Why would the Sox trade BMac?

wilmot825

All the talk is about Chavez for Crede and BMac. I do not know why the Sox are considering trading BMac because he is the future SP in the rotation. Chavez is batting a .218 with 4 hrs this year, Crede is struggling but not that bad. When the Sox make the playoff push they will need to beef up that bullpen. Cotts, Vizciano, and Shingo are doing bad this year; so the Sox should try to get Danys Baez. He is a stud out of the pen and if he does not work then how about, Brandon Lyon from ARI. Think about it, good pen can get you far, and by the way Crede has amazing defense.

QUOTE(wilmot825 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
All the talk is about Chavez for Crede and BMac. I do not know why the Sox are considering trading BMac because he is the future SP in the rotation. Chavez is batting a .218 with 4 hrs this year, Crede is struggling but not that bad. When the Sox make the playoff push they will need to beef up that bullpen. Cotts, Vizciano, and Shingo are doing bad this year; so the Sox should try to get Danys Baez. He is a stud out of the pen and if he does not work then how about, Brandon Lyon from ARI. Think about it, good pen can get you far, and by the way Crede has amazing defense.

For a better chance at a World Series. Duh. You are not going to get Lyon from ARI, so throw that out the window. Baez is an expensive reliever. BMac isn't going to lead us anywhere in the postseason this year. That's my opinion on it. When you have a year like the White Sox are having and you just need a couple of pieces, I think you have to put almost all your fruits in this basket and go for it. I'm not saying we should trade the whole farm, but if BMac gets us a superstar player, I would do it. We still have guys like Gio Gonzalez.

QUOTE(wilmot825 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 02:09 PM)

Future Future Future, the future is now. This is the best start the sox have had since YOU have been a fan. The best thing to do now is try to win now. Chavez not only would bring gold glove defense, but a proven lefthanded bat in the lineup. BMAC is a good pitcher, he may turn into a good #3 starter for the sox, but at the same time, he is a flyball pitcher who gives up too many hr's, not a good thing in our stadium. Secondly, he is extremely unproven at this level. 2 starts, one good, one terrible. He could turn into another ok pitcher, when you could've traded him for one of the best 3B out there. I understand alot of people get the "its mine" sydrome with our prospects, but proven players are worth more than prospects, because they are already proven.

Personally, I think they should go after Mackowiak. He is hitting great this season and he is a Chicago area native. Seems like they could get him for a lot less than Chavez. I'd take Randa as well. Always hated that bastard as a Royal.

However, if you can make a deal that gives this team a better chance to win the WORLD SERIES this year, DO IT!

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
Personally, I think they should go after Mackowiak.  He is hitting great this season and he is a Chicago area native.  Seems like they could get him for a lot less than Chavez.  I'd take Randa as well.  Always hated that bastard as a Royal.

However, if you can make a deal that gives this team a better chance to win the WORLD SERIES this year, DO IT!

Mack plays a pretty crappy 3B though, he is thought of as better in the OF than in the IF, and we already have a log jam in the OF.

QUOTE(wilmot825 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 02:09 PM)
I do not know why the Sox are considering trading BMac because he is the future SP in the rotation.

This is a RUMOR...there is no truth to this statement. No one on this board has said the Sox are considering it...we are just talking about a RUMOR. The Sox may have marked BMac as untouchable. We don't know for sure.

That being said...I am for anything that gets us 1 f***ing world series ring...

Edited by tonyho7476

Guest JimH

Love the chaveztalk.com reference, that is hilarious!

If the deal was absolutely perfect, I don't think KW would hesitate dealing any of the prospects ... including McCarthy, Anderson, Sweeney, Gio.

That being said I think the odds of any of the four being dealt this year are very very remote.

McCarthy is likely not a future ace. He can become a solid starting pitcher in the majors, but he needs to change his fastball (sink/velocity) in order to ever come close to living up to the expectations many have for him here. For the right player, I'd have no problem trading McCarthy.

Why not trade BMac for a proven major league player that is of allstar caliber? We already know what to expect from Chavez, and we don't even know if BMac will be good. IF we were to make this trade, which involed BMac being sent to Oakland, it would be a steal for us if Brandon doesn't pan out to what he is susposed to, and if he does, o well, we got an all star third basemen in return.

Edited by sayitanitso

Based on what we've seen of him in ST, ML, & ml BMac has a solid shot at being a #1/#2 pitcher in the AL. Not an ace but Garcia like quality. With his mindset there is potential for him to emerge as an ace. He has better stuff than Garland.

That is too high of a price to pay for a $58/5 yr all-star, gold glove 3B who is struggling offensive with a Kendall, Chavez, Hatteberg middle. Kenny's got other chips to spend to get Chavez.

El Duque has proven himself in the league as both a RP & SP. That gives the WSox the ability to make use of the SP depth (BMac) to shore up the pen. That also gives us the option of including Politte/Cotts in a trade to shore up the lineup. Beane is always in the market to get good cheap RP.

But this is speculation because Anderson is a below 900 OPS AAA player.

Until he can reach that plateau I don't see Beane biting.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 02:34 PM)
Love the chaveztalk.com reference, that is hilarious!

If the deal was absolutely perfect, I don't think KW would hesitate dealing any of the prospects ... including McCarthy, Anderson, Sweeney, Gio.

That being said I think the odds of any of the four being dealt this year are very very remote.

Thanks Jim, I stole it from another member :ph34r:

I dont think he is going to deal BMAC or Anderson either, although I wish he would. I do, however, think everyone else in the system is vulnerable to KW's sword.

Can every thread turn into a f***ing Chavez thread.....i mean serioulsy....that "f***ing" was needed..........Sometimes i like to read about the White Sox not the Green Sox.......its not gonna happen everyone get over it.....yea I am gonna guarentee this WILL NOT happen.....you can put that on the f***ing board......ok with that guarentee being said I dont think anymore repeat (threads/posts) have to be read ANYMORE

Edited by DABearSoX