This Quote From Ozzie

jerseysox

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
Here's another gem from Ozzie. 

Now I understand why we don't finish off any sweeps.  Nice attitude Oz.  Actually there is a little more you can do.  You could start by not playing eenie meeni minie moe with your lineup card on the last game of each sereis.

Are we forgetting the fact that we have a couple of 8-game winning streaks under our belt already? Those are difficult to accomplish without a sweep or two mixed in.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 05:06 AM)
Are we forgetting the fact that we have a couple of 8-game winning streaks under our belt already?  Those are difficult to accomplish without a sweep or two mixed in.

Well I know two of our sweeps this year are against the Royals. I'm not really impressed. The Blue Jays sweep was really nice to see, although we tried to give that one away the last game too.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 06:50 AM)
Well I know two of our sweeps this year are against the Royals.  I'm not really impressed.  The Blue Jays sweep was really nice to see, although we tried to give that one away the last game too.

Oh, I don't know. I'm kind of impressed with our 38-19 record.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
Here's another gem from Ozzie. 

Now I understand why we don't finish off any sweeps.  Nice attitude Oz.  Actually there is a little more you can do.  You could start by not playing eenie meeni minie moe with your lineup card on the last game of each sereis.

I like that he plays everybody. You're not going to get very far if your team is only ten or eleven everyday players deep. Would I do it a little differently, yes, but it's not me, and he is the one who is the manager.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 05:06 AM)
Are we forgetting the fact that we have a couple of 8-game winning streaks under our belt already?  Those are difficult to accomplish without a sweep or two mixed in.

I think too many people are spoiled by those streaks. Not sweeping the Rangers, Orioles, and Angels makes us a middle of the pack team. Losing a game to the Injuns when started by Sabathia is a loss I can take if we have taken the other two games.