Preton Wilson to the Sox????

Cubs Suck23

Todays Denver post

The Rockies are bracing for a future without Preston Wilson since he junked his brace eight days ago.

For the first time since undergoing multiple surgeries last season, Wilson is playing with a naked left knee. A return of his defensive aggressiveness and offensive power followed, an encouraging development as suitors begin attempting to piece together a trade for the center fielder.

"I just decided to go for it," said Wilson, who has a six-team no-trade clause. "It feels great. I finally feel closer to my old self."

Without the bulky brace, Wilson's range immediately improved. He tracked down several long flyballs at Wrigley Field and continues adjusting routes when necessary, something not seen earlier this season.

"There's no comparison," outfield coach Dave Collins said. "I noticed a difference right away with his first step. He's able to go back on the ball much better."

Wilson believes the brace also affected his hitting because of the slight weight involved. Counting Thursday's ninth-inning pinch-hit single, he's 8-for-25 without the brace, including three home runs and six RBIs.

Wilson assumes he will be traded - Atlanta, Florida, the Mets, White Sox and Baltimore are potential fits - and the market has become more active over the past few days.

"It's out of my control," Wilson said. "When they tell me it's time to go, I will go."

Reviewing options

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 08:26 AM)
How are the White Sox a fit for Preston Wilson?  We are already trying to figure out what to do with Everett when Frank is actually healthy enough to play, what would we do with Wilson?

Great minds ... :D

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 07:26 AM)
How are the White Sox a fit for Preston Wilson?  We are already trying to figure out what to do with Everett when Frank is actually healthy enough to play, what would we do with Wilson?

Not to mention if we trade for Wilson how is Timo gonna get enough at bats?

We aren't. Preston Wilson is just a more expensive version of Jermaine Dye that has some speed and can play CF. We aren't going to add another outfielder when we already have 4 that can start -- Podsednik, Rowand, Dye, and Everett -- and our DH is finally healthy. It would make absolutely no sense. Making a move for Eric Chavez, on the other hand...

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
Bullpen, put him in Garland's spot in the starting rotation becasue Jon is turing into Judy again.

Watch out with that bullpen comment! If Jeff Brantley saw that, he wouldn't stop writing to you about Hermanson being better than Timo :D

And there's no room for Wilson here unless KW's able to con the Rockies into taking Dye AND Timo (Which at that point, he should win AL Exec of the yr right on the spot!)

Edited by Allsox

QUOTE(Allsox @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 10:20 AM)
Watch out with that bullpen comment! If Jeff Brantley saw that, he wouldn't stop writing to you about Hermanson being better than Timo :D

And there's no room for Wilson here unless KW's able to con the Rockies into taking Dye AND Timo (Which at that point, he should win AL Exec of the yr right on the spot!)

That's too much for Wilson. Timo has to stay out of the deal. First bench player to win MVP ever. KW will be AL Worst Exec of the year if he included Timo.