Notes: Harris' days numbered?

greasywheels121

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 10:30 PM)
I'd rather let Konerko leave via free agency and spend his $9 million on someone else.  I still wouldn't want to add Griffey's contract.

I would too, but there aren't any better 1B out there than PK sadly. There are decent options at 3rd but nothing above and beyond Crede IMO, and none that are going to make you spend a sig amount of cash and I don't foresee the Sox adding an Armando Benitez contract for a reliever, but something like 4 or 5 mil at the most) so X that out.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would too, but there aren't any better 1B out there than PK sadly. There are decent options at 3rd but nothing above and beyond Crede IMO, and none that are going to make you spend a sig amount of cash and I don't foresee the Sox adding an Armando Benitez contract for a reliever, but something like 4 or 5 mil at the most) so X that out.

Scott Hatteberg

J.T. Snow

Konerko isn't worth $9 million a year. I would just sign a cheap, slick-fielding 1st baseman that can hit for a decent average and get on base at a good clip.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
Scott Hatteberg

J.T. Snow

Konerko isn't worth $9 million a year.  I would just sign a cheap, slick-fielding 1st baseman that can hit for a decent average and get on base at a good clip.

Both sound like Ross Gload with playing time. And I don't even like Ross.

neither would i want, we already have ure description in the org. ROSS GLOAD.

Well, Gload has yet to do it for an entire season like Hatteberg and Snow. I would like to see what Gload can do the rest of this season before I give him the full-time job. Of course, he has to get healthy first and even then he may not get much playing time. Remember, Ozzie's jizz-mopper Timo needs to get his at bats in.

Well, Gload has yet to do it for an entire season like Hatteberg and Snow.  I would like to see what Gload can do the rest of this season before I give him the full-time job.  Of course, he has to get healthy first and even then he may not get much playing time.  Remember, Ozzie's jizz-mopper Timo needs to get his at bats in.

true, lol, so true. ross will be fine though and yes timo is a jizz mopper. :lol:

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)

The what are we gonna spend all of this on?

Shingo = 2.525 million.

Konerko = 8.75 million.

Everett = 4 million.

Ben davis is one million. Walker is 525,000k.

Ozzie's slurrrrrrrrrping mate should be back.

Option and in 2006 has dual option: 10M Player and 12M Team or a 3.5M buyout.

Thomas may or may not be back. if he does i cannot see it being for anything

more than five million ( the 3.5 million buy out that he will recieve either way plus an additional 1.5).

Then you add up the additional money that the sox have been upping the pay roll every year.

Salary increases... garland, pierz, crede ( :headshake ). We will still have a good amount left over after buehrle, garcia, and a few others that have any significantincrease in pay go up.

QUOTE(doUrememberwhen @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
by the way how can u like Crede n not Ross?  Both r unproven, but at least Ross can use the excuse that he hasn't had pt.

For the same reason I like Jamal Crawford, both are really really cool guys. I suppose I'd like Ross if some people wouldn't overrate him so much(I blame WSI for that).

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 10:49 PM)
The what are we gonna spend all of this on?

Shingo = 2.525 million.

Konerko = 8.75 million.

Everett = 4 million.

Ben davis is one million. Walker is 525,000k.

Ozzie's slurrrrrrrrrping mate should be back.

Thomas may or may not be back.  if he does i cannot see it being for anything

more than five million ( the 3.5 million buy out that he will recieve either way plus an additional 1.5).

Then you add up the additional money that the sox have been upping the pay roll every year.

Salary increases... garland, pierz, crede ( :headshake ). We will still have a good amount left over after buehrle, garcia, and a few others that have any significantincrease in pay go up.

Ask K-Dub.

QUOTE(doUrememberwhen @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 10:52 PM)
WSI DOES BLOW BALLS :headbang

Yeah, I got kicked off that s***ty site for literally no reason. I wasn't given a reason why and when I tried to email Daver(who's supposed to be in charge there) the email address given didn't exist. So I said f*** it and started coming here. People here are more realistic. Also, I didn't see as much "Change the stripes(and stadium) to green" threads.

