie did last night lol

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:32 PM)
I didn't realize the season was only 53 games long. I don't think record is indicative of the best and worst teams yet.

How is 11-9 against 3 first place teams and our cross town rival crappy? Jesus. Talk to me about the Cubs after this month is over after they play some real teams. Remember, they haven't played the Cardinals once yet. We've got a much better record against stronger teams. Even if they are healthy, our staff has been performing better, their offense is not that good outside of Lee, and their pen is crap.

QUOTE(thomsonmi @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 01:35 PM)
All there is to know about Nomar is that the Red Sox won the WS after they dumped him.  The guy is done.  Believe it or not, I'd rather have Uribe than him.

And, Todd Walker can't wear Tadahito's jock strap.  Hell, I think I'd take Willie over Walker.  Walker is a terrible fielder.

I too, would rather have Uribe over Nomar. High salary or not.