Lineup with Frank back...

Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 12:38 AM)
Rowand has been killing the ball while batting third this season.  He now has a .284 AVG with a .343 OBP.  Do you keep him batting third and bat Frank cleanup a la the Maggs/Frank duo of last season?

In a word: yes.

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 08:16 AM)
I like

Podsednik

Iguchi

Thomas

Konerko

Rowand

Dye

Pierzynski

Crede

Uribe

Thomas should be 3rd b/c of his high OBP.

Also, I really like this idea of Dye learning to play 1st for next year.

I like that lineup as well. Except Crede should be 9th and Uribe 8th. Frank's high OBP should be at #3. He'll give PK and Rowand RBI opportunities there

Frank will be in the #3 spot. Only 9 games ago, Rowand was at .261/.320/.391. He's caugth fire the last week. Yet Everett and Frank [for 1 game] were in the #3 spot for most of his hot streak, Rowand only hitting 3rd the last 3 games.

The sox should go with Frank's high OBP and SLG [which can be over .400 and close to .600 respectively when healthy]. Aaron's .484 slg in the 3rd spot won't cut it.

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 02:16 AM)
I like

Podsednik

Iguchi

Thomas

Konerko

Rowand

Dye

Pierzynski

Crede

Uribe

Thomas should be 3rd b/c of his high OBP.

Also, I really like this idea of Dye learning to play 1st for next year.

I don't like this lineup. Thomas and Konerko = GDP record. I like ARow at the 4, but I could see why he would be a 3. Konerko should be behind Dye right now.

1. Podzilla

2. Iguchi

3. Thomas

4. Rowand

5. Dye

6. Konerko

7. AJ

8. Uribe

9. Crede

I know not the best power from the four hole, but when you have 4 guys like that who can get on base.... :wub:

And although it would never happen, I would drop Konerko in the line-up. Dye is more of a complete hitter as of now and Konerko with all power may be best suited for that 6 hole.

You've only got 2 LHB in the lineup. Everett is like 1/2 a LHB. I don't like Crede at #9 because he offers nothing for Pods. Uribe will get Pods better pitches so I like Uribe at #9.

For me a linuep is all about who's going to help who else the most.

Uribe(9), Pods(1), Guch(2), Thomas/Everett(3)

Uribe benefits from Pods, Pods benefits from Guch, & Guch benefits from Thomas. No easy outs there & they all should see good pitches.

Rowand(4), Koney(5), Dye(6), AJ(7), Crede(8)

You don't get much room to manuever here. You can't have the two slowest guys go b-2-b (Koney, AJ). Koney is more likely to hit a GB than a FB so you need some speed hitting ahead of him. You can use Rowand in a hit & run sit but not Thomas/Everett.

Crede is a hole and can't be helped so put him at 8th.