Yeah, I got kicked off that s***ty site for literally no reason. I wasn't given a reason why and when I tried to email Daver(who's supposed to be in charge there) the email address given didn't exist. So I said f*** it and started coming here. People here are more realistic. Also, I didn't see as much "Change the stripes(and stadium) to green" threads.

HEY!! Not only r we Crede Crew Bros., but we both got kicked off that site for nothing. :headbang :cheers

I forgot the real reason was i called maggs a fa* numerous times when someone tried making sense of his statements vs. the white sox.

Edited by doUrememberwhen

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
Chavez, but let's put it this way. Who would you rather trade? PK for Griffey or Everett, Anderson and BMac(probably also Crede) for Chavez?

Dave O' Brien is NOT going to trade for Paul Konerko. End of story. If anything, they are going to want a prospect or 2 for Mr. Griffey Jr. They're not contending now, and acquiring PK for 1/2 a season isn't going to help them in the future either.

Why would Oakland want Carl Everett? Personally, the way I see a Chavez deal going down is Brandon McCarthy, Sean Tracey and Joe Crede for Eric Chavez.

One other thing on Mr. Griffey. Bang for your buck. Even if he hits .310/20 HR's, 100 RBI's, is that still worth $66 million over 4 years? Personally I don't think so.

So let me get this straight. Ross gload is hitting .350 at AAA in his rehab assignment. But cannot join the team until he plays the OF. We need a backup 1st baseman, but we are really concerned that he plays the OF. We already have 5 guys who can play the OF, why is this a requirement.

Why have a good defensive 1st baseman to backup Konerko who has a good left handed line drive stick. Another reason to keep his fluffer on the team. When logic fails, Ozzie can make up some serious s***.

Gload will sit down in AAA for another month or so. What a f***ing raw deal.

So let me get this straight.  Ross gload is hitting .350 at AAA in his rehab assignment.  But cannot join the team until he plays the OF.  We need a backup 1st baseman, but we are really concerned that he plays the OF.  We already have 5 guys who can play the OF, why is this a requirement. 

Why have a good defensive 1st baseman to backup Konerko who has a good left handed line drive stick.  Another reason to keep his fluffer on the team.  When logic fails, Ozzie can make up some serious s***. 

Gload will sit down in AAA for another month or so.  What a f***ing raw deal.

It makes absolutely no sense. The only thing you have to know is the following...

ph_340392.jpg :wub: 115230_90x135.jpg

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
Maybe it's just that he's old now and his skills have diminished? :huh

Its hilarious to hear you say that about Griffey, but when it comes to Thomas who is 37 and has suffered 2 season ending injuries in 5 years, you totally block that out as a possibility

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 11:10 PM)
Unless you live in the clubhouse or are a member of the Sox, i have no clue how you know that Willie is not liked in the clubhouse.

Willie is not liked in the clubhouse. That is not new news..

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)

That was coming out when the Sox were negotiating with Iguchi and even before then IIRC. Still Willie would be a starting 2nd baseman on some other teams in the league, like the Twins for starters.

Willie has done a nice job off the bench this year, and it's certainly nice to have him for depth. But I have no problem with him being sent to AAA for Gload.

As for Timo, his days are numbered anyway. He may last the year with the Sox, but Brian Anderson will be here sooner rather than later. I expect Jermaine Dye to be our DH/4th OF next year.

Guest JimH

Do you or people you know sense he's trying harder to be a better "fit" this year?

By all accounts he really rubbed people the wrong way in '04.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:15 AM)
Do you or people you know sense he's trying harder to be a better "fit" this year?

By all accounts he really rubbed people the wrong way in '04.

Aaron says he's trying harder.. but most of the others really have no use for him. Since his ex passed away he's toned down quite a bit, but he still doesn't go out of his way to be friendly and the others make no effort to do the same in return.

Sad.. but he burned bridges to ashes last year.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
Aaron says he's trying harder.. but most of the others really have no use for him. Since his ex passed away he's toned down quite a bit, but he still doesn't go out of his way to be friendly and the others make no effort to do the same in return.

Sad.. but he burned bridges to ashes last year.

i :wub: steff's inside info