Notes: Harris' days numbered?

greasywheels121

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 02:36 AM)
Yeah, we already know that Timo is Ozzie's personal fluffer in the dugout.

And if that helps us to continue winning, then I'm all for it. It's real easy to think you're right without considering all the details you and I don't have, but that doesn't make it so. I think it makes more sense to keep Willie up as well. However, I'm not going to cry about it when we are playing good baseball, and if that is what Ozzie feels more comfortable with. Again, it's not like we couldn't flip flop the players whenever we felt like it. Both have options left. It's not the end of the world. I hate to see what you guys will do if he gets traded.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
Yeah, we already know that Timo is Ozzie's personal fluffer in the dugout.

The X factor on why Timo is still on the team after Gload comes up.

0061-0502-1413-1421_SM.jpg

S_V0070349.jpg

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 02:34 AM)
Again, no one is considering the X factors that may exist in this decision.

X-Factors? What? Is his OBP of under .300 last year, and this year, an X-Factor? Is his ability to play a s***ty first-base an x-factor?

Mercy, Perez is one of the worst players in all of baseball, and he's making a million f***ing bucks. It's such a joke that he's on our major league team. Give me a f***ing break, this would be such a terrible, God awful move. And, I guess it proves that performance doesn't mean a damn thing, because Harris has played so much better than Perez has.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 02:43 AM)
X-Factors?  What?  Is his OBP of under .300 last year, and this year, an X-Factor?  Is his ability to play a s***ty first-base an x-factor?

Mercy, Perez is one of the worst players in all of baseball, and he's making a million f***ing bucks.  It's such a joke that he's on our major league team.  Give me a f***ing break, this would be such a terrible, God awful move.  And, I guess it proves that performance doesn't mean a damn thing, because Harris has played so much better than Perez has.

Maybe Harris is on his way out in a trade. Maybe there are some clubhouse issues.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
X-Factors?  What?  Is his OBP of under .300 last year, and this year, an X-Factor?  Is his ability to play a s***ty first-base an x-factor?

Mercy, Perez is one of the worst players in all of baseball, and he's making a million f***ing bucks.  It's such a joke that he's on our major league team.  Give me a f***ing break, this would be such a terrible, God awful move.  And, I guess it proves that performance doesn't mean a damn thing, because Harris has played so much better than Perez has.

Ozzie's never wrong. Ozzie's also never biased. You should know that by now.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 02:57 AM)
Willie is one of our best hitters(I know I'm shocked too) this season and he's being demoted. Wow, Ozzie = not so smart. Again, he gives me more fire for my theory on him making a better 3b coach or bench coach than manager.

Winning is so overrated. When are people going to realize that the true determining characterisitics of a good manager is their choice for the final utility spot.

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 03:04 AM)
Winning is so overrated. When are people going to realize that the true determining characterisitics of a good manager is their choice for the final utility spot.

LOL.

You said Timo himself won us two games this year, when, the game he hit the homer in Minny, we went on to score three more runs after the homer. Yet, I guess if Timo hadn't hit that homer, we wouldn't have scored any runs, huh?

And, if he doesn't f*** up at first base, we sweep Anahiem.

Timo sucks.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 07:07 PM)
Wow, real mature. Real f***ing mature. I don't need this s***, I'm not sitting on this message board and being a bum and staying home...have a good night staring at soxtalk.com :D

lol

I, for one, don't think this is as huge of a deal as it's being made out to be.

Was anyone really that surprised?

Anyone think that Kenny is looking to deal Willie for a lefty reliever and/or a 3rd baseman? Maybe his idea is to send Willie to Charlotte where he can tear it up and raise his trade value even more.

Keep in mind that D'Angelo Jimenez probably won't be on the Reds after this season with his clubhouse issues and Aurilia is old. They will need another 2nd baseman. Kenny could be looking at a Willie for Randa swap. The Reds would then have Willie at 2nd base and could move Ryan Freel to 3rd base. Keep in mind that Kenny has dealt with the Reds in the past as well (Scott Sullivan, D'Angelo Jimenez).

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
Anyone think that Kenny is looking to deal Willie for a lefty reliever or a 3rd baseman?  Maybe his idea is to send Willie to Charlotte where he can tear it up and raise his trade value even more.

Keep in mind that D'Angelo Jimenez probably won't be on the Reds after this season with his clubhouse issues and Aurilia is old.  They will need another 2nd baseman.  Kenny could be looking at a Willie for Randa swap.  The Reds could then have Willie at 2nd base and move Ryan Freel to 3rd base.  Keep in mind that Kenny has dealt with the Reds in the past as well (Scott Sullivan).

Thats the only way i see Willie being sent down making sense.

Edited by sayitanitso

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 12:22 AM)
Anyone think that Kenny is looking to deal Willie for a lefty reliever or a 3rd baseman?  Maybe his idea is to send Willie to Charlotte where he can tear it up and raise his trade value even more.

Keep in mind that D'Angelo Jimenez probably won't be on the Reds after this season with his clubhouse issues and Aurilia is old.  They will need another 2nd baseman.  Kenny could be looking at a Willie for Randa swap.  The Reds could then have Willie at 2nd base and move Ryan Freel to 3rd base.  Keep in mind that Kenny has dealt with the Reds in the past as well (Scott Sullivan).

I could deal with that. I just don't want to see Willie go to the minors because of favoritism.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
LOL.

You said Timo himself won us two games this year, when, the game he hit the homer in Minny, we went on to score three more runs after the homer.  Yet, I guess if Timo hadn't hit that homer, we wouldn't have scored any runs, huh?

And, if he doesn't f*** up at first base, we sweep Anahiem.

Timo sucks.

You're gonna blame Timo for being thrown into a position he's never played before, cmon now, the same thing happened to Ross last year too. Oh yeah and if it wasn't for Timo we might have lost 2 of 3 to Anaheim.

A perfect trade for us would be Willie and prospect(s) for Randa and Mercker, except for Mercker's clubhouse crap with the Flubs last season. We would get a good 3rd baseman and a solid lefty reliever. Neither Randa nor Mercker are making much money either.

Edited by Jabroni