White Sox FINALLY send 9 men to the plate?!?

RibbieRubarb

After the game, there was interesting stat posted on the scoreboard graphic on the TV broadcast.

The White Sox were the last team in MLB this season to bat around in an inning.

I knew we hadn't many big innings like previous years, but...wow.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 12:06 AM)
I thought Ozzie ball was supposed to put us up there, not at the dweller of these stats.

In a way it has. I remember the Sox and Boston were the only teams not to have been shut out. Of course, now we have been, but Ozzie ball has succeeded in putting up at least some runs each game.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 01:03 PM)
They still haven't sent nine, they've sent seven and a corpse and a turd named Crede. :P

Didn't the corpse get a hit? If I got the right guy he went 3 for 4 with 2 Ribs if I recall. The turd started 2 double plays and caught a tough pop up at an important time.

BTW, Pabst Blue Ribbon was originally developed to kill Sheephead in the Wisconsin river.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
Didn't the corpse get a hit?  If I got the right guy he went 3 for 4 with 2 Ribs if I recall.  The turd started 2 double plays and caught a tough pop up at an important time.

BTW, Pabst Blue Ribbon was originally developed to kill Sheephead in the Wisconsin river.

Thanks for all of the interesting information.

For all the criticism the offense has gone through they're still 15th in baseball in runs scored and have basically come up with every clutch hit when they've needed to. The ba and the obp aren't great but you don't win games by having great stats, you win games by getting the clutch hit when you need to get it. Besides the last 7 games of the recent road trip the offense has been consistantly scoring 5 runs a game and that's exactly what we've all wanted for the last few years a consistant offense.