The Problem with Timo Perez

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)
I know you don't want me to use more logic, but think about this one for a second...

The Twins are starting a middle infield tonight of Juan Castro and Brent Abernathy.  Could you imagine the Sox waiving Willie, then the f***ing Twins picking him up to platoon with little Nicky Putno when he comes off the DL?

Willie would be a force if he learned to play the turf... Look what it did for Christian F'n Guzman.  I know it's a small sample size, but Willie's batted .313 on the turf on his career. I would think that he would be able to post a Orlando Hudson type line(minus the power), with similar defense up there.

/I just puked in my mouth a little.

If they sox get rid of willie, ozzie should be hung

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 06:08 PM)
Willie won't be going anywhere.  It'll probably be Pablo or Timo.

Pablo cant go down or he has to go through waivers, and Timo is ozzies love theres no other move!

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
It's fascinating reading all this venom for a fringe OF who has such a small role on the team.

Personally I think the whole bench situation will be shuffled very soon.

A lot of people turned on him this year, last year he was actually pretty loved by mostly everyone on this board and there were a few(GHC, qwerty, aboz) who never liked him to begin with but besides them mostly everyone here liked him. He hasn't been good this year, no doubt but the few hits he does have, have been pretty big( homer again the twins, bases loaded bunt, game winning hit against the angels) and yes I know he couldn't hit a sac fly to win the game vs. Detroit a while back but that's really the only time he hasn't produced under pressure and many others have done that. Don't get me wrong I think Timo should be the odd man out because I think willie and pablo add much more to the team then Timo does but I definitely don't think he's as bad as most but that's jmo and I'm not trying to start an argument here because I know everyone disagrees with me.