Brantley, again.

BobDylan

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 03:21 AM)
Fact is he's right and that's how most White Sox fans were thinking during the game.

Brantley b****ed out Ozzie for not taking Buehrle out of a game in which he was cruising and at 91 pitches. He's obnoxious and annoying.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 12:20 AM)
Brantley b****ed out Ozzie for not taking Buehrle out of a game in which he was cruising and at 91 pitches.  He's obnoxious and annoying.

He said he should've taken out Buehrle after he gave up the leadoff hit. I tend to agree. He also said you should get your closer in there in a save situation. Ozzie didn't. It wasn't before the inning started, it was after the first hit Brantley said Hermy should go in.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 02:48 AM)
I think Brantley was being sarcastic by saying he did not know Hermy could get a LH out. In some sense, he was taking a shot at the Ozzie for MOnday again

What he seems to conveniently forget is the Sox won that game Monday and that's all that counts in the standings.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 02:36 AM)
He said he should've taken out Buehrle after he gave up the leadoff hit. I tend to agree. He also said you should get your closer in there in a save situation. Ozzie didn't. It wasn't before the inning started, it was after the first hit Brantley said Hermy should go in.

Supposedly, Hermy told Ozzie he couldn't pitch. So its not fair to rip him on that.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 12:36 AM)

I seem to remember Ozzie being criticized last year for bringing in Shingo only in save situations, instead of bringing him in to try to win the game.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
Yeah, the way Hawk was defending Ozzie tonight was flat out nasty. I didn't like it and hope no one wonders why the Sox can't do good with the national media. Hawk acted like a total ass tonight. All Ozzie should've done was shake his hand and leave. He didn't have to say anything.

Did Ozzie say anything outside of "good for you"? Whats so bad about that?

Hawk was going overboard in his defense of Ozzie, this is very true.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
:huh I don't understand how the thread starter didn't know it was sarcasm. It was that obvious. Didn't Oz say in the post game that Hermy's back was stiff ? If that is the case  why does Brantley  continue to take potshots at OZ ?

Because I didn't know Brantley's original words with Ozzie. I didn't give a rat's ass, therefore I didn't pay attention.

Brantley has been anti-White Sox ever since he appeared on ESPN. He was ripping the Contreras/ELo trade last year talking up ELo like he was a 500 game winner. It was unbelievable. Of course, he never mentioned how wrong he was when ELo struggled and was almost traded again out of NY. I just don't pay any attention to him anymore. There must have been something in his playing days that has him holding a grudge.