Cleveland Indians@Chicago Whitesox 6-3-05

kman

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
not ozzie's fault.

duke's fault.

Yes it is Hernandez's fault. However, Crisp should have never had anything good to hit that AB. That directive should have come from Ozzie and Cooper.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
Give the guy a break, his computer is frozen up.  Sox pitching refuses to make Crisp move his feet, home run off the foul pole on a belt high inside half fastball.

DJ was just commenting you need to go down and in on Crisp or just slightly high out of the strike zone.  El Duque cannot make those kind of mistakes, a horrible pitch on his part.

didn't mean to sound like an ass.

just this isn't the best place if your looking to follow a game, this is more for comments/discussions

QUOTE(valponick @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
I would honestly feel more comfortable with BMac being the 5th starter for the rest of the year, at least he throws strikes and listens to his catcher and pitching coach.

Hernandez at Colorado next week will not be pretty.

Guest JimH
Yes it is Hernandez's fault.  However, Crisp should have never had anything good to hit that AB.  That directive should have come from Ozzie and Cooper.

The fastball inside was called for, that is what he threw. He missed his spot out over the plate. I will assume that one finger down and pointed inward means throw the fastball inside.

That HR is no one's fault but El Duque, he missed his spot and furthermore, he was the one who hit a guy and walked a guy that inning. Blame goes where blame belongs.

Guest JimH
didn't mean to sound like an ass.

just this isn't the best place if your looking to follow a game, this is more for comments/discussions

I'm not sure that's the case. I often follow the game here if I'm working online and can't have the TV or radio on. There's nothing wrong with providing a little play by play. Plus, maybe it's just me and some of my friends on this board, but we frequently have trouble getting into and staying with the chat. Plus to be honest it's a little more civilized in the game thread.

You did not sound like an ass, just wanted to point out various people are present in the game thread for various reasons.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
The fastball inside was called for, that is what he threw.  He missed his spot out over the plate.  I will assume that one finger down and pointed inward means throw the fastball inside.

That HR is no one's fault but El Duque, he missed his spot and furthermore, he was the one who hit a guy and walked a guy that inning.  Blame goes where blame belongs.

How many times are we going to throw Crisp inside fastballs, only to have him turn on them and drive them down the line? Hernandez has had no control on his inside fastballs all game. It's sad when we have to pray for a starting pitcher to get a single batter out.

Guest JimH

They need to get this run in and take back some momentum. Also I did not like the Coco Crisp and Victor Martinez showboating in the Indians dugout after the HR.

El duque is not good, and has not been good for the last few outings. The big test is how long Ozzie goes with him, he could let this get out of hand quickly. He was spotted a four run lead and choked on it. something is still wrong with the guy. This is a big inning for him. he lets a run in here and its downhill.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 07:11 PM)
They need to get this run in and take back some momentum.  Also I did not like the Coco Crisp and Victor Martinez showboating in the Indians dugout after the HR.

Well I would suggest that Duque hit them... but he's already tried that!!

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 08:11 PM)
They need to get this run in and take back some momentum.  Also I did not like the Coco Crisp and Victor Martinez showboating in the Indians dugout after the HR.

Happens every time they score a run. Hernandez has a different hand shake for every player on the team. I think he should be more worried about hitting than coming up with a new hand shake. I might be alone on that though.

Guest JimH
How many times are we going to throw Crisp inside fastballs, only to have him turn on them and drive them down the line?  Hernandez has had no control on his inside fastballs all game.  It's sad when we have to pray for a starting pitcher to get a single batter out.

Good point - maybe they need to get farther in and make him move his feet. He looks way too comfortable up there. I recall quite a few hits by that guy where he went the other way.

ok, ok. so el duque has some problems right now. we all knew this magnificent starting pitching wasn't going to last, and we all knew that el duque was aging and injury prone.

assuming el duque is going to be like this from now on, the question becomes what should we do?

if he's just going to get knocked around for four runs in six innings most of the time, are we better off with mccarthy every fifth day? perhaps a four-man rotation is the answer, but i don't think so.

i say if el duque isn't right or is just showing his age and takes a dump in his next start, it might be time to get mccarthy up for good.

Guest JimH
El duque is not good, and has not been good for the last few outings. The big test is how long Ozzie goes with him, he could let this get out of hand quickly. He was spotted a four run lead and choked on it. something is still wrong with the guy. This is a big inning for him. he lets a run in here and its downhill.

His stuff looks ok. I think it's in his head.