• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
0.3 of an inning.

I think he struck someone out, too. Someone that wasn't very good, IIRC, but that probably goes without saying. I checked, Sheldon's been out of baseball for 4 years now. He's 37, I thought the guy that did it was young...apparently not.

Timo Perez is a player that belongs in the NL. I can only see him as someone who comes in for the pitcher and is used in double switches because he is not someone i'd want batting four times in 1 game. *He IS NOT an everyday player. *

I don't even like him on our bench cause his offense in not good and he is not appealing in the field either. Its true that he is a clutch hitter sometimes but i would much rather have Gload in his spot who can hit for decent numbers for a bench guy and is a good defensive player. :gosox1:

Well Bruuuce Levine was on MJH and Jurko said oh well Timo will be send down when Gload comes off. Bruuuce stated that he is out of options and you will lose him. A comment to the effect of "HE GAWN" was sounded by Jurko, then Bruuce said well Ozzie believes that Timo is very important to this team and wouldnt want to risk him to waivers.

:uhoh Sounds like Timo is going to stay and Willie or Pabo will be gone. Thanks Ozzie. You are using the wrong head to think again.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
Well Bruuuce Levine was on MJH and Jurko said oh well Timo will be send down when Gload comes off.  Bruuuce stated that he is out of options and you will lose him.  A comment to the effect of "HE GAWN" was sounded by Jurko, then Bruuce said well Ozzie believes that Timo is very important to this team and wouldnt want to risk him to waivers.

:uhoh Sounds like Timo is going to stay and Willie or Pabo will be gone.  Thanks Ozzie.  You are using the wrong head to think again.

Timo is going nowhere. There's not a doubt in my mind. Ozzie values Timo as much as anyone else on our team.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
Timo is going nowhere.  There's not a doubt in my mind.  Ozzie values Timo as much as anyone else on our team.

If Borchard was latin he would probably be up now playing in RF based on this.

Thanks Ozzie. Way to double speak.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
If Borchard was latin he would probably be up now playing in RF based on this. 

Thanks Ozzie.  Way to double speak.

I've caught a lot of heat on this board for saying that if Timo wasn't a latino/hispanic player, he'd be off the team by now. I know that's a pretty controversial statement....but it's something I honestly believe in.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
I've caught a lot of heat on this board for saying that if Timo wasn't a latino/hispanic player, he'd be off the team by now.  I know that's a pretty controversial statement....but it's something I honestly believe in.

Pablo is latin.

Bye Bye Willie. Too bad your last name wasnt Harrisriquez.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
Well Bruuuce Levine was on MJH and Jurko said oh well Timo will be send down when Gload comes off.  Bruuuce stated that he is out of options and you will lose him.  A comment to the effect of "HE GAWN" was sounded by Jurko, then Bruuce said well Ozzie believes that Timo is very important to this team and wouldnt want to risk him to waivers.

:uhoh Sounds like Timo is going to stay and Willie or Pabo will be gone.  Thanks Ozzie.  You are using the wrong head to think again.

Ozzie is wrong...

No team even gave Chris singleton a look after he got Waived recently... He's making half of what Timo did, and producing the same (minimally) if not better. (actually looking for verification on that, Singleton was outrighted. I think that's a different process. Sigleton opted for Free Agency after being outrighted, but will still draw a full salary from TB because he wasn't dropped in the first 45 days of the season)

Timo has an OPS+ of 74 and 58 the last two years, and a career mark of 81. His best days are behind him (Am I the only one who thinks he may have a forged B-day too?)

Singleton, for comparisons sake, has an OPS+ of 87 and 75 the last two years, and a career mark of 88+. His best days are behind him too.

No team wanted a 32 year old 5th OFer who pretty much sucks for $550K, why would a team want a 30(?) year old 5th OFer who pretty much sucks for $1M?

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
Ozzie is wrong...

No team even gave Chris singleton a look after he got Waived recently... He's making half of what Timo did, and producing the same (minimally) if not better. (actually looking for verification on that, Singleton was outrighted. I think that's a different process. Sigleton opted for Free Agency after being outrighted, but  will still draw a full salary from TB because he wasn't dropped in the first 45 days of the season)

Timo has an OPS+ of 74 and 58 the last two years, and a career mark of 81. His best days are behind him (Am I the only one who thinks he may have a forged B-day too?)

Singleton, for comparisons sake, has an OPS+ of 87 and 75 the last two years, and a career mark of 88+. His best days are behind him too.

No team wanted a 32 year old 5th OFer who pretty much sucks for $550K, why would a team want a 30(?) year old 5th OFer who pretty much sucks for $1M?

Logic doesnt follow suit here. I

But last year watching Thriller march out over and over well into July after he screamed for release. Everytime I watched him give up homer after homer. It was just a logical decision. Yet they kept with him because he is a competitor. Bad players+bad results does not help the team.

Well of the guys who are out of options (I think) and are candidates to be waived, Here's my completely subjective opinion on their likelihood of passing through waivers.

Timo - 90%

Gload - 40%

Ozuna - 35% -- Though I really don't have a good guage on him because any team could have had him prior to the season

Willie - 5% -- Almost every team in baseball would find a spot on the roster for him.

Vizcaino - 25% -- He's probably not as bad as we think, and lots of teams are looking for bullpen help including us.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
Well of the guys who are out of options (I think) and are candidates to be waived, Here's my completely subjective opinion on their likelihood of passing through waivers.

Timo - 90%

Gload - 40%

Ozuna - 35% -- Though I really don't have a good guage on him because any team could have had him prior to the season

Willie - 5% -- Almost every team in baseball would find a spot on the roster for him.

Vizcaino - 25% -- He's probably not as bad as we think, and lots of teams are looking for bullpen help including us.

You are trying to use logic here.

Timo is very slow. Timo cannot get on base. So lets bat Timo leadoff when Pods is out. This is crazy, yet happened a few times.

Timo is short, Timo doesnt play INF, Timo doest have a 1st baseman glove, lets play him at 1st.

Timo is our first option off the bench. Timo is everywhere. Timo and his .197 BA and terrible OBP are obviously some of the "playing the game the right way" that ozzie looks for in a player.

If we are trying to view this with logic, here is another thing. We have Ross Gload hiting .345 in his rehab start. We are playing a team where we could use a good left handed bat for pinch hitting. A good glove in the late innings at first. Gload is ready to come off the DL. He hasnt been activated. Why?

Edited by southsideirish71

I know you don't want me to use more logic, but think about this one for a second...

The Twins are starting a middle infield tonight of Juan Castro and Brent Abernathy. Could you imagine the Sox waiving Willie, then the f***ing Twins picking him up to platoon with little Nicky Putno when he comes off the DL?

Willie would be a force if he learned to play the turf... Look what it did for Christian F'n Guzman. I know it's a small sample size, but Willie's batted .313 on the turf on his career. I would think that he would be able to post a Orlando Hudson type line(minus the power), with similar defense up there.

/I just puked in my mouth a little.