The Problem with Timo Perez

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider17 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
He seems to be a good clutch hitter ..... and that's it.  He's very slow and his fielding sucks.

Timo seems to be a good clutch hitter because he is put into key spots by our manager, who seemingly trusts him more than about 90 pct of our team. Before Monday's hit, Timo was having just a miserable season in clutch situations.

QUOTE(southsider17 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
He seems to be a good clutch hitter ..... and that's it.  He's very slow and his fielding sucks.

he hit a lot of clutch hits last year it seems... this year besides the angels he hasnt been clutch at all... with that hit against the angels i think it makes him 1 out of 8 in pinch hit situations.

Timo may be a team player, but given the picture he should be the odd man out. He’s the team’s sixth-best outfielder, the 15th-best hitter and the 23rd-best first baseman, give or take a couple of spots.

:lol:

I can usually come up with some sort of reasonable rationalization for every move made by Ozzie, even though some may be a stretch, but I can think of no reason whatsoever for the Sox keeping Perez on the roster. Attempting to rationalize such a non-move would involve going outside the realm of baseball, and all this board's remarks about gay lovers, secret tapes and other methods of blackmail are about the only things that would actually make sense.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
He handles routine plays like DeAngelo Jimenez.  I hate the way he approaches the game.

Exactly. Hell, Timo probably loved playing first base. Besides catcher, it's the only other position where you're allowed to use one hand catching the ball without drawing the ire of the fans. Timo acts like he's the s*** out on the field......but in reality, he's just s***.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
he hit a lot of clutch hits last year it seems... this year besides the angels he hasnt been clutch at all... with that hit against the angels i think it makes him 1 out of 8 in pinch hit situations.

That hit didn't come as a pinch hitter. he already had an at bat earlier.

Guest JimH

It's fascinating reading all this venom for a fringe OF who has such a small role on the team.

Personally I think the whole bench situation will be shuffled very soon.

QUOTE(southsider17 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)

yah hes clutch alright, clutch for the other team

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)
It's fascinating reading all this venom for a fringe OF who has such a small role on the team.

Personally I think the whole bench situation will be shuffled very soon.

Small role which he cannot succeed at. If it was ozzie's choice we would have a whole team full of timo's.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 01:42 PM)

Timo sucks

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 01:48 PM)
Small role which he cannot succeed at. If it was ozzie's choice we would have a whole team full of timo's.

For such a small role he has 61 AB's which is the most from a role player and has been in 28 games, 13 less than AJ.

He has more K's than hits.

Edited by southsideirish71